Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
What do you do with super wild kids?

amother
OP

Post Sat, Aug 26 2023, 9:18 pm
When they're running wild in the house, no concept of getting hurt. I get so so nervous. Constantly telling them to calm down and not get hurt. Going outside isn't the answer when it's close to bedtime

amother
Bellflower

Post Sat, Aug 26 2023, 9:24 pm
Pull out some books and read to them. Sit down with them and play a game. Limit the amount of junk you give them.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Aug 26 2023, 9:30 pm
Or just post on imamother waiting for a reply and hear quiet from their room 2 min later. That extra running around worked LOL

amother
Almond

Post Sat, Aug 26 2023, 9:35 pm
We have our house set up for lots of sensory input- hanging bars, climbing under couch cushions, spinning, rocking, etc

amother
Broom

Post Sat, Aug 26 2023, 10:04 pm
amother Almond wrote:
We have our house set up for lots of sensory input- hanging bars, climbing under couch cushions, spinning, rocking, etc

Can you link

amother
Peru

Post Sat, Aug 26 2023, 10:09 pm
Following! We took them to the playground in the afternoon and they were still running around and screaming before bedtime. BH I got them to settle down by assigning cleanup jobs for the different toys that were scattered all over the living room and that tired them out a bit.

amother
Jean

Post Sat, Aug 26 2023, 10:10 pm
Distraction usually works. I turn on a cd, offer to play a game, read a book, go outside etc.

giftedmom

Post Sat, Aug 26 2023, 10:14 pm
It’s the end of summer. Did you grow up without little kids around?

amother
Emerald

Post Sat, Aug 26 2023, 10:16 pm
Set up the house in a way that minimizes the risk of getting hurt. Winter is coming up. If you need to replace their beds with just mattresses, so be it.

gigglemom

Post Sat, Aug 26 2023, 10:52 pm
get them some climbing toys (pickler triangle, screw some rock climbing stuff into the walls etc) and a little folding trampoline and a sensory swing

amother
Sage

Post Sun, Aug 27 2023, 12:06 am
Guide their energy into focused play. Set up an obstacle course for them to go through, have running competitions, get them doing jumping jacks, running on the spot. Join with them.

lucky14

Post Sun, Aug 27 2023, 12:21 am
gigglemom wrote:
get them some climbing toys (pickler triangle, screw some rock climbing stuff into the walls etc) and a little folding trampoline and a sensory swing

What ages is the pickler triangle best for and how long do kids really use it before they get bored of it? (I’m talking about how many days, weeks, months…)

gigglemom

Post Sun, Aug 27 2023, 1:17 pm
lucky14 wrote:
What ages is the pickler triangle best for and how long do kids really use it before they get bored of it? (I’m talking about how many days, weeks, months…)

I'd say 18m to 5. we have it for about half a year and my son still plays with it

amother
Almond

Post Sun, Aug 27 2023, 1:53 pm
amother Broom wrote:
Can you link

Don't have the exact links, but get a doorway chin up bar and a hanging bar made for a swingset.

Sit n spin for younger kids. Wobble board

Couch cover with some stretch so they can climb into it, and couch with cushions to squeeze under.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics