Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Help me not ruin my child

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 28 2023, 7:57 pm
My child is showing signs of adhd. Until we can get connected with a therapist and psychiatrist it will take time.
Help me not ruin my child until then!

Today my Dc had a blowup because a few things didn’t go as expected. Then, when I served dinner, they yelled “it’s only three pieces! I want more!”
It was actually 13 pieces and I explained that if Dc finishes the food on the plate I’ll give more. This is what I do for my other kids and it works.
Well this Dc took the food and smeared it across the table I had just cleaned.

They also spent all afternoon poking their older and younger siblings and playing with their toys without asking permission.

And kvetching all afternoon about various things - barely being happy at all.

I have two other kids who came home, ate nicely, played nicely, were nice to me and to each other, one apologized to me of their own accord when they realized they had said something hurtful, they cleaned up after themselves- their food and toys….

But my Dc with suspected adhd got sent to their room twice and I’m ashamed to admit I yelled and slammed doors.

Please help me until I can get help

amother
Nemesia

Post Mon, Aug 28 2023, 8:03 pm
I could have written this post today 🙈 I’m ashamed of how I treated my ds with adhd today. I lost my cool so many times I keep thinking to myself I’m ruining this child Sad he was out of control today. Too many days of no structure. Hugs op

mushkamothers

Post Mon, Aug 28 2023, 8:07 pm
Sue Larkey podcast

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Aug 28 2023, 9:00 pm
Its not a cure, but I take myself and my child with adhd for craniosacral therapy it helps us both keep our sanity to some extent.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children