Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
10 month old has covid
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Tangerine

Post Thu, Aug 24 2023, 7:13 pm
I am fascinated by how many people are offended or threatened by people wanting accurate information either about themselves or from a public health point of view. Knowledge is our friend. If the government had been more forthcoming at the beginning of covid, lives would have been saved.

And with all due respect to the "it's just another virus" club, I am immunosuppressed. Covid could land me in the hospital or worse. Colds don't.

Same w my elderly mother-in-law and countless others.

I am probably taking this personally but if I knew that there was something I could do to protect people from harm or worse, especially in chodesh elul, I would not het caught up in trivialities. We are supposed to care about eachother.

amother
Banana

Post Thu, Aug 24 2023, 7:15 pm
smss wrote:
Fine, as long as you stay home until symptom free for 24 hours.

Not fine if you go around spreading it.

Do you really think that people with the attitude you quoted really care enough to stay home until they are symptom free yet alone another 24 hours?

The only thing I have learned on this site is how little people care about others when it is slightly inconvenience them.

tweety1

Post Thu, Aug 24 2023, 7:59 pm
My newborn they tested. Baby had fever at 6 weeks old. Dr told me if he can't find a reason for the fever he's sending me into the er. Rapid covid was positive. I freaked out but my dr was by far not. He was actually quite happy. As long as we know where the fever is coming from. Bh it lasted 48 hours only.

amother
Stone

Post Thu, Aug 24 2023, 8:00 pm
B”H it’s not dangerous for kids bH bH

smss

Post Thu, Aug 24 2023, 8:00 pm
tweety1 wrote:
My newborn they tested. Baby had fever at 6 weeks old. Dr told me if he can't find a reason for the fever he's sending me into the er. Rapid covid was positive. I freaked out but my dr was by far not. He was actually quite happy. As long as we know where the fever is coming from. Bh it lasted 48 hours only.

Yes, covid is one of the less scary reasons for fever in a 6 week old. BH it was quick and mild!

tweety1

Post Thu, Aug 24 2023, 11:41 pm
smss wrote:
Yes, covid is one of the less scary reasons for fever in a 6 week old. BH it was quick and mild!

I didn't know that. When I saw that positive I freaked out like crazy. Bh my dr quickly calmed me down.

#BestBubby

Post Fri, Aug 25 2023, 12:37 am
BatZion wrote:
You phone your doctor, and you ask.
For goodness sake OP, this is your baby we're talking about!
Why are you asking the conspiracy loonies what to do?!
Will they take responsibility if, G-d forbid, anything happens to your child?!
Be a responsible adult and ask a medical professional.

Your doctor and pharmaceutical industry don't take any responsibility if you or your child is Vax injured.

smss

Post Fri, Aug 25 2023, 1:15 am
tweety1 wrote:
I didn't know that. When I saw that positive I freaked out like crazy. Bh my dr quickly calmed me down.

I don't mean that it can't be serious in infants, it unfortunately can, but a fever in a baby that young raises the question of conditions that are ALWAYS serious like meningitis. Also, if he wasn't able to reach a diagnosis he would have had to send you for a spinal tap. So testing positive for covid is overall a relief...

amother
Trillium

Post Fri, Aug 25 2023, 1:30 am
smss wrote:
I don't mean that it can't be serious in infants, it unfortunately can, but a fever in a baby that young raises the question of conditions that are ALWAYS serious like meningitis. Also, if he wasn't able to reach a diagnosis he would have had to send you for a spinal tap. So testing positive for covid is overall a relief...

Why is fever in a baby more likely to have a serious cause?

amother
Stone

Post Fri, Aug 25 2023, 3:18 am
Fever in a baby at 6 weeks is treated seriously because of the immature immune system so they treat as if it could be meningitis like prophylactically because if it was positive for meningitis since the test takes a while to confirm then there would not be enough time to start antibiotics iv

amother
Azure

Post Fri, Aug 25 2023, 4:38 am
amother OP wrote:
He is coughing and has fever. I give him Motrin and Tylenol what else should I do.

Give him vitamin D, watch for signs of MIS-C and other post-covid symptoms. Not much else you can do, unfortunately.

Breastfeed if possible, or even ask for donations of pumped milk. You want to boost his immune system as much as possible, breastmilk from a vaccinated or recovered mother has covid antibodies in it.

Make sure he stays hydrated.

amother
Azure

Post Fri, Aug 25 2023, 4:39 am
#BestBubby wrote:
Your doctor and pharmaceutical industry don't take any responsibility if you or your child is Vax injured.

People who purposely or by neglect spread covid won't take responsibility if you or your child is covid-injured.

What's your point?

That single people can't be charged (just like dor hamabul only took a single grain of wheat to avoid being charged) but huge companies can be charged? I mean...yeah dor hamabul here, ok, so?

amother
Stone

Post Fri, Aug 25 2023, 4:42 am
Children are not "covid injured" B"H
One of the few shining points in the whole Covid tragedy is and was that children escaped unscathed B"H.
While most illnesses target elderly, immune compromised, vulnerable, and babies etc...babies and children and young people were not the vulnerable populations B"H.

amother
Azure

Post Fri, Aug 25 2023, 4:50 am
amother Stone wrote:
Children are not "covid injured" B"H
One of the few shining points in the whole Covid tragedy is and was that children escaped unscathed B"H.
While most illnesses target elderly, immune compromised, vulnerable, and babies etc...babies and children and young people were not the vulnerable populations B"H.

Wow such disgusting privilege and ignorance speaks from your post.

Of course there are many many many children who suffered short-term or long-term covid injuries. Of course not all children - far from it - escaped covid unscathed.

Please take your gross ignorance elsewhere. Say hallel that you don't know any child who was harmed by covid (I suspect you do know some who were harmed by covid but you aren't aware of it).

amother
Trillium

Post Fri, Aug 25 2023, 4:53 am
amother Azure wrote:
Wow such disgusting privilege and ignorance speaks from your post.

Of course there are many many many children who suffered short-term or long-term covid injuries. Of course not all children - far from it - escaped covid unscathed.

Please take your gross ignorance elsewhere. Say hallel that you don't know any child who was harmed by covid (I suspect you do know some who were harmed by covid but you aren't aware of it).
Huh?

amother
Stone

Post Fri, Aug 25 2023, 4:55 am
azure don't know from where your vitriol is coming from
sounds like you have a major issue and/or agenda
we get our stats from doctors and pediatricians and the health medical professionals
hatzlocha

amother
Gardenia

Post Fri, Aug 25 2023, 7:47 am
Children die from covid. And children develop long term health issues from covid. They aren’t common, but they occur, and we don’t know necessarily who will be affected most. Should we live in panic? No. But don’t be so quick to minimize and say it’s not harmful to kids.

https://jamanetwork.com/journa.....00816

COVID-19 was the underlying cause of death for more than 940 000 individuals in the US, including at least 1289 children and young people (CYP) aged 0 to 19 years. There were 821 COVID-19 deaths among individuals aged 0 to 19 years during the study period, resulting in a crude death rate of 1.0 per 100 000 population overall; 4.3 per 100 000 for those younger than 1 year; 0.6 per 100 000 for those aged 1 to 4 years; 0.4 per 100 000 for those aged 5 to 9 years; 0.5 per 100 000 for those aged 10 to 14 years; and 1.8 per 100 000 for those aged 15 to 19 years. COVID-19 mortality in the time period of August 1, 2021, to July 31, 2022, was among the 10 leading causes of death in CYP aged 0 to 19 years in the US, ranking eighth among all causes of deaths, fifth in disease-related causes of deaths (excluding unintentional injuries, assault, and suicide), and first in deaths caused by infectious or respiratory diseases when compared with 2019. COVID-19 deaths constituted 2% of all causes of death in this age group.

amother
Stone

Post Fri, Aug 25 2023, 8:20 am
big difference between sick with covid or by covid and those numbers you quote even so are not high though one is more than enough -- as you yourself say this is not even common
no need to fear monger and scare people

anyway Op hope your precious one is already feeling better!

amother
Tangerine

Post Fri, Aug 25 2023, 8:21 am
amother Stone wrote:
big difference between sick with covid or by covid

Huh? I don't even know what this means.

amother
Stone

Post Fri, Aug 25 2023, 8:23 am
It means that there were people who died from car accidents R"L who tested positive for Covid and then who were at the time listed as having died from Covid
later some of these stats were corrected
so there is a distinction between dying WITH covid and FROM/ BECAUSE OF or DUE to Covid

even reading Gardenias post carefully it does not say any kids died FROM Covid

Only relevant to Op and this thread so she does not get unnecessarily scared
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics