Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Diaper change spin off with poll

Toddler diaper change
5-6 times a day  
 90%  [ 79 ]
Every time it’s a drop wet  
 3%  [ 3 ]
Every hour  
 1%  [ 1 ]
7-10 times a day  
 4%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 87

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 11:20 am
How often do you change your toddler’s diaper on days they are home all day with you.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 11:21 am
I had another option “so often I can’t keep track” but it’s not showing up

amother
Lightcyan

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 11:21 am
Op, it would be an awesome idea if you can run this poll but disable responses.

That way you get an idea of how many people do what and you avoid the arguments

What a perfect world it would be Smile Smile

amother
Cadetblue

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 12:26 pm
My toddler drinks a lot of water so I change him pretty often. Otherwise he’ll develop a rash

amother
DarkPurple

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 12:28 pm
I could usually tell when any o my toddlers were uncomfortable and that's when I change them. ends up being around 6 times a day

SuperWify

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 12:42 pm
3-4-5 times or as needed.

amother
Cyan

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 12:48 pm
When I notice the indicater turns blue.

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 12:53 pm
SuperWify wrote:

Why is there not an option for this on the poll!? For a baby, yeah, more often, but a toddler? 3 or 4 times is adequate.

amother
Cyan

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 12:56 pm
SuperWify wrote:

Does this include right when they wake up and go to sleep? Cuz then your changing a toddler just 2 times in middle of the day which isn’t a lot.

amother
Puce

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 12:56 pm
We just toilet trained last week but it was roughly 5-7 times a day depending on food and drink intake. This is the reason most toddlers can be trained, their system is predictable and they have decent bladder control. Before disposable diapers most kids were trained around 18 months, when they gained bladder control.

octopus

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 1:06 pm
LOL LOL LOL I'm the only person that voted I change diapers 7-10 a day. Boy this is probably very self identifying info. I probably should've gone as amother on the other thread. Those who know me , know about my kids very sensitive skin. And it's actually not a joke. Once it breaks down, it's so so hard to get it good again.

amother
NeonGreen

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 1:08 pm
amother OP wrote:
How often do you change your toddler’s diaper on days they are home all day with you.

5 times.
after wake up
before nap
after nap
sometime in the afternoon between nap and suppertime
before bed
I admit I sometimes forget the 3rd or 4th change and find them with a very wet diaper later in the afternoon or before bed. Can't Believe It
A dirty diaper I change asap as soon as I start smelling it.

amother
Magenta

My dd is almost 2.5.
Whenever it gets wet she takes it off herself so I don't have a choice about changing her. I've tried toilet training her but she wasn't interested.

amother
Puce

octopus wrote:
LOL LOL LOL I'm the only person that voted I change diapers 7-10 a day. Boy this is probably very self identifying info. I probably should've gone as amother on the other thread. Those who know me , know about my kids very sensitive skin. And it's actually not a joke. Once it breaks down, it's so so hard to get it good again.

My oldest child had very sensitive skin and needed frequent changes. So did my 3rd. But my 2nd and fourth didnt.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 7:03 pm
No way I do it every time it's blue. Until toilet training, many dribble throughout the day.

I complained when my 2 yo's diaper was being changed 5 times in school, 3 of them in the last couple hours. She would come home, regularly make a dirty diaper, and that meant she went through 4 diapers in a few hours. That was at least 8 a day between home and school!

amother
Cyan

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 7:38 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
No way I do it every time it's blue. Until toilet training, many dribble throughout the day.

I complained when my 2 yo's diaper was being changed 5 times in school, 3 of them in the last couple hours. She would come home, regularly make a dirty diaper, and that meant she went through 4 diapers in a few hours. That was at least 8 a day between home and school!

I don’t get it. why were you upset? would be pleased that daycare was tending to my little.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 8:01 pm
amother Cyan wrote:
I don’t get it. why were you upset? would be pleased that daycare was tending to my little.

Are you the op from the other thread? No one wants their kid bothered and undressed often. It’s bad enough we need to trust strangers to touch their private part 2 or 3 times a day. More than that is over stepping and inappropriate.

amother
Cyan

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 8:04 pm
amother OP wrote:
Are you the op from the other thread? No one wants their kid bothered and undressed often. It’s bad enough we need to trust strangers to touch their private part 2 or 3 times a day. More than that is over stepping and inappropriate.

No but I don’t get your rationale. Different strokes for different folks.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 9:53 pm
amother Cyan wrote:

3 were used between 2:30 and 4 (change of teachers so she had a diaper change before going to the next classroom, right after snack a half hour later and then another right before pickup) and then we'd get home and she's have a dirty diaper at 4:20.
I'm not bringing in the big bucks. Going through 4 diapers daily in less than 2 hours adds up.
I trust the program so I don't need to know they're changing so often to be happy 😉

Kids dribble a lot before they're toilet trained. Any sign of blue on a diaper doesn't indicate a need to run and change it.
My baby made on the toilet today (don't ask) and 10 minutes later had made somewhat of a wet diaper...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics