Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Help to figure out tights for 3 year old

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 8:42 pm
My oldest daughter is turning 3 now and want to know what tights to buy for the winter before going to any store. Also, I see knee socks around in the ads, do kids this age wear that too? Shabbos dresses I have for her so far now is a white dress-cable knit with suspender skirt(one piece), a green floral dress the wrinkle material type, a taupe color sweater with knit material skirt, and the lil legs brown plaid suspenders skirt with I think a natural color mock neck. (Didn’t decide which color I’m buying) If anyone can post links or pics of what would go with it I’d really appreciate it! Also what type of shoes/color would fit with those dresses. Would prefer to only have to buy one pair for her.
Asking so many questions because Im really clueless what goes with what and want her to be put together. TIA

amother
Vanilla

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 8:56 pm
My kids wear leggings at that age during the winter. If you want her in dresses, either put on leggings under dresses or cotton tights. I always feel bad when I see little kids wearing knee socks in the winter & their legs are exposed to the cold.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 9:00 pm
I already bought those outfits because I wasn’t thinking that I would need to match tights to them🙈😔 can anyone help with tights to match those outfits? Would really appreciate any help!
Also I’m thinking that the main yom tov she’s wearing them is rosh hashana, succos. On a regular shabbos she wears a robe at night (sometimes dresses) and at day she doesn’t always get dressed, depending if we are away or not. Do knee socks make for sense for succos time than tights?

amother
Diamond

Post Wed, Aug 23 2023, 9:35 am
Sukkos time is never freezing cold and I would do short socks.

I think Knee socks on a 3 yr old isnt so cute.

Than get her one pair of tights for when you do decide to dress her in mid Jan

amother
Diamond

Post Wed, Aug 23 2023, 9:37 am
Also if you do short socks you could do any color and match to any color shoes.

with tights though it gets tacky. I would stick to black tights and black shoes. ( Classy)

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 23 2023, 9:41 am
@amother diamond, thank you for responding. So I’ll buy short socks for the Chaggim, that’ll be easier. The green dress and brown suspenders I feel can easily go with black on black. But what do you buy for a white dress? Or for the beige top and skirt? Or should I only use those outfits when it’s not to cold to need to wear tights with it?

giftedmom

Post Wed, Aug 23 2023, 9:44 am
Get her both tights and socks. Succos can absolutely be cold depending on location. Personally any weather that needs even a light jacket needs covered legs. If you wouldn’t put a boy in shorts don’t put a girl in socks. It’s the same thing.
As for colors, take the dresses with you to a hosiery store and the saleslady should be able to help you.

mha3484

Post Wed, Aug 23 2023, 9:47 am
I just buy toddler tights on amazon. I have a 4.5 year old girl. She wears tights when its cold. Regular ankle socks when its warm out.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics