Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Bringing Food for three day vacation, help please

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 24 2023, 10:38 pm
Help me please ! Need to figure out food for four adults - for three days and two nights. We will be in an air bnb I can’t count on kashering anything but I can bring Betty Crocker and any ingredients needed. Please help me with ideas. Thanks

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Thu, Aug 24 2023, 10:44 pm
I just went away for 3 days. I stayed in an Airbnb and I brought along to Betty crockers, one for meat and one for dairy.

These are some stuff I made in them.
I bought that frozen pancake batter and we made pancakes. I also bought frozen waffles that we warmed up. I brought some vegetables that are sauteed in there and I use some for eggs. I made some cheese sandwiches. I also made potatoes, frozen french fries, schnitzel, other chicken cutlets, wings, hot dogs, broccoli, string beans.
My kids didn't like the burgers in it....

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Aug 24 2023, 10:47 pm
I bring cold food for breakfast (cereal, yogurt cheese leben etc) sandwiches for lunch and Cooked food (that I heat double wrapped in oven) for dinner.

(I’m on a 5 day trip now. It’s my vacation too, no way I’m spending it patchaing over pancakes)

amother
NeonGreen

Post Thu, Aug 24 2023, 10:49 pm
Can you bring a grill? We have a travel one, they come in different sizes. We also have appliances for meat and dairy that make fries, heat food, etc, so we can make almost everything we bring ingredients for.

amother
Magnolia

Post Thu, Aug 24 2023, 10:58 pm
Tuna sandwiches with veggies for lunch/breakfast. Pitas are filling and more compact than rolls. Yogurt, cheese, oatmeal also works.

Meaty Betty for grilled chicken, burgers etc
Or hot plate for precooked meals, meatballs, soup, etc

amother
Outerspace

Post Thu, Aug 24 2023, 11:05 pm
we just did this - in an airbnb with a meat george foreman and a dairy betty crocker
Day 1 lunch - cheese sandwiches
Day 1 dinner - hamburgers, hot dogs on the grill, corn on the cob (cooked at home and reheated on grill) or corn salad, israeli salad
Day 2 breakfast - bagels and scrambled eggs on the betty crocker
Day 2 lunch - tuna (prepared at home) with crackers/rice cakes, carrots, guacamole
Day 2 dinner - grilled chicken and heated up bought bourekas, pickles!
Day 3 breakfast - pancakes on the betty crocker
Day 3 lunch - pizza cooked on the betty crocker, cut up veggies
Dinner - at home!

it took some prep and brought along a lot of food but overall very manageable

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 25 2023, 12:07 am
Thank you everyone for the great ideas!
Keep them coming

amother
Tanzanite

Post Fri, Aug 25 2023, 12:07 am
For a special treat, bring along s’mores ingredients. Put marshmallows and chocolate between graham crackers, wrap the whole thing in aluminum foil, and put in the Betty Crocker until the inside gets melty. Kids and adults love it and there’s no mess!

Also, my kids aren’t a fan of the ready pancake batter as pancakes, but love it when made into waffles on trips. I have one of those tiny Dash waffle makers that cost less than $10 and it makes great waffles and is super light and portable for trips.

emee2

Post Fri, Aug 25 2023, 12:39 am
Breakfast: cereal milk, yogurt, muffins , eggs, oatmeal
Lunch: bagel cream cheese/lox pb & j, pasta tuna salad, tuna sandwich, tuna melt , tradition soup, boiled eggs
Dinner: falafel, tacos,
Sandwich maker/ Betty Crocker for cheese sandwiches and a George Foreman grill for hotdogs
Quinoa , pizza bagels , deli sandwiches
Breakfast for dinner: hash browns, eggs, pancakes
Pasta and sauce
Quesadillas
Rice/ couscous
Rotisserie chicken ( brought with you)

erm

Post Fri, Aug 25 2023, 1:23 am
There is an electric non stick pot that is sold on amazon that works well so you can cook anything example eggs, pasta, soup etc

amother
Mintgreen

Post Fri, Aug 25 2023, 1:50 am
Frozen chicken cutlets and Pattis and disposable grill

amother
Daisy

Post Fri, Aug 25 2023, 2:07 am
You could also bring a crock pot if you are into slow cooker meals.

We once brought a panini maker.

amother
Amaranthus

Post Fri, Aug 25 2023, 2:31 am
I like an electric skillet much better than a Betty crocker for most things. Works like a pan on your stove with adjustable Temps.

The Betty crocker doesn't do the best job with some of these things.

I also vote for getting a portable grill. But you need a backup method in case of rain.

I marinate the food for each night and freeze in the marinade in plastic bags. I bring on the trip frozen. Then you can either take frozen with the grill on a day trip or take out from free,er to defrost. I try to do smaller size things (Like chicken fingers, thinner steaks, individual hamburgers) so they defrost quickly.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 25 2023, 10:34 am
👍🏻👍🏻Loving all these ideas coming !

salt

Post Sun, Aug 27 2023, 1:49 am
I would not cook if it's just 2 nights. And we'd be happy eating the same thing each day. Anything to not spend vacation days in the kitchen.

Cereal and milk for breakfast. Yoghurts. Or bread and spreads if you prefer.

Lunch - sandwiches. Bring fillings, eg. tuna, hard boiled eggs, yellow cheese.

2 dinners shnitzels (bring them cooked, eat them cold) - in pita, with cut up fresh vegetables.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics