Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Older kids with "diaper rash". WTD

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 28 2023, 7:51 pm
2 of my bigger kids, 11 and 6, sometimes get a diaper rash down there, in the back. they say it burns and itches around the @nus. they bathe every day, wipe well and drink plenty of water. what can be causing this?
I tell them it's when they eat too much junk like certain yomim tovim or when they have a trip but I kinda made that up so IDK.
anyone know what the cause could be and what I can do to help? putting vaseline and such doesn't help.
I don't think it's pinworms, I never saw one by them.

amother
Silver

Post Mon, Aug 28 2023, 7:52 pm
Yeast or strep

amother
Burgundy

Post Mon, Aug 28 2023, 7:53 pm
Girls? Do they lean forward when urinating or sit up straight? Elbows on knees, hunched should help.

Also apply purple desitin At bedtime, in AM should be much better.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 28 2023, 7:55 pm
one boy one girl.
what can I do if it's yeast?
I dont think it's strep. it comes and goes with no other symptoms and doesnt last. my kids have other strep symptoms that I recognize already over the years.

amother
Darkblue

Post Mon, Aug 28 2023, 7:56 pm
Not wiping properly or wiping too hard with tissues. Have them use flushable wipes. If you don't want them flushing it then give them tiny diaper bags to tie it up and throw in the trash.

amother
Silver

Post Mon, Aug 28 2023, 7:56 pm
amother OP wrote:
one boy one girl.
I dont think it's strep. it comes and goes with no other symptoms and doesnt last. my kids have other strep symptoms that I recognize already over the years.
Look up perianal strep

amother
Clematis

Post Mon, Aug 28 2023, 7:58 pm
You ask What would you do. What I would do is next time the kids have this, I would take them to the doctor. That’s what I would do.

amother
Navyblue

Post Mon, Aug 28 2023, 8:37 pm
How's their poop? I could see either constipation or diarrhea causing this. Or not wiping well enough.

amother
Sunflower

Post Mon, Aug 28 2023, 8:39 pm
I know u said it’s prob not pinworms , but it prob is . Next time do a pinworm test, it’s for sure possible to have without seeing it

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 29 2023, 12:20 pm
amother Sunflower wrote:
I know u said it’s prob not pinworms , but it prob is . Next time do a pinworm test, it’s for sure possible to have without seeing it

what is a pinworm test?

amother
Camellia

Post Tue, Aug 29 2023, 12:27 pm
amother OP wrote:
one boy one girl.

It's not strep throat.
https://myhealth.alberta.ca/He.....s1619

amother
Jetblack

Post Tue, Aug 29 2023, 12:30 pm
One of my kids would get a rash that sounds like what you are describing after eating citrus

octopus

Post Tue, Aug 29 2023, 12:33 pm
If it's red and bumpy/pimples it's most likely yeast. You can apply lotrimin (or the no name brand clotramizole). If it's skin irritation you can play a&d or desitin. Just like you would a diaper rash. Bathe every day.

amother
Sunflower

Post Tue, Aug 29 2023, 2:15 pm
amother OP wrote:
what is a pinworm test?

It’s called a tape test . Ask the dr for it next time u go so u have it in the house when u need it.

amother
DarkGreen

Post Tue, Aug 29 2023, 3:21 pm
amother Sunflower wrote:
It’s called a tape test . Ask the dr for it next time u go so u have it in the house when u need it.

Could also be called a paddle test.

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Aug 29 2023, 4:35 pm
shower dont bathe

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 29 2023, 4:45 pm
ok, I'll inquire about the test. ty. I used to be sure its pinworms but after never finding one I figured it's something else.

I wish my kids agreed to shower. they like baths but maybe I can convince them now. how does showering help if you're bottom get's less clean?

there's no bumps or marks it's just pink and feels irritated to them. doesnt look like anything.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children