Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
10 month old has covid
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 24 2023, 10:18 am
He is coughing and has fever. I give him Motrin and Tylenol what else should I do.

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, Aug 24 2023, 10:19 am
Watch carefully for signs of labored breathing and low oxygen

smss

Post Thu, Aug 24 2023, 10:24 am
amother OP wrote:
He is coughing and has fever. I give him Motrin and Tylenol what else should I do.

Call your doctor and ask if you should bring him in.

amother
Trillium

Post Thu, Aug 24 2023, 10:34 am
Wasnt motrin harmful for covid?
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....58787

amother
Stone

Post Thu, Aug 24 2023, 10:35 am
call your dr and treat him like you would had he any virus.
refuah shleimah

amother
Lightpink

Post Thu, Aug 24 2023, 10:50 am
I wish people would stop testing for Covid! There's no point, you treat it the same way as a virus. All it does is inflate case numbers which makes everyone in the government freak out and is going to cause us to have restrictions again.

Please stop.

amother
Gardenia

Post Thu, Aug 24 2023, 11:02 am
amother Lightpink wrote:
I wish people would stop testing for Covid! There's no point, you treat it the same way as a virus. All it does is inflate case numbers which makes everyone in the government freak out and is going to cause us to have restrictions again.

Please stop.

In some cases it’s important to know. Also for ex I work with immunocompromised people. I wouldn’t want to infect them with covid as it could be deadly. So I want to know what I have when I’m not feeling well. Then I know how long to stay away from them.

I wouldn’t visit my elderly grandmother if I’m just getting over covid, but if it’s just a cold I might.

In a baby or kid with a medical issue a dr will sometimes want to know what’s wrong— an unexplained fever needs to be worked up. Bit if you know what the problem is you know what you’re dealing with and what symptoms are ok and what to be concerned about.

Wanting knowledge isn’t a bad thing. If you don’t want to test your family then don’t, but there are reasons people do.

amother
Lightpink

Post Thu, Aug 24 2023, 11:09 am
amother Gardenia wrote:
In some cases it’s important to know. Also for ex I work with immunocompromised people. I wouldn’t want to infect them with covid as it could be deadly. So I want to know what I have when I’m not feeling well. Then I know how long to stay away from them.

I wouldn’t visit my elderly grandmother if I’m just getting over covid, but if it’s just a cold I might.

In a baby or kid with a medical issue a dr will sometimes want to know what’s wrong— an unexplained fever needs to be worked up. Bit if you know what the problem is you know what you’re dealing with and what symptoms are ok and what to be concerned about.

Wanting knowledge isn’t a bad thing. If you don’t want to test your family then don’t, but there are reasons people do.

Sorry, your grandmother can get ill from any virus.

If you want to know if they hv an infection you do a regular white blood test.

amother
Gardenia

Post Thu, Aug 24 2023, 11:11 am
amother Lightpink wrote:

Yes but not all viruses are equal. We know covid can be dangerous for elderly. Can’t afford to be cautious for every cold, but can afford to for covid. Also blood work will take 2 days for an answer, a trip to the dr, cost money etc. a home test takes minutes. Can’t really compare the hassle. And again, I can’t isolate for every little cold, so that’s not info I want. Covid or flu I would.

amother
Eggshell

Post Thu, Aug 24 2023, 12:19 pm
amother Lightpink wrote:

This is stupid. I work with seniors daily..If I come to work with covid I could literally be sending my clients to the hospital!!!

amother
Thistle

Post Thu, Aug 24 2023, 12:39 pm
Here we go again...I just hope this time there are a FEW more people with their eyes open.

amother
Stonewash

Post Thu, Aug 24 2023, 12:40 pm
OP there's nothing else to do.
My DH had COVID a couple of weeks ago.
Felt like a mild flu and in a few days it was over. Treat it like any other virus and keep him home till he's better.

Amarante

Post Thu, Aug 24 2023, 1:12 pm
amother Lightpink wrote:

Please stop.

Paxlovid is a HUGE help in easing symptoms and giving one a better chance of not having a serious case.

That is why anyone should test as soon as they have any symptoms because you need to take Paxlovid in the first day or so for it to be effective

If you take a home test nothing is reported and if you test positive it actually helps prevent the spread and protect others.

amother
Honeydew

Post Thu, Aug 24 2023, 1:30 pm
1. Who even tests a baby for covid? It's a baby and not even a newborn. A virus will pass like any other.
2. Can we stop with the stupid testing this time around when the government tries to bring it back
3. Paxlovid is dangerous and nobody, especially not a baby, should take it
4. Is anyone going to learn their lesson or do we need more lockdowns, more vaccines pushed, more mysterious miscarriages stillborns and sudden deaths? Like at what point and what will it take for people to really open their eyes?

amother
DarkGreen

Post Thu, Aug 24 2023, 1:39 pm
amother Honeydew wrote:
1. Who even tests a baby for covid? It's a baby and not even a newborn. A virus will pass like any other.
2. Can we stop with the stupid testing this time around when the government tries to bring it back
3. Paxlovid is dangerous and nobody, especially not a baby, should take it
4. Is anyone going to learn their lesson or do we need more lockdowns, more vaccines pushed, more mysterious miscarriages stillborns and sudden deaths? Like at what point and what will it take for people to really open their eyes?

1. You don’t know who this is or what the child’s health history is. Or anyone else in the household. Some viruses are really dangerous for some people. How does it affect you if someone tests?
2. I don’t understand what you wrote, but if a person wants to test how does it affect you?
3. Paxilovid is safe. However, using drugs for off market things are not. Like Ivermectin and encouraging people to take high doses of vitamins. Too much of anything isn’t a good thing and could do more harm than good.
4. Everything you’re referring to comes from having covid, not from the vaccine.
Maybe stop drinking the kool aid. Try opening your eyes and noticing which groups had more deaths, vaccinated or non vaccinated.
And being nice never hurt. Tone and empathy go farther than being snobbier and looking down on people.

amother
Gray

Post Thu, Aug 24 2023, 2:38 pm
Get a baby oximeter to be on the safe side.
Since the baby is coughing it's better to monitor the oxygen.

BatZion

Post Thu, Aug 24 2023, 3:23 pm
amother OP wrote:

You phone your doctor, and you ask.
For goodness sake OP, this is your baby we're talking about!
Why are you asking the conspiracy loonies what to do?!
Will they take responsibility if, G-d forbid, anything happens to your child?!
Be a responsible adult and ask a medical professional.

smss

Post Thu, Aug 24 2023, 5:07 pm
amother Lightpink wrote:

Please stop.

Fine, as long as you stay home until symptom free for 24 hours.

Not fine if you go around spreading it.

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, Aug 24 2023, 7:00 pm
smss wrote:
Fine, as long as you stay home until symptom free for 24 hours.

Not fine if you go around spreading it.

Everyone should stay home until they’re symptom free for any virus. My kids got sick so many times this summer from parents who keep sending their kids to back to camp before they’re better. Yes, I work too- I understand it’s difficult, but this is why viruses (like covid) are always constantly spreading in our communities.

Instead of testing just keep your kids home. Or test if you must- but still keep your kids home even if it’s “just a virus”! And obviously don’t visit grandma when you’re sick with anything. Common sense people.

smss

Post Thu, Aug 24 2023, 7:11 pm
amother Vermilion wrote:
Everyone should stay home until they’re symptom free for any virus. My kids got sick so many times this summer from parents who keep sending their kids to back to camp before they’re better. Yes, I work too- I understand it’s difficult, but this is why viruses (like covid) are always constantly spreading in our communities.

Instead of testing just keep your kids home. Or test if you must- but still keep your kids home even if it’s “just a virus”! And obviously don’t visit grandma when you’re sick with anything. Common sense people.

I agree, and honestly I hate getting sick so much I wish people stayed home even just with colds. That's not happening though, but if someone has cold symptoms and won't test for covid, they really should at least isolate themselves.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics