Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Tax Season for Accountants

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 20 2023, 10:19 pm
Do you work in an accounting firm and is it possible to not work overtime at this point?

Just looking at all my tax filing obligations and I wanna run away:(

Is there something that can be done to do things differently?

Tova

Post Sun, Aug 20 2023, 10:37 pm
Yes, after many years of working tax season I had enough of the busy seasons. I still work for a large national public accounting firm but work in assurance, not tax. Feel free to PM me for more details.

amother
Tomato

Post Sun, Aug 20 2023, 11:02 pm
Tova wrote:
Yes, after many years of working tax season I had enough of the busy seasons. I still work for a large national public accounting firm but work in assurance, not tax. Feel free to PM me for more details.

There are other months of deadlines and seasons in assurance, just not around pesach and succos.

Tova

Post Sun, Aug 20 2023, 11:17 pm
Not for what I do. I have no busy season. I work on very specific agreed upon procedures engagements.

Cookiegirl

Post Sun, Aug 20 2023, 11:35 pm
For some years I worked in Expatriate Tax and our busy season was geared toward the June 15 deadline vs. April 15. That helped for Pesach...Sukkos was still tough with October 15.

Have since left public accounting but it was grueling...no great way to do things differently as far as I can tell because there are dependencies on corporate deadlines for K-1's that make finishing early nearly impossible.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics