Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
What to keep in mud room cubbies?

bargainlover

Post Tue, Aug 29 2023, 1:46 pm
Should I keep both the kids winter and spring jackets? If not then where to store the one not being used?

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Aug 29 2023, 1:48 pm
All outwear, boots, backpacks, umbrellas, snowpants. Bins with hats, scarves, gloves, rain bonnet, reflectors.

zaq

Post Tue, Aug 29 2023, 2:47 pm
What Lemon said but only stuff for current season. Don't clutter the place up with their out of season items--they go wherever you store the rest of their out of season garb.

amother
Charcoal

Post Tue, Aug 29 2023, 3:18 pm
zaq wrote:
What Lemon said but only stuff for current season. Don't clutter the place up with their out of season items--they go wherever you store the rest of their out of season garb.

I'd say that depends on your mudroom. If you have space on top of your hanging cubby and one shelf, a bin with out of season things is great. And boots that will still fit the next season can go in back on the bottom. Some people find it helpful to keep all the coats hanging- winter on the left, raincoat on the right, etc. It depends the person.

amother
Latte

Post Tue, Aug 29 2023, 3:32 pm
I don’t keep the ones that are currently not in use. The kids tend to knock them down and make a mess. I have them hanging in a closet that has extra room.

The rain jackets stay year round because those get used year round.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics