Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
11 year old DS overly affectionate
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 20 2023, 12:51 am
Is it normal that my 11 year old son is so "mushy"?
He often tells me he loves me, he gives hugs and kisses before bed on his own...
I'm a very "mushy" person too.
But I feel like this is not normal for a boy his age.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sun, Aug 20 2023, 12:53 am
Why does it matter if its normal?
But fwiw I do think some people have those types of personalities and its normal.
I can see my oldest son who is 7 being like this when he is older still.

mommy3b2c

Post Sun, Aug 20 2023, 12:53 am
What could be wrong with it ? What a terrible thing to think your son is not normal for giving you love . Poor child …

amother
Clematis

Post Sun, Aug 20 2023, 12:55 am
As long as he asks for it then you should give it to him.

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Sun, Aug 20 2023, 12:55 am
If you're like this, and you're an adult, why do you think it's wrong for your son to be like this? Why is it normal for you to be like that and not normal for your son to be like?
My son is also like this, and I think it's the cutest thing. It warms my heart and makes my stress melt away.

amother
Pink

Post Sun, Aug 20 2023, 12:56 am
DD of that age is just like that and I’m NOT so it’s a bit much for me. I definitely think it’s normal and age appropriate and try to reciprocate every time. They need it.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 20 2023, 12:56 am
I should've known I'd be bashed just for asking.
All it took was a minute.
Trust me, he is very loved, cared for, cherished, not at all a "poor child."
My question was is it a sign of anything else? Should I worry about him lacking something else?

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Sun, Aug 20 2023, 12:57 am
amother OP wrote:
My question was is it a sign of anything else? Should I worry about him lacking something else?

You're not being bashed. People are sharing their opinions. Isn't this why you started this thread?
Why should it be a sign of something else or that he's lacking something?? Some kids are just like that. He likes hugs and kisses. You said you're the same way. Are you lacking something?
It's a nature. Nothing to worry about.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sun, Aug 20 2023, 12:58 am
amother OP wrote:

I think it means he is very comfortable with himself and with giving and recieving love. I see it as being veey healthy.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 20 2023, 1:00 am
amother Bluebonnet wrote:
You're not being bashed. People are sharing their opinions. Isn't this why you started this thread?

You're right. That was in response to mommy3b2c. I should've quoted her. In the time it took me to type my post there were more responses.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 20 2023, 1:01 am
amother Bluebonnet wrote:
Why should it be a sign of something else or that he's lacking something?? Some kids are just like that. He likes hugs and kisses. You said you're the same way. Are you lacking something?
It's a nature. Nothing to worry about.

I guess I just wonder about it being regular for a boy his age.
I'm a mother, a women, it's more regular for me.
But boys are not usually like that.
If they are, it could be it's just the nature. But sometimes I wonder if that comes from something.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 20 2023, 1:03 am
amother Chartreuse wrote:
I think it means he is very comfortable with himself and with giving and recieving love. I see it as being veey healthy.

Thank you.
And thank you to the others that also said it's normal.
I have mostly girls, and one other boy.
This son is outwardly "tougher" but then has this part of him that sometimes seems unnatural.
So I wonder.
Don't worry, I give him the love and affection that he needs.

amother
Red

Post Sun, Aug 20 2023, 2:47 am
My brothers are so warm and affectionate! The one that’s married is an excellent husband. I think that many women would appreciate a loving and affectionate husband ❤️

I have a kid like this who is also so mushy (he’s a little younger) and for a while he collected rocks to build his future wife a house. I always say his wife is going to be lucky!

Jewishmom8

Post Sun, Aug 20 2023, 5:27 am
just enjoy it while it lasts.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Aug 20 2023, 5:56 am
amother OP wrote:
If they are, it could be it's just the nature. But sometimes I wonder if that comes from something.

This is generalizing. Of course there are boys out there that are more emotional than others. Thats all. Nothing bad.
But why are you thinking it could come from something? It could just be his personality.

amother
Brown

Post Sun, Aug 20 2023, 6:34 am
amother OP wrote:

My husband loves to be hugged and touched, and some of my boys take after him. My girls happen to be more like me, totally not into it, though as a mom and wife I learned to appreciate and enjoy it. It is extremely normal, the stereotypes aren’t helping anyone.

amother
Zinnia

Post Sun, Aug 20 2023, 6:39 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
What could be wrong with it ? What a terrible thing to think your son is not normal for giving you love . Poor child …

Surprised this comment got so many likes.
OP was asking a fair question. Where does "poor child" come in?

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Aug 20 2023, 8:01 am
I have a 10 yr old son, and an almost 12 yr old son. They both love sitting on my lap, getting hugs etc. My older one will not go to sleep before he gets and gives me a kiss.

They are not 'mushy' or touchy with anyone else. My husband gets hugs too, but less. I love that they're still ok with it, 'cus I know many boys don't want this anymore at this stage. I'm enjoying it while it lasts!

amother
Catmint

Post Sun, Aug 20 2023, 8:11 am
I am very lovable and all my kids are too. They only hug and kids people within our family though. They will really like people outside the family and give lots of compliments but it’s different. They love hugs and kisses from mommy, and abba sometimes.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 20 2023, 1:57 pm
amother Zinnia wrote:
Surprised this comment got so many likes.
OP was asking a fair question. Where does "poor child" come in?

Thank you!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics