Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Did you send your baby with a video camera?
Previous  1  2

Did you send your baby with a video camera?
yes  
 8%  [ 6 ]
no  
 91%  [ 63 ]
Total Votes : 69

amother
Carnation

Post Sun, Aug 27 2023, 12:47 am
I haven’t but I absolutely would. I understand that it’s an invasion of privacy but at the end of the day childrens safety should be the most important and overrides the morahs right to privacy. I also think that when you ar watching other peoples kids, you aren’t really entitled to the privacy anyways. And why do you need it? In legal daycare’s cameras are usually installed everywhere.

A few years ago I had a neighbor a few houses down who ran a small summer camp. One of the kids got out of the house and was outside wondering in the STREET. I ran outside to grab the baby (maybe a little over a year old) and worked to find which home he came from. It took me almost 30 minutes before someone at that house answered (I was trying all the houses on the block) and was so surprised to see this baby, having no clue he wasn’t in the classroom. It had been at least 30 minutes this baby was gone! And who only knows how long he was outside before I found him, halfway down the block. He was crying and scared and the women just took him like it was a regular Tuesday. I found out who some of the mothers were that sent there and let them know what happened. This wasn’t a kid who could tell his parents anything and it’s not like the morah would divulge she lost a child.

Protect your children! Just because you don’t see any red flags or get a bad feeling, doesn’t mean your child is in great care. Sometimes we need a little reassurance and that’s ok. Better to do what you have to to find out rather than find out chv a hard way.

Child safety is most important and if a morah can’t handle being recorded she should not be watching your children, end of story

beloved

Post Sun, Aug 27 2023, 3:48 am
I think all daycare workers should KNOWINGLY be videoed. I would be mortified though if I were a babysitter and I was being recorded without knowing. I used to babysit and I would sing to myself all day long, and I would be horrified to find out that people were listening to me.

amother
Tomato

Post Sun, Aug 27 2023, 7:43 am
beloved wrote:
I think all daycare workers should KNOWINGLY be videoed. I would be mortified though if I were a babysitter and I was being recorded without knowing. I used to babysit and I would sing to myself all day long, and I would be horrified to find out that people were listening to me.

This!
It's totally unacceptable to videotape someone without letting them know beforehand!
There are things you don't mind doing with a bunch of babies but not in front of others adults.
(For example: What if morah gets extremely private phone call during child care?)
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics