Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
When do you switch boys from leggings/ jeggings to pants?

When do you switch boys from leggings/ jeggings to pants?
I never dress boys in leggings  
 35%  [ 41 ]
 0%  [ 1 ]
 8%  [ 10 ]
 32%  [ 38 ]
 15%  [ 18 ]
 5%  [ 6 ]
6 or older  
 1%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 116

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 17 2023, 11:52 am
S/O of the girls pants thread. I really do not think it's a nice look for boys to wear skin tight pants once they are no longer a baby. But it seems that standards are different based on community.

amother
DarkGray

Post Thu, Aug 17 2023, 11:56 am
I voted 4 because my son is super petite and reg skinny pants were huge on him until then. Once he fit normally in the skinny pants I switched to that.
Really depends on the kid. In my opinion, only super skinny kids can get away w leggings/Jeggings once they're no longer in diapers. Otherwise it looks inappropriate.

mha3484

Post Thu, Aug 17 2023, 11:58 am
I always buy standard boys pants never leggings or jeggings. OOT Yeshivish. My 8 year old is very picky about his pants they cant be what he calls puffy. Its a sensory thing I think. He likes them very slim but I dont want too tight. It makes me crazy finding that balance. Old Navy makes a tapered pants that make us both happy but its such a pain.

giftedmom

Post Thu, Aug 17 2023, 12:00 pm
My five year old wears the children’s place knit pants regular fit so it’s comfortable but not skin tight

silverlining3

Post Thu, Aug 17 2023, 1:20 pm
I voted 4.

Till 2 leggings. 2-4 jeggings. And then to pants.

I loved the jeggings. Its a lot thicker than leggings so gives a pantsy look. At the age of 4 I felt its not appropriate for him anymore.

amother
Sapphire

Post Thu, Aug 17 2023, 1:36 pm
Leggings only till 3. Once they get their big boy haircut it looks off.

My son was too skinny for pants at 3 so I got him jeggings that looked like pants. But showed no ugly bulges by the crotch that u get with leggings.

chanar

Post Thu, Aug 17 2023, 1:48 pm
I switch when my boys are upsherin/toilet trained.. once they’re in underwear it doesn’t look that cute anymore!

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Aug 17 2023, 2:00 pm
My son is turning 3 Chanukah time. He’s wearing size 18-24 months. Can’t imagine pants fitting him…
I can see him staying in leggings till 4. That’s what I voted.
I guess it depends on the size of the child.

flowerpower

Post Thu, Aug 17 2023, 2:14 pm
I buy bigger sized leggings so you don’t see that area sticking out( once they are trained) and girls jean leggings( with pockets). At age 4 I transition to skinny pants until they outgrow that.

amother
Gray

Post Thu, Aug 17 2023, 2:59 pm
My 4 year old son is very petite, be doesn't carry pants. He wears girls jeggings & regular leggings.

amother
Lavender

Post Thu, Aug 17 2023, 3:03 pm
Leggings until toilet trained and girls jegging pants after that. I find the boys pants to be too wide for my small son

amother
Aqua

Post Thu, Aug 17 2023, 3:06 pm
till toilet trained

hodeez

Post Thu, Aug 17 2023, 4:01 pm
amother Gray wrote:
My 4 year old son is very petite, be doesn't carry pants. He wears girls jeggings & regular leggings.

Same with my little birdie

amother
Brunette

Post Thu, Aug 17 2023, 4:13 pm
I usually top when they have their hair cut by 3 but I still put on treggings. H&M sell some by the girls, they have a black pair which is not slim at all but doesn't have a zipper and my DS was the type that would leave his zipper open or closed, he wouldn't bother. My younger one is 4 now and still wearing jeggings because he is very small for his age and there are no trousers that will fit him

happy7

Post Thu, Aug 17 2023, 7:03 pm
Depends on the size of the child. One of my boys was very skinny, I kept him in narrow/knit leggings style until 6, but my 3 year old is more regular and he doesn’t wear leggings at all

amother
Banana

Post Thu, Aug 17 2023, 7:06 pm
Depends on the size of the child.
Once he is toilet trained, I don't like the look of tight leggings. If the child is petite, I'll do leggings that are a bit looser and then switch to pants at 3 1/2 - 4 years old.
For this summer, DS who is three wore short leggings that were not skin tight, so it looked fine.

naomi2

Post Thu, Aug 17 2023, 7:56 pm
Once they have a haircut, the leggings have to go. It looks so weird to see a big kid wearing leggings imo

amother
NeonPink

Post Thu, Aug 17 2023, 8:00 pm
My son is almost 2.5, and I got him skinny Jean pants (primark) for the fall/winter because I don’t want leggings once he’s trained.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics