Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Am I being silly
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 15 2023, 8:51 pm
I can get a Bugaboo Fox 3 and an Uppababy Cruz with bassinet for approx. the same price.
I am considering the Cruz for it's durability and more compact fold, and also I like the bassinet a bit better.
Part of me just feels like I should get the Bugaboo since it's more high end and is considered an amazing stroller. It also looks a lot nicer.
Am I silly for choosing a Cruz over the Bugaboo?

ShishKabob

Post Tue, Aug 15 2023, 8:52 pm
Not silly, smart

amother
Celeste

Post Tue, Aug 15 2023, 8:54 pm
Get the stroller you want. Not the one you want to be seen having

amother
Apple

Post Tue, Aug 15 2023, 8:54 pm
I thought you were going to say you feel silly choosing the Bugaboo with these considerations. Choosing the Cruz would be refreshingly unsilly

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Tue, Aug 15 2023, 8:55 pm
Get whatever stroller you like. There are pro's and con's to every stroller. Make a decision according to your needs.
The bugaboo does have a smoother push.

zaq

Post Tue, Aug 15 2023, 10:18 pm
Who's pushing the stroller, you or the people you'd like to impress? Silly is when you buy something to impress other people even though something else would serve you better.

amother
Trillium

Post Tue, Aug 15 2023, 10:37 pm
If you aren’t going to going to the fox 5 then get the uppababy.
I heard there are problems with the fox 3.

amother
Snowdrop

Post Tue, Aug 15 2023, 10:39 pm
I had the Cruz for ten years and loved it

Solid sturdy and dependable. Huge basket.

amother
Amaryllis

Post Tue, Aug 15 2023, 10:55 pm
I love my fox 3! It pushes like a dream and it’s so nice having a full size well made stroller.

amother
Maroon

Post Tue, Aug 15 2023, 10:56 pm
Not silly. I purchased the nuna triv when I could have easily afforded a bugaboo. I wanted something with compact, light, and easy fold.

amother
Oak

Post Tue, Aug 15 2023, 11:14 pm
Bugaboo bassinet is much longer and carriage is less bulkier actually, if those are factors that are important for you

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 15 2023, 11:19 pm
Lots of wise words here!
Yes, if I'm being honest it feels way cooler to push a Bugaboo so there. But really I shouldn't get it.

Amother Oak, regarding the Bugaboo being less bulky, what do you mean? The Cruz is more narrow and also folds more compact, no?

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, Aug 15 2023, 11:22 pm
amother OP wrote:
Lots of wise words here!
Yes, if I'm being honest it feels way cooler to push a Bugaboo so there. But really I shouldn't get it.

Amother Oak, regarding the Bugaboo being less bulky, what do you mean? The Cruz is more narrow and also folds more compact, no?

Why is the Cruz more durable? Everyone I know who went the uppababy route when I got married 10 years ago has their carriage in shambles and they regretted it. My bugaboo is 9 years old and in pristine condition
The fox 5 folds very compact supposedly, I still have the chameleon 3 from my oldest
I would never get the Cruz if I could get the bugaboo. It’s not the “coolness” that gave it the name
It’s really that much better

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 15 2023, 11:38 pm
amother Pumpkin wrote:
Why is the Cruz more durable? Everyone I know who went the uppababy route when I got married 10 years ago has their carriage in shambles and they regretted it. My bugaboo is 9 years old and in pristine condition
The fox 5 folds very compact supposedly, I still have the chameleon 3 from my oldest
I would never get the Cruz if I could get the bugaboo. It’s not the “coolness” that gave it the name

Thanks for this perspective! I honestly have no first hand experience, just from what I've heard people said the Uppababy can handle more "abuse" and the Bugaboo needs to be dealt with more delicately.

So now back to square one with my debate lol.

amother
DarkGray

Post Wed, Aug 16 2023, 12:21 am
I’ve had a Cruz for 10 years now and it’s going strong. I bought the bassinet for my last baby. I love it. (Before that I had a Perego, who remembers those?? I hated it.)

icedcoffee

Post Wed, Aug 16 2023, 12:30 am
In my neighborhood 95% of people have an UPPAbaby so that's the "cool" one in my eyes. I love my Vista. I've tried the bugaboo, didn't like it as much at all. At the end of the day everyone will have their own personal preference - get the one that works best for you and your needs!

amother
Bergamot

Post Wed, Aug 16 2023, 1:03 am
amother Pumpkin wrote:

My vista is in perfect condition after almost a decade of rough use and pushing around 3 kids. I’d like to see a bugaboo do that.

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Aug 16 2023, 1:04 am
amother OP wrote:
Lots of wise words here!

Whoops I had compared the vista not the Cruz. The vista is honestly more comparable to the bugaboo but I felt it was bulkier and harder to push over bumps, the bugaboo is very smooth and durable, looks great after a lot of use. I see uppababys looking more faded and lookomg very used actually.

4sure

Post Wed, Aug 16 2023, 1:08 am
amother Bergamot wrote:
My vista is in perfect condition after almost a decade of rough use and pushing around 3 kids. I’d like to see a bugaboo do that.

My bugaboo cameleon3 is 11 years old and perfect condition. It’s in use all these years almost daily.

amother
Cadetblue

Post Wed, Aug 16 2023, 1:55 am
I’m a huge bugaboo fan. I have the fox3 and love it. The push is great, it’s sleek and clean. I’ve used my sister in law’s Cruz. You can’t compare. The bugaboo wheels much more smoothly. The fox3 bassinet is very roomy and I love that I can flip up the sides and underneath is mesh so baby can see out and get more airflow. It is not a car stroller though! It’s big, but so is the cruz.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics