Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Am I being silly
Previous  1  2

Bnei Berak 10

Post Tue, Aug 15 2023, 10:57 pm
zaq wrote:
Who's pushing the stroller, you or the people you'd like to impress? Silly is when you buy something to impress other people even though something else would serve you better.
THIS

tweety1

Post Tue, Aug 15 2023, 11:00 pm
amother Bergamot wrote:
My vista is in perfect condition after almost a decade of rough use and pushing around 3 kids. I’d like to see a bugaboo do that.

Like to see? Come see mine. 6 kids and still going strong and looking pristine condition! Using it daily for 6 kids. Pumping it up stairs for 4 kids.

amother
Cinnamon

Post Tue, Aug 15 2023, 11:10 pm
Consider how your using the stroller

If you will be taking it in and out of the car - go with the cruz no question. The bulk difference is a big deal.

If you are in Yerushalyim and will be bumping it up and down steps - go with the bugaboo - it takes the bumping much better then the cruz.

imaima

Post Tue, Aug 15 2023, 11:14 pm
amother Bergamot wrote:
My vista is in perfect condition after almost a decade of rough use and pushing around 3 kids. I’d like to see a bugaboo do that.

Bugaboo does it well.
My friend pushed 4 kids in a Bugaboo left over from other people

amother
NeonOrange

Post Tue, Aug 15 2023, 11:48 pm
It’s not like you are compromising on quality and push to feel cool, so go with the bugaboo. You want to enjoy your stroller If size is an issue go with the lynx (I have and love) or bee (had for 10 years 4 kids)

amother
Blueberry

Post Wed, Aug 16 2023, 12:44 am
I’m using my bugaboo for the 3rd kid now and it still looks brand new. It has a good name for a reason

amother
Bergamot

Post Wed, Aug 16 2023, 5:38 am
4sure wrote:
My bugaboo cameleon3 is 11 years old and perfect condition. It’s in use all these years almost daily.

But can 3 kids ride on it at the same time? The Vista is a workhorse and nope not at all faded.

scintilla

Post Wed, Aug 16 2023, 5:39 am
You won't be silly either way if you get the one you really like, they're both excellent high quality strollers. Just make sure you've tried them both out and decide which features are more important to you. I always thought I'd get a Cruz, the bugaboo seemed to be for fancy people, but then I actually pushed the bugaboo and it's just so much smoother than uppababy that it won me over. Also for the future the bugaboo board has a seat while the uppababy is just standing, not a big consideration but it does help to know all the factors.

I did get the lynx as someone above suggested, I think it's the equivalent of the Cruz just I don't know if they're making it anymore. Great stroller holds up well.

But tachlis do what works for you, don't pay attention to the brand name or other irrelevant factors.

amother
Aconite

Post Wed, Aug 16 2023, 6:16 am
so many people told me uppababy was stronger than bugaboo. Mine broke after 3 years, and I dint abuse it, the warranty had just expired. so its not necessarily true. I have a donkey as a double and it seems to be holding up really well. their both big and bulky strollers. uppababy does have a lot of pros, it folds easier and smaller, has less shocks so it might be easier to bring up the stairs and the bassinet and seat are two totally separate pieces which is nice for the one month you baby wants to sit while awake and be laying down to sleep. foot rest has a few positions, bassinet is bigger

bugaboo push is much smoother, the add on boogie board is better, and it does have a smaller feel in general.

amother
Strawberry

Post Wed, Aug 16 2023, 6:43 am
amother OP wrote:
I can get a Bugaboo Fox 3 and an Uppababy Cruz with bassinet for approx. the same price.
I am considering the Cruz for it's durability and more compact fold, and also I like the bassinet a bit better.
Part of me just feels like I should get the Bugaboo since it's more high end and is considered an amazing stroller. It also looks a lot nicer.
Am I silly for choosing a Cruz over the Bugaboo?

I got an uppa baby Over a bugaboo they are way stronger and not as heavy I love my uppa baby and don’t have any regret over not getting the bugaboo.

amother
Strawberry

Post Wed, Aug 16 2023, 6:43 am
amother Aconite wrote:
so many people told me uppababy was stronger than bugaboo. Mine broke after 3 years, and I dint abuse it, the warranty had just expired. so its not necessarily true. I have a donkey as a double and it seems to be holding up really well. their both big and bulky strollers. uppababy does have a lot of pros, it folds easier and smaller, has less shocks so it might be easier to bring up the stairs and the bassinet and seat are two totally separate pieces which is nice for the one month you baby wants to sit while awake and be laying down to sleep. foot rest has a few positions, bassinet is bigger

bugaboo push is much smoother, the add on boogie board is better, and it does have a smaller feel in general.

No one I know had this experience the uppa baby lasts years and doesn’t fade if taken care of.

tweety1

Post Wed, Aug 16 2023, 8:55 am
My niece does babysitting. She's busy wheeling and shlepping up carriages alot. If somebody asks her she recommends the bugaboo. She claims bugaboo has the most lightweight carriages of all. Even the big strollers are easier to wheel and sheep.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 17 2023, 9:33 pm
I went to the store to see both strollers IRL.
The Bugaboo felt a bit more finicky - the way the handlebar height adjusts, the fold... it just felt more delicate.
The bassinet had more parts and didn't feel as sturdy as the Cruz.
The Cruz just felt more solid and sturdy.

Did anyone find that this bothered them or is the Bugaboo totally strong and solid despite it's more delicate features?

amother
Strawberry

Post Thu, Aug 17 2023, 9:35 pm
amother OP wrote:
The Bugaboo felt a bit more finicky - the way the handlebar height adjusts, the fold... it just felt more delicate.

Did anyone find that this bothered them or is the Bugaboo totally strong and solid despite it's more delicate features?

Yup one of the reasons got the uppa baby

amother
Cadetblue

Post Thu, Aug 17 2023, 10:48 pm
amother OP wrote:

Did anyone find that this bothered them or is the Bugaboo totally strong and solid despite its more delicate features?

Not at all! I live in LA and the streets here are all bumpy and cracked and I walk a ton. The fox is sturdy as anything and pushes very smoothly. I really enjoyed the bassinet when my baby was younger. I’ve used the cruz at times (borrowed a relatives). The two strollers do not compare! The fox wins hands down. But really it’s a personal preference. If you don’t like the bugaboo then don’t get it.

amother
Vermilion

Post Fri, Aug 18 2023, 1:20 am
I got a bugaboo chameleon for my oldest 14 years ago and had a TERRIBLE experience, tho I seem to be in the minority.

I used it lightly with my first. That older version did not fold in one piece or have a long enough hood, but the newer versions are better.

The issues started with when I started using it for my second child. I lived on the first floor but there wereb5 steps that I needed to shlep the carriage up. I’m short, so I always had the handlebar on the lowest setting. But every time I pulled the carriage up the steps the handlebar would extend on its own. It was annoying, but I dealt with it. Towards the end, the handlebar starting unlocking. You can switch the bar from pushing the carriage from the front or back. So when I would shlep it up the steps one side would unlock as if I was going to switch the bar to the other side. It was dangerous cuz if the second side would unlock I would lose control of the carriage on the steps. It was frustrating that even tho the carriage was well over $1000 back then in 2012 the company would not help me at all since it was past the warranty.

When I had my 3rd child I ended up buying a very slightly user new base for the bugaboo. It worked well for a while, but when he was a toddler the carriage had a slight lean to one side. So I had to compensate and push it slightly the other way when walking. I was fed up at that point and gave away the carriage.

My next carriage that I researched and wanted to get was the UppaBaby Cruz. I only looked into it 4 years ago, but that had all the features I cared about. However I never ended up buying a full size carriage and managed with a yo-yo. I would tell you to go for the UppaBaby Cruz!

amother
Vermilion

Post Fri, Aug 18 2023, 1:22 am
amother Vermilion wrote:
I got a bugaboo chameleon for my oldest 14 years ago and had a TERRIBLE experience, tho I seem to be in the minority.

I used it lightly with my first. That older version did not fold in one piece or have a long enough hood, but the newer versions are better.

The issues started with when I started using it for my second child. I lived on the first floor but there wereb5 steps that I needed to shlep the carriage up. I’m short, so I always had the handlebar on the lowest setting. But every time I pulled the carriage up the steps the handlebar would extend on its own. It was annoying, but I dealt with it. Towards the end, the handlebar starting unlocking. You can switch the bar from pushing the carriage from the front or back. So when I would shlep it up the steps one side would unlock as if I was going to switch the bar to the other side. It was dangerous cuz if the second side would unlock I would lose control of the carriage on the steps. It was frustrating that even tho the carriage was well over $1000 back then in 2012 the company would not help me at all since it was past the warranty.

When I had my 3rd child I ended up buying a very slightly user new base for the bugaboo. It worked well for a while, but when he was a toddler the carriage had a slight lean to one side. So I had to compensate and push it slightly the other way when walking. I was fed up at that point and gave away the carriage.

My next carriage that I researched and wanted to get was the UppaBaby Cruz. I only looked into it 4 years ago, but that had all the features I cared about. However I never ended up buying a full size carriage and managed with a yo-yo. I would tell you to go for the UppaBaby Cruz!

The one thing bugaboo was better at was pushing the carriage in snow. However, where I live in NY it doesn’t seem to snow much anymore and I wouldn’t base a carriage on that.

(Also regarding my previous post - I took good care of my carriage, didn’t used it every day. Never had more than one child on it…)

4sure

Post Fri, Aug 18 2023, 5:33 am
amother Vermilion wrote:

The original bugaboo had an issue with the frame. It used to snap when using on steps. They have corrected that in future models. Also the ones they sell now is a total new model, so can’t really compare. Although I also have the cameleon3, the frame snapped but I replaced that part with a metal pc instead of plastic so it doesn’t happen again.

amother
Aqua

Post Fri, Aug 18 2023, 5:39 am
4sure wrote:
The original bugaboo had an issue with the frame. It used to snap when using on steps. They have corrected that in future models. Also the ones they sell now is a total new model, so can’t really compare. Although I also have the cameleon3, the frame snapped but I replaced that part with a metal pc instead of plastic so it doesn’t happen again.
I have a used chameleon 3 from someone and had this issue I didn’t know it was common! Can you explain what you replaced? DH managed to fix it somehow but wondering what the right thing is to do. I know he ordered a part what did you order?

4sure

Post Fri, Aug 18 2023, 5:42 am
amother Aqua wrote:
I have a used chameleon 3 from someone and had this issue I didn’t know it was common! Can you explain what you replaced? DH managed to fix it somehow but wondering what the right thing is to do. I know he ordered a part what did you order?

I ordered that part from a third party place. The same thing but it’s metal instead of plastic.

It was years ago but I’m pretty sure it’s this.
https://www.shapeways.com/prod.....88287
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics