Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Is a band fall ok for chassidish
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Broom

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 12:40 pm
amother Acacia wrote:
No need to get snippity.
All I said is that falls are becoming an accepted choice even for the mainstream because of the ability to wear it under a beanie. That's all.

Separate note, some years back they sold these fur thick bands and I remember it being worn by regular chassidish people, in place of a hat. It wasn't seen as modern only weird.

With time, as bands and hats have lost their extremely defined categories and have become another difference that really doesn't matter to many I wouldn't be surprised to see band falls happen. Worn as a beanie only missing the kapl.
It should be considered equally covered to the kapl style hats being worn off the back of the head.

Whom are we kidding?

I'm not snippity. I'm just explaining that you misread. I cannot see a band fall with a band becoming acceptable in chassidish circles anytime soon. Though I wish that they'd become acceptable, I don't have my hopes high that it will ever happen.

amother
Acacia

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 12:56 pm
amother Broom wrote:
I'm not snippity. I'm just explaining that you misread. I cannot see a band fall with a band becoming acceptable in chassidish circles anytime soon. Though I wish that they'd become acceptable, I don't have my hopes high that it will ever happen.

If we all wear beanies en masse then your wish might come true.

amother
Broom

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 12:59 pm
amother Acacia wrote:
If we all wear beanies en masse then your wish might come true.

I doubt it, I'd rather say that beanies will be banned.

amother
Acacia

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 1:07 pm
amother Broom wrote:
I doubt it, I'd rather say that beanies will be banned.

Probably. In some places.

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 7:46 pm
amother Broom wrote:

For the first time saw a very chasidish couple with the wife wearing a fall, husband looked very chasidish, He is a melamed in satmar willi and his wife was wearing a fall band

amother
Broom

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 7:59 pm
amother Aqua wrote:
For the first time saw a very chasidish couple with the wife wearing a fall, husband looked very chasidish, He is a melamed in satmar willi and his wife was wearing a fall band

They live in Williamsburg and send to Williamsburg schools? I doubt it. It is unacceptable in Williamsburg. Teaching in a certain school, doesn't mean anything. Chassidish schools have all different types of teachers, not just Chassidish teachers.
The husband can look very chassidish but the kids can be in Bais Yaakov type of school.
(I have neighbors, the husband looks like a regular chassidish guy, wife doesn't cover her hair or dress tzenuis. She used to wear a shpitzel. Husband didn't change, he's still with his flat hat and all.)

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 8:07 pm
I know the family, I did a double take, its funny this topic just came up now, because I was thinking, ok falls are now slowly making its way into willi

amother
Foxglove

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 8:11 pm
amother Broom wrote:
You can be a proud chassidish veibel yet not be mainstream chassidish. No mainstream
chassidish school allows parents to wear a band fall with a band.
What you wore when you taught doesn't really matter, many chassidish schools have non chassidish teachers. School rules generally don't apply to teachers, only to parents.

What defines mainstream Chassidish in your box? Closed minded and boxed in? Afraid to learn Halacha and actually learn instead of following herd mentality? Not having a relationship with H’ cause your Rebba is gut alein?

amother
Broom

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 8:19 pm
amother Foxglove wrote:
What defines mainstream Chassidish in your box? Closed minded and boxed in? Afraid to learn Halacha and actually learn instead of following herd mentality? Not having a relationship with H’ cause your Rebba is gut alein?

It's not my box. It's the box our leaders made for us and if we want to belong and send to schools, we must follow the rules.
The only chassidish schools that allow a band fall, are the chilled chassidish schools. You seem to think that this has to do with me.... but this is just the reality of the situation. Not something we can control.

OceanRider

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 8:43 pm
amother Broom wrote:
I have neighbors, the husband looks like a regular chassidish guy, wife doesn't cover her hair or dress tzenuis. She used to wear a shpitzel. Husband didn't change, he's still with his flat hat and all.

Is this in monsey?

amother
Acacia

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 8:47 pm
amother Aqua wrote:
I know the family, I did a double take, its funny this topic just came up now, because I was thinking, ok falls are now slowly making its way into willi

It's definitely in bp already.

amother
Broom

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 8:53 pm
[

amother
Broom

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 8:54 pm
amother Acacia wrote:
It's definitely in bp already.

It was always in BP, BP was always a mix of different types of chassidish. But they generally send to BY types of schools. My sister in law wears a band fall, she was sure her kids would get accepted to Bobov, Viznitz, or Bnos Chaya, but they weren't accepted. They send to BY.

amother
Acacia

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 9:11 pm
amother Broom wrote:
It was always in BP, BP was always a mix of different types of chassidish. But they generally send to BY types of schools. My sister in law wears a band fall, she was sure her kids would get accepted to Bobov, Viznitz, or Bnos Chaya, but they weren't accepted. They send to BY.

Mainstream chassidish schools in boro park. Not BY.

amother
Broom

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 9:27 pm
amother Acacia wrote:
Mainstream chassidish schools in boro park. Not BY.

Which schools if I may ask?
(Vein & Gur are BY type & not really considered mainstream chassidish like Bobov, Belz, TD, Klausenberg, Pupa, Bais Sara, Bais Tzipora, Bnos Chaya, Satmer, Viznitz)

amother
Acacia

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 9:33 pm
amother Broom wrote:
(Vein & Gur are BY type & not really considered mainstream chassidish like Bobov, Belz, TD, Klausenberg, Pupa, Bais Sara, Bais Tzipora, Bnos Chaya, Satmer, Viznitz)

Your second list. Are we talking about a band or just any fall?
Referring to falls in general. Mostly under beanies.

amother
Broom

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 9:34 pm
amother Acacia wrote:
Your second list. Are we talking about a band or just any fall?
Referring to falls in general. Mostly under beanies.

Talking about a band fall worn with a band. Not with a beanie. I doubt any of those schools accept if the mom wears a fall with a band.

amother
Slateblue

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 9:36 pm
amother Broom wrote:

I don’t want to burst any bubbles but I am affiliated with a chasidus listed above and my sisters in law (who send their kids to the school and cheder) are wearing bandfalls for ages. I would wear one too but my face is just too round for it. It seems like a great thing to have for the summer and for messy winter days.

amother
Acacia

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 9:42 pm
amother Broom wrote:
Talking about a band fall worn with a band. Not with a beanie. I doubt any of those schools accept if the mom wears a fall with a band.

I doubt they wear it for pta. Wearing the other sheitel when it matters should really not be a big thing. I doubt the schools would notice unless you have those tattletales. Even then, I can't see a school kicking a child out for this.

amother
Acacia

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 9:43 pm
amother Slateblue wrote:
I don’t want to burst any bubbles but I am affiliated with a chasidus listed above and my sisters in law (who send their kids to the school and cheder) are wearing bandfalls for ages. I would wear one too but my face is just too round for it. It seems like a great thing to have for the summer and for messy winter days.

If you wear it over your ears like a crown it slims down the roundness.
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels