Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
OMG!!! Watch the video first, then read it.
1  2  Next

Pickle1

Post Wed, Aug 23 2023, 11:18 pm
https://www.theyeshivaworld.co......html

I am beyond appalled.

dena613

Post Wed, Aug 23 2023, 11:21 pm
Beyond poor taste
Much more nasty words can be said Abt it

Cheiny

Post Wed, Aug 23 2023, 11:22 pm
Pickle1 wrote:
https://www.theyeshivaworld.com/news/general/2218811/mailbag-one-of-the-most-disgraceful-things-ive-ever-seen-video.html

I am beyond appalled.

Very sick!!!!! What has our world come to? How did anyone in the know not see something very wrong with this?! This could traumatize kids. Not funny, just sick.

Highstrung

Post Wed, Aug 23 2023, 11:27 pm
When my son showed me this video I asked is this going to be a color war breakout ? I saw smirks and smiles and knew something didn’t make sense to have such faces at a funeral. It’s sad but everything serious, important or holy has been cheapened or turned into a joke. It’s scary that we are holding at such a low level and I say we , as a klal . We need Moshiach to reinstill clarity into everyone . They don’t even realize that this “funny” moment is the most unfunny moment .

gr82no

Post Wed, Aug 23 2023, 11:27 pm
How? How could someone think of such an idea and who gave permission?
No words to describe how I’m feeling

Blessing1

Post Wed, Aug 23 2023, 11:30 pm
This is what happens when camps must out-do each other's with craziness.... they don't know the limits! This is just beyond...

CPenzias

Post Wed, Aug 23 2023, 11:37 pm
Yeah this is not funny. Huge ayin hara too. Smh

613mitzvahgirl

Post Thu, Aug 24 2023, 12:23 am
This is just so horrible and yet so low. And how on earth can they get away with this? These kids notice I’m Not saying bachurim should literally be ashamed of themselves and should be taken to a DinTorah immediately and beg for mechilah from HaShem and klal Yisroel to be forgiven. This was totally inappropriately done. I’m surely thinking that their families are totally embarrassed from this horrible behavior.

NechaMom

Post Thu, Aug 24 2023, 12:25 am
In-poor-taste award of the summer!

b.chadash

Post Thu, Aug 24 2023, 12:33 am
It seems that those carrying the coffin didn't know. The bachurim were duped. Only the "adults" knew.
When you send your bachurin to camp, you assume the camp directors will be role models and people with Seichel.
Think again.

tweety1

Post Thu, Aug 24 2023, 1:32 am
I saw this yesterday. I was downright appalled how the heads of a camp can actually allow such a breakoit

WhatFor

Post Thu, Aug 24 2023, 1:39 am
How old are the kids holding the "coffin"? I don't think it's right for this video of them to be circulating if they were innocent in all this (and even if they knew, I'd they're kids). And their reaction shouldn't be judged, they're in public, amongst adults who are sanctioning this.

As for the adults, no words.

rmbg

Post Thu, Aug 24 2023, 1:46 am
Doesn’t every camp have mechanchim they consult with?? Which adult would approve of this??

DrMom

Post Thu, Aug 24 2023, 1:55 am
Aside from the very very poor taste of the whole concept, I don't understand how this video was used to start a colowar.

When do the rest of the campers see the video? I assume the camp consists of more people than just those pallbearers.

Living Princess

Post Thu, Aug 24 2023, 5:51 am
I agree it's in poor taste and lacks sensitivity but I wouldn't call it low, or horrific or shameful. Speaking LH, insulting people embarrassing people, hurting people, that's shameful behavior that sadly many of us experience on a regular basis. Behaviors that cause emotional, spiritual, physical and monetary to other Jews. Noone was hurt here, and all the boys (as well as the "dead" guy) thought is was funny. Totally understandable for boys that age. Don't think anyone was traumatized (which isn't always the case with color war breakouts). Publicizing on YWN wasn't a very smart thing to do and has no benefit.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Aug 24 2023, 9:02 am
This was terrible, and my reaction is the same as others here: How could they do this?? In a cemetery yet? Why is it right to publicize this, with all the faces of the bachurim? This should never come back to bite them but it's reminding me of a Calligraphy story about a shidduch between two kids whose lives were ruined because of social media.

But then I took a figurative step back and I'm left with questions:
1. Like DrMom, where is the rest of the camp?
2. Is it possible this was just filmed for some other reason? Maybe it wasn't supposed to go further? What is the story behind this because clearly it wasn't an actual color war breakout.

3.Oh, and camps ended last week. When did this happen? Why is it being shared now?

Marathon

Post Thu, Aug 24 2023, 9:43 am
This is not a new idea. Dh says he heard talk of a boys camp doing this at least 20 years ago

BaltoMom65

Post Thu, Aug 24 2023, 9:46 am
Such trash. Also...where did they get the funds for this tackiness? That's what happens when you have money and nothing else. Where are we headed as a people?

Blessing1

Post Thu, Aug 24 2023, 9:57 am
DrMom wrote:
Aside from the very very poor taste of the whole concept, I don't understand how this video was used to start a colowar.

When do the rest of the campers see the video? I assume the camp consists of more people than just those pallbearers.

The campers probably saw it live.

tweety1

Post Thu, Aug 24 2023, 10:07 am
Marathon wrote:
This is not a new idea. Dh says he heard talk of a boys camp doing this at least 20 years ago

So what?? Doesn't make it more right. I'll never forget a breakout when we were in camp. A counselor fainted in middle of main activity. Hatzaloh was called. She was wheeled out on a stretcher. On the way out of camp she jumped out with a banner color war. I remember even some older kids were traumatized.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics