Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
I plan on switching from amazon shopping where do I go next
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 9:56 am
As with every succesfull business that gets it's customers addicted I see amazon is going that route as well. In the past I had an easier time with free return and now they are charging me 7 dollars return shipping unless I claim that the item was defiective (which I dont want to ruin the companies name for that) without prime it or I give it to kohls or whole foods which I don't have one close to me. (I wish they had a target option)

Till now without prime there was free shipping over 25$ and today upon ordering I see it's over 35 Dollars. I think It's time for me to move on but not sure where. If I go to walmart will they give me all this craziness or they are easier with returns ? Do they have free returns with ups dropff ? (or fedex is also ok).

I know they had grocery delivery with walmart plus but I am in brooklyn which is kindof too bad otherwise I would have joined a long while ago.

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 10:02 am
Walmart generally has free returns unless the seller has a different policy. They don't have as large a selection as Amazon does most of the time.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 10:03 am
amother Azure wrote:
Walmart generally has free returns unless the seller has a different policy. They don't have as large a selection as Amazon does most of the time.
So walmart is not just the store ? Also I would I know what the sellers policy is ?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 10:30 am
Also I know that amazon often allows you to keep the item without returning which is probably not the case with walmart but with the new policy now I don't think it's worth it. As a side not what is cheaper amazon or walmart ?

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 10:31 am
Each product is different. I shop from both and price compare. You would have to click on the seller name and you can see their return policy.

amother
Snowflake

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 10:32 am
I love target but they dont have everything

amother
Milk

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 11:01 am
Any time amazon wants to change me return shipping I just go to customer service to waive the return shipping. I don't say it's defective

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 11:09 am
amother Milk wrote:
Any time amazon wants to change me return shipping I just go to customer service to waive the return shipping. I don't say it's defective
I have done that as well. sometimes they are willing to waive it and sometimes not. I feel they are getting stricter by the day.

Queen Of Hearts

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 11:19 am
amother OP wrote:
Also I know that amazon often allows you to keep the item without returning which is probably not the case with walmart but with the new policy now I don't think it's worth it. As a side not what is cheaper amazon or walmart ?

Interesting. I've had the opposite experience. Walmart telling me to keep the items and I'm not even a member. Maybe cuz I rarely do returns there.

DustyDiamonds

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 12:42 pm
Thankfully I have an Amazon return location not far, but I wonder if you’re searching for a unicorn.

Amazon is changing these things because the cost of everything has gone up. Minimum wage has gone up in a lot of places, most products, energy, etc. And inflation has weakened the value of the dollar.

So they’re passing their increased costs to the consumer by tightening return rules and raising their free shipping limits.

Unfortunately, I doubt you’ll be able to find what you used to have. This is regarding food prices and minimum wage paychecks and more. I’ve never ordered much form Walmart or Target, so I don’t know the details, but even if one of them has amazon’s old return policies and free shipping minimum, they'd probably raise it soon to cover their increased costs.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 1:14 pm
DustyDiamonds wrote:
Thankfully I have an Amazon return location not far, but I wonder if you’re searching for a unicorn.

Amazon is changing these things because the cost of everything has gone up. Minimum wage has gone up in a lot of places, most products, energy, etc. And inflation has weakened the value of the dollar.

So they’re passing their increased costs to the consumer by tightening return rules and raising their free shipping limits.

Unfortunately, I doubt you’ll be able to find what you used to have. This is regarding food prices and minimum wage paychecks and more. I’ve never ordered much form Walmart or Target, so I don’t know the details, but even if one of them has amazon’s old return policies and free shipping minimum, they'd probably raise it soon to cover their increased costs.
you definitely have a true point over here

amother
Glitter

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 2:52 pm
If you have food stamps you can get prime for half price.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 3:07 pm
Sweetmommy wrote:
Interesting. I've had the opposite experience. Walmart telling me to keep the items and I'm not even a member. Maybe cuz I rarely do returns there.

Same (though I'm a member). Amazon once told me to keep a tie and only to keep things they sent by mistake. The rest I returned.
Target a lot and Walmart not so infrequently tell me to keep the items...

Walmart returns are via FedEx.

LovesHashem

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 3:25 pm
Do what the Israelis do. Only do bigger orders for free shipping and order things you know you won't return (because you can't return for free).

I do an order every month or two. If I lived in the states it would be more often since alot of stuff don't ship here.

But really, order stuff from brands you know and love, not some Chinese stuff you've enver heard of to try out. Maybe it'll cut down your shopping expenses if you're buying less.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 3:28 pm
So overall Walmart is the best alternative or would you suggest something else?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 3:29 pm
amother Glitter wrote:
If you have food stamps you can get prime for half price.
I know but with the return policy I dont know if its worth it.....

amother
Vanilla

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 4:49 pm
amother OP wrote:
So overall Walmart is the best alternative or would you suggest something else?

There might not be an alternative

amother
Mimosa

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 5:44 pm
If you select "item arrived too late" as your return reason, they give you free returns

amother
Glitter

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 5:47 pm
amother OP wrote:
I know but with the return policy I dont know if its worth it.....
If I chat with them they give me a return label and say "thank you for being a prime member" so I assume they're giving prime members better return policies than non prime.

wtvr

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 7:03 pm
Walmart is $35 for free shipping.
That's only stuff sold by Walmart, not third party sellers. You can't get everything there.
Returns are usually free with FedEx pickup for stuff bought from Walmart
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics