Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Do you tip backyard camp counselors?

Do you tip backyard camp counselors?
Yes  
 81%  [ 26 ]
No just a thank you note  
 18%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 32

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 13 2023, 6:19 pm
Teenagers and one older?
How much is appropriate?

amother
Moonstone

Post Sun, Aug 13 2023, 6:20 pm
Following

amother
Celeste

Post Sun, Aug 13 2023, 6:37 pm
You tip if they have counselors working for them not the girls were running the camp

amother
Gladiolus

Post Sun, Aug 13 2023, 6:45 pm
I don't tip. I pay enough for daycamp thankyouverymuch. The ones who run the daycamp should be paying the counselors enough. What with counselors changing between first and second half and two counselors per kid, times the amount of kids I have, it's not a petty sum.

amother
Wallflower

Post Sun, Aug 13 2023, 6:48 pm
My daughter has 6 counselors shared between the 50 girls in her camp!! And they ALL switched halfway through the summer.

I dunno, I hate not tipping, I've tipped in the past even though it's a stretch for us. But this is crazy...

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 13 2023, 6:48 pm
amother Celeste wrote:
You tip if they have counselors working for them not the girls were running the camp

I would think that I need to tip the main morah over the other workers there?

mommyhood

Post Sun, Aug 13 2023, 6:51 pm
Depends on the year and the way the camp is run. I don’t tip the one who’s in charge/the one who organized the camp but if the counselors she hires were pleasant and seemed to care about my child I try to give something, usually $10 per half.

amother
Crystal

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 6:06 am
I've written in the past on different thread but will write it here again, I have a daycamp.

Nobody is obligated to give anything but if you do:
The amount doesn't matter much. The girls feel like a million dollar when they get something and feel valued and appreciated!

Make a smoothie, buy a bar of chocolate with a little card, even $5, if 10 parents give $5 that's $50 for her ! To a 13-14yr old that's tons of money!
I've had a mother bring one of those tall plastic cups and fill it with treats(less than $5!)
Believe it makes a difference to the girl that was working with your child the last few weeks! It shoots up their self esteem big time!
And if you can't afford anything, write them a little card to thank them for doing such a great job.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics