Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
ANYONE HAVE AN EBAY ACCOUNT AND CAN OUTBID AN ITEM FOR ME
1  2  Next

happyone

Post Thu, Dec 01 2005, 8:08 am
I have two auctions I am listing which are ending very soon. I would appreciate if someone can outbid it for me.
the auction is ending in twenty minutes.. If anyone can do it , please let me know. thanks,

nicole81

Post Thu, Dec 01 2005, 8:30 am
I don't know if you got it, but I sent you a pm.

shayna82

Post Thu, Dec 01 2005, 8:36 am
what are the items?

happyone

Post Thu, Dec 01 2005, 8:42 am
thanks anyhow. it did go up last minute.
ebay life!!!!!!
Smile Smile Smile

Post Thu, Dec 01 2005, 9:30 am
is that legal?

ElTam

Post Thu, Dec 01 2005, 9:46 am
No, it's not legal, it's fraud. Ebay has a reserve price feature and you can also set the starting price at a level you are comfortable with.

raizy

Post Thu, Dec 01 2005, 10:24 am
she should have said no less then a certain amount of money ...

then she wouldnt have this problem.

stem

Post Thu, Dec 01 2005, 10:28 am
I have to say, I was surprised to see this post on a site like this. Sad

He*Sings*To*Me

Post Thu, Dec 01 2005, 10:47 am
I think there has been some confusion on what this thread's orignator meant...she had two items that she bid on, had a change of heart, and hoped that another eBayer would outbid her...asking a sister Jew to do her the favor of outbidding her on this website is asking for help...there is certainly nothing wrong with that.
As far as last second bidding goes, it is referred to as "bid sniping", and while frustrating to the individual that had maintained Highest Bidder status until those last moments, it is also not illegal.
For what it's worth, we are 1200+ positive feedback comments, at 100%, and have been eBaying since 10/2001....I've seen it all.

1stimer

Post Thu, Dec 01 2005, 11:45 am
she said she was LISTING the items. And it seemed that she wanted someone to bid on the items for the express purpose of making the price go higher. And if that isn't wrong, then why doesn't everyone have 2 ebay accounts - one for listing and the other to outbid to make the price go higher? (rhetorical question)

technic

Post Thu, Dec 01 2005, 12:45 pm
1stimer that is THE coolest pic!!! 8)

He*Sings*To*Me

Post Thu, Dec 01 2005, 12:49 pm
You mean "shill bidding"...yep, I realize that was a rhetorical question Very Happy ... you'll have to excuse me, as I have always been one of those types of personalities who give people the benefit of the doubt...dear hubby says I am naive...pollyannish...but, I guess I must've been the one who was confused. I, too, am surprized (appalled, actually) that one would utilize this website to do what seemingly was requested.
And, I agree...what a picture...what a punim! Very Happy

1stimer

Post Thu, Dec 01 2005, 1:36 pm
sorry to let you down, but it's not my kid. I just love the attitude!

hardwrknmom

Post Thu, Dec 01 2005, 1:52 pm
ElTam wrote:
No, it's not legal, it's fraud. Ebay has a reserve price feature and you can also set the starting price at a level you are comfortable with.

I wouldn't call it FRAUD- believe it or not most people do it- doesnt mean its right though. However you are correct about the reserve price, this way it wont sell if it doesn't meet your price.

He*Sings*To*Me

Post Thu, Dec 01 2005, 2:01 pm
Actually, that type of activity IS a violation of eBay Policy, and will get a User suspended. (Before responding this post, I double-checked eBay Policy.)

daisy

Post Thu, Dec 01 2005, 2:05 pm
hardwrknmom wrote:

I wouldn't call it FRAUD- believe it or not most people do it- doesnt mean its right though.

how do you know this to be true? I find most people that I deal with on ebay to be very decent. I certainly have never done this and generally receive competitive prices on my items (I've checked the completed listings, so I know what prices different items go for).

SMG

Post Thu, Dec 01 2005, 3:06 pm
Often, if a bid is being shilled, you may get sniped in the last few seconds of the auction for pennies more than your bid. Then, the seller will send you an email offering you a second chance. This can be an indicator that the bid was shilled and your bid was okay enough with them that they still want you to buy the item even if you were sniped.

hardwrknmom

Post Thu, Dec 01 2005, 5:01 pm
SMG wrote:
.... Then, the seller will send you an email offering you a second chance.

Hmmmm.. I've seen many second chances due to "new ebayers" (with 0 feedback) not paying. Then they offer it to the bidder bellow.

happyone

Post Thu, Dec 01 2005, 5:27 pm
Not that I owe anyone an explanation... but it seems you moms always seem to "know" everyone's intentions!
It just so happens to be that the reason I needed the priced hiked was that two items fell and broke and I wanted someone to push the price beyond buying price so that it shouldnt sell. Meaning I wouldnt bill the person I asked to outbid, I just wouldnt be stuck with the sale. I thankfully found a friend that did it for me the last minute. I know that ebay has an option of cancelling an auction, but I didnt want to do that since the people bidding were bidding on alot of my items and I didnt want them thinking more things will be cancelled.
next time moms try and be someone dan lkaf zchus and stop judging each and every post! Not everyone is doing "fraud" etc... thanks for those that pm'd and responded that you would like to help.

Tefila

Post Thu, Dec 01 2005, 6:14 pm
Quote:
was that two items fell and broke

Couldn't u just have told the original bidder that , then? Confused
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics