Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Bassinet strollers are sooo expensive!
1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 31 2023, 7:36 pm
I'm looking for a bassinet stroller and I can't find any for under a few hundred dollars. Some strollers are cheaper, but then you have to pay for the bassinet separately.
There are some random ones on Amazon - does anyone know if those are good quality?

I can't afford an expensive stroller, but a stroller is a necessity. I don't know what to do.

out-of-towner

Post Mon, Jul 31 2023, 7:46 pm
You don't need a bassinet stroller if it isn't on your budget. For my first I just got a regular stroller (mine was the Britax B-Agile which I don't think they make anymore but it was similar to the City Mini). That said, I know someone who is happy with her MomPush stroller, which is very economical and looks nice. I have had the Maxi Cosi Zelia which is a bit more pricey (and not the best quality IMO, but I was VERY hard on it). The bassinet turns into a regular seat so it's not a typical bassinet but it works. More pricey but a better bassinet (which is purchased separately) is the Baby Jogger City Sights. I splurged on it after a number of kids KAH and am really enjoying it!

amother
Ultramarine

Post Mon, Jul 31 2023, 7:52 pm
I didn’t use a bassinet stroller until my fourth. I had a bassinet next to my bed and use a regular stroller that you can click your car seat into when in and out of the car.
What’s your budget?

gande

Post Mon, Jul 31 2023, 7:52 pm
You don’t need a bassinet stroller. You can do a snap n go. Or just a regular lay flat carriage.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 31 2023, 7:53 pm
The bassinet stroller is baby's home for the first few months... how do you put a newborn in a standard stroller? Not to mention, it will be the baby's crib (can't afford a separate crib) until the baby outgrows it.

amother
Daphne

Post Mon, Jul 31 2023, 7:57 pm
The graco modes nest, I believe it's called is a good price for the amount of stuff you get. We paid around 430 for it, but it came with a car seat attachment and the base for the car, a bassinet that converts into a toddler seat, and a big undercarriage. We really like it and use it a ton; we live in israel so think on and off busses and on more tough surfaces. The bassinet is great for newborns and while we didn't use it to be a babys crib, if you get maybe a liner or some extra padding, I can definitely see it being an option if a separate crib isn't in the budget.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 31 2023, 7:58 pm
gande wrote:
You don’t need a bassinet stroller. You can do a snap n go. Or just a regular lay flat carriage.

Where do you keep the baby during the day? The floor isn't safe because there are other kids around. And how can you leave a newborn in a snap n go all day? It's a carseat, no? Is lay flat safe for a newborn?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 31 2023, 8:00 pm
out-of-towner wrote:
You don't need a bassinet stroller if it isn't on your budget. For my first I just got a regular stroller (mine was the Britax B-Agile which I don't think they make anymore but it was similar to the City Mini). That said, I know someone who is happy with her MomPush stroller, which is very economical and looks nice. I have had the Maxi Cosi Zelia which is a bit more pricey (and not the best quality IMO, but I was VERY hard on it). The bassinet turns into a regular seat so it's not a typical bassinet but it works. More pricey but a better bassinet (which is purchased separately) is the Baby Jogger City Sights. I splurged on it after a number of kids KAH and am really enjoying it!

I had the Maxi Cosi zelia and it was great! Unfortunately, it's no longer in useable condition. I didn't mind that the bassinet turned into a seated stroller - it was a very sturdy bassinet.

amother
Lavender

Why not the Graco Pramette? It's $220 and has a proper bassinet setting.
https://www.amazon.com/Graco-P.....ss_tl

We used a different (cheaper) lay flat stroller and put in a blanket for padding the first few months. Baby slept in it every night.

esther7

I also really like my Graco. I have an older one but there's currently a nest or modes pramette that both turn into a basinet for reasonable price

amother
Vanilla

my sister in law has the mom push from amazon and she likes it

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 31 2023, 8:01 pm
amother Ultramarine wrote:
I didn’t use a bassinet stroller until my fourth. I had a bassinet next to my bed and use a regular stroller that you can click your car seat into when in and out of the car.
What’s your budget?

So I would rather spend on a stroller instead of just the bassinet that can't be moved... budget is maybe $300-400 max?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 31 2023, 8:02 pm
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Currently busy googling them Smile

Sebastian

Post Mon, Jul 31 2023, 8:03 pm
Buy 2nd hand
You can also buy a regular bassinet for under 100

tichellady

Post Mon, Jul 31 2023, 8:03 pm
I got a used uppababy a very reduced price ( I think $300) that came with the bassinet

amother
Snapdragon

Post Mon, Jul 31 2023, 8:05 pm
Not all bassinets are sleep approved. Rather get quality second hand then cheap stroller. something like this https://goodbuygear.com/produc.....-2069
https://goodbuygear.com/produc.....-blue
FYI I had both I like bugaboo better

tichellady

Post Mon, Jul 31 2023, 8:05 pm
my cousin got an affordable one on amazon she loved. it's worth looking into them. personally, my baby hated the bassinet so we are ended up baby wearing a lot and then using the stroller once he was a little older

out-of-towner

Post Mon, Jul 31 2023, 8:07 pm
I have thought about getting a bassinet stroller to use for overnight sleeping, but the only ones that are safe for it IME are the expensive ones like the Uppa Baby. They actually sell a stand for it, but the Uppa Baby is far from a cheap stroller. I believe that the bassinet that I got for my City Sights is safe for overnight use if it's put on the floor, but I haven't done that (though I might when I travel instead of a pack-n-play. You can find a simple, standard, sturdy bassinet for under $100 to use for sleeping, or you can get a pack-n-play with a bassinet insert which I did for my first when I had limited money and limited space.

Another option would be to look for a used stroller. People may sell them in your neighborhood, or you can look on Ebay or Craigslist if you feel comfortable with that. I did recently purchase another piece of baby equipment from Good Buy Gear thanks to someone from here mentioning that sight, which is legit and I'm happy with my purchase.

amother
Yarrow

Post Mon, Jul 31 2023, 8:09 pm
amother Snapdragon wrote:
Not all bassinets are sleep approved. Rather get quality second hand then cheap stroller. something like this https://goodbuygear.com/produc.....-2069
https://goodbuygear.com/produc.....-blue
FYI I had both I like bugaboo better

Signed in to write this. And saw it.

Be careful just cause it’s a bassinet for the stroller doesn’t mean it’s approved to sleep in for the night.

amother
Salmon

Post Mon, Jul 31 2023, 8:11 pm
I had the same dilemma a few months ago. I wavered back and forth between spending more than I could afford or trying something not as "good". I ended up getting the Graco Modes Pramette and it worked out perfectly for me. The bassinet is not so big, so your baby may grow out of it sooner, but otherwise I was very impressed with the quality and functionality
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics