Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Who remembers- Baltimore
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 7:12 pm
I knooooooooooow I miss those knishes so much. They were from Schmell's. I bought them every. single. Friday. For 4 years. Then Schmells closed down Sad

MrsDash

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 7:17 pm
Moved from Baltimore a while ago, I didn't know 7 mile market moved!

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 7:20 pm
Odelyah wrote:
I didn't have her I was in the other 6th, but I had her daughter. Wait I think she was my teacher in 7th grade who got married during that year. I think Rochel Tendler/Friedman was actually 8th grade. (And I think she spells it Friedman, no? Smile)

Yes 😁

amother
Nemesia

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 7:23 pm
Odelyah wrote:
I didn't have her I was in the other 6th, but I had her daughter. Wait I think she was my teacher in 7th grade who got married during that year. I think Rochel Tendler/Friedman was actually 8th grade. (And I think she spells it Friedman, no? Smile)

Yes. But Rabbi Mendy, z"l, was Freedman.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 7:27 pm
Anyone else remember rabbi diskind reporting from yerushalim over the intercom?

The מה שמי contest when they encouraged everyone to know the names of every girls in the school?

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 8:25 pm
MrsDash wrote:
Moved from Baltimore a while ago, I didn't know 7 mile market moved!

Yep it moved 2011 I think? 2010? Remember what big a deal it was when Safeway opened with the kosher food?

Who remembers Ms Otto the science teacher?

And the Mrs Sharpless the gym teacher who became a librarian?

NonBY- the ice cone shack in front of Tov on the summer?

Carvel's becoming Carmel/Caramel, moving from the seven mile/RR intersectiom to where it is now, and the kotel painting on the wall? Sabra grill being in the old Carvel location for a hot second then going treif?

amother
Cherry

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 8:31 pm
Does anyone remember when Seven Mile used to sell Goosebumps books? I would go straight to that aisle when I went shopping with my mother and I would sit on the floor and read.

When Pearlstone was part of the JCC and had swimming hours for ladies two evenings a week in the summertime.

Mrs. Bea who gave swimming lessons at BY pool

Odelyah

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 8:37 pm
amother Mustard wrote:
8 year old BYES girls used to perform for mothers AND FATHERS! Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised

8?? Hon you must be real young Wink How about 10-12 year olds in the 5th and 6th grade choir that sang at the banquet every year? IIRC one or two girls who were bas mitzva already were allowed to lip synch if their parents objected to them singing.

amother
Plum

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 9:09 pm
There was also a middle eastern restaurant near the Pikesville library. It was briefly kosher.
Seven mile used to have candy bins, like the candy store. And a pharmacy and you could get film developed.
Krispy Kreme used to be kosher.

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 10:00 pm
Krispy kreme is still kosher

Remember olan mills???

There was a store that sold shiny tape and possibly other crafting materials, a lil girls dream. Can anyone provide more info???

amother
Cherry

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 10:14 pm
amother Mustard wrote:

Remember olan mills???

There was a store that sold shiny tape and possibly other crafting materials, a lil girls dream. Can anyone provide more info???

Was it Franks? I remember going there to get stickers.

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 10:16 pm
amother Cherry wrote:
Was it Franks? I remember going there to get stickers.

Was there something called the restore? Anyone?

amother
Darkblue

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 10:34 pm
amother Mustard wrote:
Was there something called the restore? Anyone?

Yes the restore! Downtown. It was a whole trip. They had long sticky tape in different colors and all kinds of fun project things

amother
Latte

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 10:37 pm
amother Mustard wrote:

Remember olan mills???

Ooohhh shiny tape!!! Now THAT is a blast from the past!!!
I could’ve done projects with just shiny tape and construction paper the entire day!
Also Lisa Frank!
And did anyone else used to collect stationary? Teachers used to give it out as prizes! I had such a huge collection! I loved every single piece!

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 10:53 pm
amother Darkblue wrote:
Yes the restore! Downtown. It was a whole trip. They had long sticky tape in different colors and all kinds of fun project things

Yes yes yessss
The stuff dreams were made of
I also remember the candy bins at 7mile...
Remember now n later taffies? Remember when lemonheads were kosher?
Rabbi hexters aphorisms
Rabbi hexter dressing up like ralph for purim
Mrs janney hated the dentist that is why she used another word for drill...now what was it???

amother
Cherry

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 10:57 pm
Who remembers Mrs. Zlotowitz from middle school? She taught geography and used to pass around different things she had collected on her travels for lots of the countries we learned about. She had a beautiful cursive handwriting

Ms. McCarty taught Spanish in high school. We each picked a Spanish name and that was our name for the year. She taught us lots of songs in Spanish…I remember one love song

Mrs. Kleiner taught Historia…1656! 2448!

Mrs. Shar’s giant candy jar- full of Hershey kisses and other candy that she would give out as prizes

We watched movies as rewards in the auditorium…we watched Charlie and the Chocolate factory in fifth grade.

amother
NeonOrange

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 11:24 pm
amother Dahlia wrote:
I remember Sternhills (Machzikei) before they extended. We had bnos groups in nice weather on the porch.

I'm not from Baltimore but my husband grew up davening at Sternhills.

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 11:30 pm
Talking about Sternhills/Machzekei, I went to Bnos there on Shabbos for a good few years. There were people (meshulachim?) sleeping upstairs. Then I got too big for Bnos and didn't go to that shul for 15 years.

Then I got married and went for an event and it suddenly hit me! That unique smell at Sternhills, it's a mikvah!! LOL

amother
Nemesia

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 11:37 pm
amother Whitesmoke wrote:
Yep it moved 2011 I think? 2010? Remember what big a deal it was when Safeway opened with the kosher food?

Who remembers Ms Otto the science teacher?

And the Mrs Sharpless the gym teacher who became a librarian?

NonBY- the ice cone shack in front of Tov on the summer?

Carvel's becoming Carmel/Caramel, moving from the seven mile/RR intersectiom to where it is now, and the kotel painting on the wall? Sabra grill being in the old Carvel location for a hot second then going treif?

I remember Ms. Otto. Also, Mr. D. and Mrs. Bunce.

amother
Nemesia

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 11:38 pm
amother Plum wrote:
There was also a middle eastern restaurant near the Pikesville library. It was briefly kosher.
Seven mile used to have candy bins, like the candy store. And a pharmacy and you could get film developed.
Krispy Kreme used to be kosher.

We got our film developed at Acme near the Randallstown library. I think.
Page 7 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating