Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Meuhedet Dentist in Jerusalem for Kids

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 10 2023, 3:11 am
I need a good dentist in Jerusalem, preferably near Bar Ilan or Ramot or the CBS but not necessarily. Ds9 mentioned a hole in his tooth a couple of months ago, after we JUST finished a round of A LOT of treatments at Dr. Fadi's office, and I pushed off dealing with it until now. I was hoping a new clinic nearby would open up but that's still in the works. Now dd7 said she has a hole in one of her teeth, too. The dentist JUST dealt with all of these teeth a couple of months ago!! I don't understand how these kids still have cavities when we just dealt with filling like 8 each, 2 in each corner of the mouth.
(Sorry, that was just an aside.)
Can somebody PLEASE recommend someone good in Jerusalem covered by Meuhedet for kids and give me their number and I'll just call and make an appointment already? I find dentists so overwhelming lately. Thanks!

Dolly151

Post Thu, Aug 10 2023, 3:14 am
You can call meuchedet to schedule an appointment with Dr. Meislish in ramot. She's supposed to be good

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 10 2023, 3:22 am
Dolly151 wrote:
You can call meuchedet to schedule an appointment with Dr. Meislish in ramot. She's supposed to be good

Thanks. Sounds like you haven't actually seen her. But I'll try her if I don't get anyone else.
If anyone can recommend someone they've used and been happy with, that would be extremely helpful.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 10 2023, 4:05 am
Dolly151 wrote:

Okay, I made an appointment for after Rosh Hashanah for bedikah. But she wouldn't give me an appointment already for tipul. Is that normal? If I know he has a big hole, I'd like to schedule an appointment to fill it already, not wait a month to just get it checked. Anyone else have a good, efficient recommendation?

Dev80

Post Thu, Aug 10 2023, 5:27 am
You can try the dental clinic in the ramot mall. I don't remember who we saw there but they might also be backed up. Or you could call back Dr faadis clinic and ask for emergency appointments if it's bothering your kids. Do you see the holes or the kids are just telling you it's there?

Sounds like if you want these dealt with quickly you might do better going private for these couple of teeth. I've heard good things about Dr Zaret in Sanhedria.
Good luck - for some reason dental on meuchedet is hard to navigate in jerusalem!

Iymnok

Post Thu, Aug 10 2023, 5:31 am
In Ramot Polin there is a dental clinic that takes Meuhedet. The Dr Fadi there is very good abd not related to the Dr. Fadi in RE.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 10 2023, 5:36 am
Dev80 wrote:
You can try the dental clinic in the ramot mall. I don't remember who we saw there but they might also be backed up. Or you could call back Dr faadis clinic and ask for emergency appointments if it's bothering your kids. Do you see the holes or the kids are just telling you it's there?

Sounds like if you want these dealt with quickly you might do better going private for these couple of teeth. I've heard good things about Dr Zaret in Sanhedria.
Good luck - for some reason dental on meuchedet is hard to navigate in jerusalem!

Well I don't want to go back to Dr Faadi's clinic because I don't think they did a good job there. They barely even looked at the kids' teeth, took x-rays and then just dealt with the computer. They didn't even look to see the last treatment the next week, just looked at the computer to see what they wrote. Hence they didn't see this hole (maybe the first filling came out?) even though we were there doing the last filling a few days before. Is that really normal? I'm used to more thorough personal care I guess than we get over here.

So you're right, I think I'll try private for this round and see how it goes. If they do a better job I might even come out ahead in the end! Thanks. Would love more recommendations for private good with kids in Jerusalem.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 10 2023, 5:38 am
Iymnok wrote:
In Ramot Polin there is a dental clinic that takes Meuhedet. The Dr Fadi there is very good abd not related to the Dr. Fadi in RE.

Interesting, thanks. I'm thinking I'd like to try some Jewish dentists at this point, preferably American/English/some other anglo. Maybe I'll see a difference.

amother
Sunflower

Post Thu, Aug 10 2023, 6:57 am
Did you find Fadi himself not good or others in the clinic??
I have an appointment soon with my son there, I heard great reviews at the moment his waiting list is a year long.

amother
Heather

Post Thu, Aug 10 2023, 6:59 am
We're very happy with Dr. Shochetman in Bayit Vgan (subsidized clinic.) She also works completely private in RE. She's incredible with the kids, really knowledgable and had to redo cavities done in a meuchedet clinic which had decay underneathe them Sad
026428132 (Bayit Vgan branch)

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 10 2023, 8:17 am
amother Sunflower wrote:
Did you find Fadi himself not good or others in the clinic??
I have an appointment soon with my son there, I heard great reviews at the moment his waiting list is a year long.

No, another dentist there. I heard he himself is great, I know kids who used him and the family (and kids) were thrilled with him. I wasn't able/willing to wait a year though. Good luck!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 10 2023, 8:18 am
amother Heather wrote:
We're very happy with Dr. Shochetman in Bayit Vgan (subsidized clinic.) She also works completely private in RE. She's incredible with the kids, really knowledgable and had to redo cavities done in a meuchedet clinic which had decay underneathe them Sad
026428132 (Bayit Vgan branch)

Amazing, I'm going to call, thank you! Does she treat adults, too?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions