Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Eden resort lancaster
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sat, Aug 19 2023, 10:57 pm
Has anyone stayed at the Eden resort? Considering booking for next week but wanted to know:
Do they have a free breakfast (obvs not kosher but fruit and veggies?)
What’s the water park situation for kids there?

Highstrung

Post Sat, Aug 19 2023, 11:03 pm
I was just there. There’s no breakfast.
No water park.
There’s a pool and a kids section with kiddie pool and splash pad/ sprinklers

amother
OP

Post Sat, Aug 19 2023, 11:06 pm
Thanks! Is it weird for my girls to be in swim dresses by the kids section? How old kid would you say it’s for?
Would my boys not belong there (11 & 9)? I know it varies on the crowd at the time but was it very much frum when you were there or very mixed

Do they have ice in the hallways?

How big are the fridges? Want to know how much space I can count on

We would probably get a suite

amother
Starflower

Post Sat, Aug 19 2023, 11:09 pm
My girls went in swim dresses there were a lot of frum people in tznius bathing suits no one blinked. The fridges were full fridge and freezer. The splash pad is best for younger kids. My bigger ones went in the pool.

Highstrung

Post Sat, Aug 19 2023, 11:13 pm
I would not bring that age boys in. It’s a pool area packed with non Jews. There were 4 other frum women and their kids there when I was with my 5 yr old daughter . The kids were all under age 6. There was one family with girls who were bigger and they wore swim dresses but went to the main pool . The frum women were all dressed in regular clothes and stayed out of the pool .
Fridges are a typical hotel fridge . It’s small , but I was able to store drinks, yogurts , cheese , cold cuts , some veggies etc .
Yes, they have ice in the hallways next to the vending machines .
I didn’t see many from people this time. I’ve been to Eden Resort at least 5 times and this time I saw the least frum people than in the past . But I only stayed there for 1 night this time, so it may have had to do with that . I did see at least 6 different frum families while we were there .

The above poster mentioned a full fridge and freezer . I’ve seen that in a villa but not in a suite .

Last edited by Highstrung on Sat, Aug 19 2023, 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
OP

Post Sat, Aug 19 2023, 11:13 pm
There’s a freezer?!?! That makes such a big difference! I thought I read on the website there is no freezer. Maybe the room I was looking at doesn’t have a freezer?
What kind of room did you stay in?

amother
OP

Post Sat, Aug 19 2023, 11:15 pm
So basically my husband and boys will have to find something else to do.. nothing like a girls only party

Highstrung

Post Sat, Aug 19 2023, 11:18 pm
amother OP wrote:
So basically my husband and boys will have to find something else to do.. nothing like a girls only party

My boys were playing basketball and pool while I was in the pool area with my daughter . Note : it’s in the same area as the pool so the women walk around in their bathing gear even in the playgrounds and on the hotel grounds .

Highstrung

Post Sat, Aug 19 2023, 11:20 pm
amother OP wrote:
There’s a freezer?!?! That makes such a big difference! I thought I read on the website there is no freezer. Maybe the room I was looking at doesn’t have a freezer?
What kind of room did you stay in?

I was in a suite and there was a mini fridge and no freezer .
I’ve been to the villa once and I believe then there may have been a larger fridge but can’t remember . We prefer the suite.

amother
Offwhite

Post Sat, Aug 19 2023, 11:21 pm
amother OP wrote:

you can go out on trips as a family if you want.

We never spend much time in the hotel or Airbnb when in lancaster because we're always out doing things ...so much to do there

amother
OP

Post Sat, Aug 19 2023, 11:27 pm
Are there any kiddie pools? Would my 2 year old be able to go in without a floatie? Or only regular pools. I saw the video on their website but couldn’t tell depth

All your info is so appreciated

Highstrung

Post Sat, Aug 19 2023, 11:28 pm
amother OP wrote:
Are there any kiddie pools? Would my 2 year old be able to go in without a floatie? Or only regular pools. I saw the video on their website but couldn’t tell depth

All your info is so appreciated

Yes. One is only a few inches of water and the other is like a foot or so.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Aug 19 2023, 11:35 pm
It says you are not allowed to cook in the rooms! Yikes! How do you heat up your food? I was counting on my Betty Crocker?!

amother
Impatiens

Post Sat, Aug 19 2023, 11:40 pm
amother OP wrote:
It says you are not allowed to cook in the rooms! Yikes! How do you heat up your food? I was counting on my Betty Crocker?!

We grilled in a park nearby. Tons of other families did the same as every picnic table had frum families grilling. We brought a portable propane grill along with us.
Otherwise we did yogurts, cereal, tuna wraps, cold cut sandwiches etc

You sign a paper that they can fine you $200 for cooking with electronics in your room.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Aug 19 2023, 11:45 pm
Oh my! That’s a game changer.. are all hotels like that?

This might be a dumb question but is there any public park with outlets (I know what a dumb question but it doesn’t hurt to ask!). Really wanted to use my Betty Crocker to heat up pizza and dairy food that I wouldn’t put on a grill

What grill do you suggest? Cheap enough bc I don’t plan on using again but good enough that it’ll actually work

amother
DarkGreen

Post Sun, Aug 20 2023, 2:17 am
amother OP wrote:
Oh my! That’s a game changer.. are all hotels like that?

This might be a dumb question but is there any public park with outlets (I know what a dumb question but it doesn’t hurt to ask!). Really wanted to use my Betty Crocker to heat up pizza and dairy food that I wouldn’t put on a grill

What grill do you suggest? Cheap enough bc I don’t plan on using again but good enough that it’ll actually work

Yes there’s a park not far that has outlets but I am sorry I don’t remember the name of the park. The front desk of the hotel told us when we asked where we could go make a bbq.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 20 2023, 7:38 am
So not a dumb question after all!

What grill would you guys recommend

amother
Silver

Post Sun, Aug 20 2023, 7:55 am
amother OP wrote:
So not a dumb question after all!

What grill would you guys recommend

Any portable grill. It’s a few days of vacation - we travel often. Grill food, bread and cold dairy. I would leave the Betty Crocker- You don’t need hot dairy meals when you’re away for a few days, why complicate the trip? Bread, cheese, deli, snacks and a few raw items to put on thr grill

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 21 2023, 3:33 pm
Quote:
Yes there’s a park not far that has outlets but I am sorry I don’t remember the name of the park. The front desk of the hotel told us when we asked where we could go make a bbq.

Any idea where I can find it? The front desk almost laughed at me, she said she has absolutely no idea!

Highstrung

Post Mon, Aug 21 2023, 3:46 pm
Try Googling to see what park this is. My filter doesn’t let me open it but it seems to have a pavilion with electric outlets

733 Williamson Road Lancaster, PA 17602 ... Electrical Outlets; Grills; Picnic Tables;

Seems to be in Lancaster Central Park but I don’t know if these pavilions need to be reserved or if it’s open to the public. I have not been there so don’t have more info for you

Last edited by Highstrung on Mon, Aug 21 2023, 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics