Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
No prep high calorie food

amother
OP

Post Sat, Aug 19 2023, 5:34 pm
DD4 has some medical issues and we are having issues with her weight. She keeps getting hungry very often but only takes a few bites.
I really need her to put on some weight, at-home we try to give her many high calorie foods and always give her something to eat when she asks.
My question is, at nursery, she very often says she is hungry in between eating times. What food can I send for the teachers to have in the cupboard so if she is hungry then they can offer her something e.g. rice cakes... But they should preferably be high calorie. And no prep so the teachers an just give it and it doesn't disrupt class

amother
Steelblue

Post Sat, Aug 19 2023, 5:59 pm
Best thing would really be nuts, whole ice cream, avocado.

amother
Offwhite

Post Sat, Aug 19 2023, 6:52 pm
Pediasure

amother
Lilac

Post Sat, Aug 19 2023, 7:04 pm
Greek yogurt pouches
String cheese
Granola bars

naomi2

Post Sat, Aug 19 2023, 7:06 pm
If there is a fridge, you can send whole fat Greek yogurt and mix in some honey. That's what I fed my 2 year old with feeding issues.
She can drink a cup of whole milk, whole milk string cheese.
They have grab n go guacamole or chummus and crackers. Bread and generous schmeer of butter or cream cheese, or peanut butter. If you can send nuts, Bamba is great too.
I would stay away from pediasure the sugar will rot her teeth and keep her addicted to sugar

amother
Skyblue

Post Sat, Aug 19 2023, 7:24 pm
If by some strange reason they allow peanuts and nuts you should send peanut butter and any other nut products that your child will eat. That’s the easiest

amother
Cherry

Post Sat, Aug 19 2023, 7:39 pm
Nuts or nut based protein bars if they allow them . You could do wow butter or treats made of it if not.
Cheese and yogurt if there's a fridge.
I've done potato chips for my underweight child.

mha3484

Post Sat, Aug 19 2023, 7:39 pm
If you can send nuts my kids really like these and they are very calorie dense. https://www.bobsredmill.com/shop/bars.html

amother
Cinnamon

Post Sat, Aug 19 2023, 8:31 pm
There’s Kate farm organic high calorie drinks. Look it up. We used for a while when my son needed to gain weight yet wanted healthy nutritious calories rather than empty calories.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 20 2023, 12:24 am
Thanks for your replies. She is already on paediasure and no nuts allowed. I used to prepare granola bars with almond butter but now I can't do that. She takes cheese every day because it's her favourite food.
I think I will start with granola bars and rice cakes at least she should have something when she is hungry

Shoshana Rose

Post Sun, Aug 20 2023, 1:31 am
carob,/ chocolate covered rice cake

banana if she likes it, just send 1-3 pieces at once and in a container so it shouldn't get mushed on the way.

amother
Crocus

Post Sun, Aug 20 2023, 2:32 am
amother OP wrote:
Thanks for your replies. She is already on paediasure and no nuts allowed. I used to prepare granola bars with almond butter but now I can't do that. She takes cheese every day because it's her favourite food.
I think I will start with granola bars and rice cakes at least she should have something when she is hungry

Please see if you can switch to Kate farms or another healthy-isher supplement. Pediasure has high fructose corn syrup and is full of garbage.
Btw, have the same issue with my 6 yo. Going on for yrs already- low appetite due to meds and can only eat a little at a time before getting full. Dd loves to snack though, so cookies in school are perfect for her.
Btw, have you ever looked into periactin?

teachkids

Post Sun, Aug 20 2023, 3:12 am
amother OP wrote:

What about making granola bars with sunbutter or wowbutter- nut free alternatives
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics