Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Low oxygen
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 18 2023, 7:04 pm
amother Slategray wrote:
You need a CT of the chest to make sure you don’t have a blood clot in your lungs which can be very serious and a cause of low oxygen. That’s the reason to go to the hospital. You may need blood thinners. This is not something you play around with. I know it’s close to shabbos but you need a work up at the ER.

Last time I had a pulmonary embolism it was totally obvious, not like now at all. I couldn’t walk up the steps I was so short of breath . I don’t have any of the typical symptoms that I remember. Just shortness of breath and a cough.

amother
Seafoam

Post Fri, Aug 18 2023, 7:06 pm
You know yourself that you are at particularly high risk of developing blood clots with COVID. Your oxygen levels are also in the 70’s. Nobody on imamother should be telling you to stay out of the hospital.

I’m sorry that you need to go. But you need to go.

crbc

Post Fri, Aug 18 2023, 7:08 pm
Op, considering asking a family member to go with you to the hospital. ER usually allows for 1 person and you can ask for special permission for family member to stay with you during night if you are admitted. Explain your situation. GL and Refuah Sheleima!

crbc

Post Fri, Aug 18 2023, 7:10 pm
Or you can get private duty nurse.

amother
Slategray

Post Fri, Aug 18 2023, 7:17 pm
You have a history of PEs and dropping your sats into the 70s. Covid increases your risks of clots as well. There is nothing to do at home but pick up the phone and call hatzala to take you to the hospital.

amother
Gold

Post Sat, Aug 19 2023, 6:48 pm
Hoping you are safe and did the right thing, OP. Refu'ah Shlemah!

amother
Slategray

Post Sat, Aug 19 2023, 9:46 pm
How are you?

amother
Yarrow

Post Sat, Aug 19 2023, 9:59 pm
This isn't medical advice or anything, but both oral and iv glutathione have been shown to be helpful with covid induced dyspnea. Nebulizer food grade hydrogen peroxide can also help. I'd try to get my hands on some ivermectin and proteolytic enzymes as well.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 20 2023, 2:36 am
amother Slategray wrote:
How are you?

In the hospital, went in Shabbos afternoon, don’t have any answers yet, just had a ct scan. So far bloodwork came back ok except for clotting factor’s which were high. They agreed to send me home after the scans come back, and hopefully won’t be in here long.

amother
Gold

Post Sun, Aug 20 2023, 2:59 am
amother OP wrote:
In the hospital, went in Shabbos afternoon, don’t have any answers yet, just had a ct scan. So far bloodwork came back ok except for clotting factor’s which were high. They agreed to send me home after the scans come back, and hopefully won’t be in here long.

Thanks for the update. Be well!

amother
Slategray

Post Sun, Aug 20 2023, 10:36 pm
Been thinking of you. How are you ?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 21 2023, 7:22 pm
Still in the hospital, surviving, keeping on hoping that tomorrow will be a better day.
Feeling a bit better, just waiting for my oxygen levels to stabilize a little more.
It’s not as bad as last time was , but still far from normal as far as getting anyone to help me or bring me anything.
Basically I need my husband as much as he can, but he is also needed at home with the kids. It’s been a fun week.

Busybee5

Post Mon, Aug 21 2023, 7:34 pm
Refuah Sheleima Hug

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, Aug 21 2023, 7:48 pm
Refuah Shelaima bkarov!

amother
Blonde

Post Mon, Aug 21 2023, 7:52 pm
Please make sure you are discharged with a prescription for an oxygen concentrator!

Refuah shelaimah.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 23 2023, 6:48 am
I am home B”H. My breathing is still not great but much improved.
I had a PE, so it was good I went.
Hopefully my last hospital visit for a while.
I hate hospitals, so many nightmares and trauma with them.
Onward to seeing how much the house fell apart in 4 days.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics