Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Is a band fall ok for chassidish
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Broom

Post Sun, Aug 06 2023, 11:30 pm
amother Plum wrote:
It's comfortable!! Not all chassidish women care about yentas like you labeling them. It's perfectly tznius, they like how they look obviously so they wear it. If somebody wants to look more "modern" I promise you wearing a fall wouldn't be on top of their list, to do so.
Some women just can't understand how some people think for themselves and don't feel the need to follow the masses.

But it's the chilled/modern chassidish women that wear a band fall. You will not see a mainstream chassidish women wearing a band fall.
So yes, in chassidish circles, if someone wants to look more modern, a band fall is one of the things they wear.

amother
Jasmine

Post Sun, Aug 06 2023, 11:43 pm
amother OP wrote:
TBH this is just how I grew up. My family is very frum but we were taught a tefach is fine. My very yeshivish aunt covers all the way but in our family she is considered “very” frum.

I’m open to learning more about this though.

If thats considered very frum in your circles, I wonder: is yoyr family mainstream chassidish in other ways?

amother
Jasmine

Post Sun, Aug 06 2023, 11:45 pm
amother Cantaloupe wrote:
I dont know if its only chassidim,but the issue (I think halachikly)is that hair may not be covered by band OR beanie/hat, point is that some sheitel must stick out in front so that a person can tell that the hair is a sheitel. based on seeing the hairline of sheitel in the front
otherwise man may not know that woman is wearing a sheitel cuz hairline is covered

Source?

amother
Jasmine

Post Sun, Aug 06 2023, 11:51 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
if your hair is realy short it will show you gotta let it grow out a little so it's easier to cover. I didn't wear one when I had kids in school. I;mnot sure it's a problem in lubavitch but it's not great either.

It is a problem in lubavitch. The Rebbe pushed very much for full sheitlach only

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 06 2023, 11:51 pm
amother Jasmine wrote:
If thats considered very frum in your circles, I wonder: is yoyr family mainstream chassidish in other ways?

I didn’t grow up chassidish, my family isn’t chassidish

amother
Begonia

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 12:05 am
amother Plum wrote:
It's comfortable!! Not all chassidish women care about yentas like you labeling them. It's perfectly tznius, they like how they look obviously so they wear it. If somebody wants to look more "modern" I promise you wearing a fall wouldn't be on top of their list, to do so.
Some women just can't understand how some people think for themselves and don't feel the need to follow the masses.

Think for themselves and don’t feel the need to follow the masses?? To me it doesn’t look like they’re thinking for themselves. It looks like they are just running after a trend and following the masses despite the fact it makes them look horrible in my opinion and that’s its not a chassidish thing to wear. I just don’t get it.

cnc

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 12:09 am
People wear it because it's very comfortable. In the winter it's warm and cozy and in the summer it keeps the hair away from the face. It's way cooler than my regular wigs- even the ones that don't have bangs.

amother
Plum

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 1:03 am
amother Begonia wrote:
Think for themselves and don’t feel the need to follow the masses?? To me it doesn’t look like they’re thinking for themselves. It looks like they are just running after a trend and following the masses despite the fact it makes them look horrible in my opinion and that’s its not a chassidish thing to wear. I just don’t get it.

What trend? They look horrible?

amother
Jasmine

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 11:55 am
amother OP wrote:
I didn’t grow up chassidish, my family isn’t chassidish

So why do you ask about it? And about schools accepting kids?

amother
Acacia

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 12:00 pm
amother Broom wrote:
But it's the chilled/modern chassidish women that wear a band fall. You will not see a mainstream chassidish women wearing a band fall.
So yes, in chassidish circles, if someone wants to look more modern, a band fall is one of the things they wear.

It's changing though. Still a minority but some very regular chassidish wearing a band fall with a beanie.
I'm sure it also depends on the circles.

amother
Acacia

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 12:01 pm
cnc wrote:
People wear it because it's very comfortable. In the winter it's warm and cozy and in the summer it keeps the hair away from the face. It's way cooler than my regular wigs- even the ones that don't have bangs.

Not only is it more comfortable but it's also easy to care or not care for.

amother
Broom

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 12:04 pm
amother Acacia wrote:
It's changing though. Still a minority but some very regular chassidish wearing a band fall with a beanie.
I'm sure it also depends on the circles.

A band fall with a band is not acceptable in any mainstream chassidish circles. I know some women that always cover their wigs, wear a beanie in the winter.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 12:07 pm
amother Jasmine wrote:
So why do you ask about it? And about schools accepting kids?

I married chassidish

amother
Acacia

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 12:11 pm
amother Broom wrote:
A band fall with a band is not acceptable in any mainstream chassidish circles. I know some women that always cover their wigs, wear a beanie in the winter.

Those women may be wearing band falls. I know of some that do.
That's my point.

You can't really make a definitive statement that it isn't acceptable in mainstream circles while also stating that some mainstream women wear a beanie.
It's either one or the other. Even if you'd claim that you know for sure everyone's wearing a full wig, the actual beanie being worn is already making the fall be an accepted thing.

amother
Broom

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 12:13 pm
amother Acacia wrote:
Those women may be wearing band falls. I know of some that do.
That's my point.

You can't really make a definitive statement that it isn't acceptable in mainstream circles while also stating that some mainstream women wear a beanie.
It's either one or the other. Even if you'd claim that you know for sure everyone's wearing a full wig, the actual beanie being worn is already making the fall be an accepted thing.

Read what I wrote again. You missed a word or two.
I wrote that a band fall with a BAND is unacceptable in mainstream chassidish communities.

amother
Jasmine

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 12:17 pm
amother OP wrote:
I married chassidish

So whats done in your circles?
You see frkm here that some deem it more mainstream than others... depending on who they are and their crowd
We dont kmow your crowd, what does it look like to you?

amother
Jasmine

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 12:18 pm
Also take a look at the parent body of schools you are interested in/ feel is your type.
That will probably give you more clarity

amother
Foxglove

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 12:20 pm
amother Broom wrote:
I wrote that a band fall with a BAND is unacceptable in mainstream chassidish communities.

Proud Chassidisha veibel here wearing a band fall with a band in the summer

PS I taught in an ultra Chassidish school that requires a covered wig and wore a fall with a beanie and no one had an issue with that

amother
Acacia

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 12:26 pm
amother Broom wrote:

No need to get snippity.
All I said is that falls are becoming an accepted choice even for the mainstream because of the ability to wear it under a beanie. That's all.

Separate note, some years back they sold these fur thick bands and I remember it being worn by regular chassidish people, in place of a hat. It wasn't seen as modern only weird.

With time, as bands and hats have lost their extremely defined categories and have become another difference that really doesn't matter to many I wouldn't be surprised to see band falls happen. Worn as a beanie only missing the kapl.
It should be considered equally covered to the kapl style hats being worn off the back of the head.

Whom are we kidding?

amother
Broom

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 12:33 pm
amother Foxglove wrote:
Proud Chassidisha veibel here wearing a band fall with a band in the summer

PS I taught in an ultra Chassidish school that requires a covered wig and wore a fall with a beanie and no one had an issue with that

You can be a proud chassidish veibel yet not be mainstream chassidish. No mainstream
chassidish school allows parents to wear a band fall with a band.
What you wore when you taught doesn't really matter, many chassidish schools have non chassidish teachers. School rules generally don't apply to teachers, only to parents.
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels