Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
New screename?
1  2  Next

octopus

Post Wed, Jul 16 2008, 4:17 pm
ok- so I think my current screen name is generic, and as one person in chat once told me- there are so many happys and mommys flying around here- hard to keep track of who's who.

I sometimes think that if I had a sn like blabla or gurgle, then no one would ever forget me. LOL
So what do you ppl think?

In chat, some ppl help me come up with parkmomma, since I'm always there! But I'm not in love with it.
Any suggestions? should I change or not? comments?

TIA

Lilkingdom

Post Wed, Jul 16 2008, 4:18 pm
same here! I want to change my screen name. I'll probably use a pic of dd as my avatar. Any cute/creative names to go with it?

Clarissa

Post Wed, Jul 16 2008, 4:27 pm
I suggest going away from motherhood for ideas. Sure, motherhood is great, but the site is named for it, enough people are named for it, and nobody stands out here for being into it. Come up with some other aspect of yourself worth noting.

Purplehair

Post Wed, Jul 16 2008, 4:34 pm
I like Blablah Smile

flowerpower

Post Wed, Jul 16 2008, 4:38 pm
What about a fake name like Susan?

How's chasingboys?

Tehilla

Post Wed, Jul 16 2008, 4:40 pm
happymom@last wrote:
same here! I want to change my screen name. I'll probably use a pic of dd as my avatar. Any cute/creative names to go with it?

well you could use your signature, if you want to stick with your DD as your avatar: mylittledolly

GAMZu

Post Wed, Jul 16 2008, 5:56 pm
Yay! I can't wait to see what you choose. The only way I "recognize" you on here is because you told me who you were that day in the park, and it kinda solidified- the mommy with the double Graco dodging the broken sprinklers shooting all over the place whose little boy was splashing in the puddle with my little boy. Smile Otherwise I'd never be able to pick you out of the crowd of happies and mommies. Smile

Tefila

Post Wed, Jul 16 2008, 6:01 pm
What about something really provocative like 'chaloshes' I was thinking of using that name once Twisted Evil

mimivan

Post Wed, Jul 16 2008, 6:40 pm
Can I say something? (do I usually ask permission? LOL )

I get kind of perturbed when I get to know and like a poster and then they suddenly become someone else! This happened with one of my favorite posters on this site and I had no idea she was still here until, under her new username, she posted some familiar info...

I'd think twice or three times before changing a username...OP, you don't want to confuse your devoted fans!

octopus

Post Wed, Jul 16 2008, 6:42 pm
happymom@last, funny that you should respond! Somebody once confused me with you... LOL

Well- how about:
berserka
amiga
marker (heh, heh, crayon, I'm kinda copying you Very Happy )
barcelona (never been there, just thought it would make a good screen name)
grapevine
garnish
determinator
bookmark
swordfish

??????????

octopus

Post Wed, Jul 16 2008, 6:43 pm
mimivan wrote:
Can I say something? (do I usually ask permission? LOL )

I get kind of perturbed when I get to know and like a poster and then they suddenly become someone else! This happened with one of my favorite posters on this site and I had no idea she was still here until, under her new username, she posted some familiar info...

I'd think twice or three times before changing a username...OP, you don't want to confuse your devoted fans!

I have devoted fans?
yay!!!! LOL Smile Very Happy

mama-star

Post Wed, Jul 16 2008, 7:43 pm
yes, we're hopelessly devoted to youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.... Music

Rebshosh

Post Wed, Jul 16 2008, 8:01 pm
I think determinator is cool, definitely original too

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Thu, Jul 17 2008, 2:24 pm
happy2bamommy, how about ParkIma
or ImaPark or even parklover. or lovethepark.

and for you hmal, I'd suggest ima2cuty or cuty-sima

yummydd

Post Thu, Jul 17 2008, 2:41 pm
I too would be upset to see you change your name, I would have to get a new stranger? wait till you log onto chat and you get those annoying questions for the first few weeks: are you new here? where you from? how old etc..................

We all know you as happy mommies so as lond as your happy stay that way,

cookielady

Post Thu, Jul 17 2008, 5:05 pm
Personally, I think if you use a name like garnish, it shows a lack of self esteem. Why be a garnish if you can be the main dish?? (which would actually be a cute name "maindish"

GAMZu

Post Thu, Jul 17 2008, 5:23 pm
Please, nothing like ima2cuty or cutie'sima or mylittledolly.

What would be the point of switching from one happy, cutie, sweetie, mommy, ima, mama name to another?

Browse the member list for inspiration. Smile (Not meaning to take from there, but just to get creative juices flowing. Smile)

Apple pie

Post Fri, Jul 18 2008, 2:18 am
I agree with Gamzu: get something totally original.

Blabla would get me laughing every time I would read a post of yours Smile

But swordsifh, barcelona, main dish etc... all are good!

If you're concerned about confusing your fans, do as rutabaga did: she has her old sn in her signature until people get used to it.

Or make a thread to announce your change...

Good luck for creativity, I'm looking forward to your new sn! Smile

zufriedene

Post Fri, Jul 18 2008, 2:32 am
how about something from a different language, yiddish or hebrew? French anyone?
derkvikt, basheint,geshikte, gelungene ,want more?

Apple pie

Post Fri, Jul 18 2008, 2:37 am
Just remember that not everybody speaks yiddish... (or hebrew, or french)

Does everyone "catch" your name, zufriedene?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics