Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Desserts
Pareve Ice Cream W/O Raw Eggs
1  2  3  Next

misteray

Post Fri, Jul 18 2008, 12:21 pm
There is no rush, but I'd like to know if anyone knows of any good recipe for Pareve Ice Cream that does not require raw eggs.
Thanks!

micki

Post Fri, Jul 18 2008, 12:30 pm
yes! I just made ana amzing one

1 container marshmellow fluff,
1 cup strong coffee

melt the fluff in a pot into the coffee
cool COMPLETLY
then whip up a whipped dessert, 8 oz, and miz the 2.
freeze
toast almonds
serve with a drizzle of choc syrup and toasted almonds on top

Lani22

Post Fri, Jul 18 2008, 12:35 pm
melt a bag of choco chips , bag of mini marshmallows, 2 tbsps margerine and 1/4 cup boiling water in a saucepan till mixture is smooth ( stir mixture on a LOW flame till all melted together). While choco mixture is cooling whip 3 rich's whips. Fold the choco mixture with the whipped rich's whip and freeze.

misteray

Post Fri, Jul 18 2008, 12:38 pm
Thanks for the ideas. Now can I be a little more picky? Rolling Eyes
Is there such a thing as a healthy or low-calorie recipe?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Fri, Jul 18 2008, 1:07 pm
Maybe you'd do better with a sorbet...

gryp

Post Fri, Jul 18 2008, 7:00 pm
I have a healthy ice cream recipe but I've never tried it. I can look it up after Shabbos IYH, if you're interested.

misteray

Post Sun, Jul 20 2008, 2:33 pm
GR, yes please, if you don't mind.
ty

MommyLuv

Post Sun, Jul 20 2008, 3:05 pm
You can use coconut milk instead of non-dairy creamer or whipped topping. It's much healthier, but it will impart a coconut taste to the dessert.

Toot

Post Sun, Jul 20 2008, 3:26 pm
Mommyluv, that would be delicious! Coconut milk whips up like whip topping (or cream)? How exactly would that work? I really want to try this!!

MommyLuv

Post Sun, Jul 20 2008, 3:29 pm
No, sorry for getting your hopes up. It doesnt whip up, but it has a creamy consistency and makes a yummy ice cream if you keep mixing the finished product once an hour as it freezes.

Toot

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 10:51 pm
That's ok, don't worry. Do you have a recipe that uses coconut milk? Or just substitute it for the whip topping, freeze, and whip while freezing?

mumoo

Post Tue, Jul 29 2008, 12:14 am
I don't make the pareve ice cream because of the raw eggs, so I can't help with a recipe.
But if you have a recipe you like except for the raw eggs part, here I can help.
My children love raw cookie dough. I use liquid-pasteurized eggs. Maybe that can work in ice cream as well

HooRYou

Post Tue, Jul 29 2008, 1:57 am
If you are looking for both healthy and without raaw eggs my suggesstion is that you experiment with a frozen cooked custard. I have been trying it and the chocolate is pretty good, but the flavor on the vanilla is a little off. My chocolate recipe contains soy milk, sugar, cocoa, and eggs all cokoed down together and then frozen. You can also add other things like oil or margarine if you want.

Monique

Post Tue, Jul 29 2008, 6:40 am
beat up 1 rich whip, add about a half cup of defrosted fruit juice concentrate- peach/mango/orange...
beat again and freeze,
I usually use peach and serve it with fresh peach slices- this is really easy and really good!
I've also done this with the sugar free whips and it comes out great!

shlishka

Post Thu, Sep 17 2009, 4:05 pm
Anyone have one for vanilla? I'd like to serve it on Yom Tov with honey cake.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Sep 17 2009, 6:36 pm
You can try whip plus (instant) pudding mix.

You can also try Davidson eggs if they're available. Sold by the dozen, pastuerized in the shell.
Another egg sub idea is Wilton powdered egg white, reconstituted which whips well plus some liquid egg substitute for a bit more fat.
last idea - a recipe in an old Betty Crocker:

Combine 3 beaten egg yolks, 1 cup milk sub, half a cup sugar. Stir constantly till it gets warm and bubbles. Let cool to room temp. Add a tsp. vanilla. Freeze an hour or so till slushy.
Whip 2 cups of whip. Beat the slushy mixture. Combine.

Really great, almost milchig.

shlishka

Post Thu, Sep 17 2009, 9:22 pm
I ended up doing a 16 oz whip, one instant vanilla pudding, and a cup of soy milk. Tastes good. We'll see how it freezes.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Sep 17 2009, 10:48 pm
micki wrote:
yes! I just made ana amzing one

1 container marshmellow fluff,
1 cup strong coffee

melt the fluff in a pot into the coffee
cool COMPLETLY
then whip up a whipped dessert, 8 oz, and miz the 2.
freeze
toast almonds
serve with a drizzle of choc syrup and toasted almonds on top

I'd love to try this next week! What size marshmellow container fluff do you use?
I assume I can just use the pre-whipped topping from Smackin Good, so that I don't have to take out my mixer? (Please say yes!)

micki

Post Fri, Sep 18 2009, 12:22 am
I think its 16 oz or so.
I can't see why you can't use the ready whipped stuff- I never have, but I'm sure it'll be the same.
good luck!

Merrymom

Post Thu, Nov 05 2009, 5:20 pm
I know this thread is old but if anyone is interested still this is my foolproof method. Beat two containers of Rich's whip topping with 1 pkg. instant vanilla pudding. Sometimes I dip tea biscuits into some of the unwhipped topping and use that as a cake base and sometimes I make a layer of chocolate too with melted margarine, chocolate, eggs (mixed into the hot chocolate), sugar, vanilla. I like to sprinkle the top with some crushed chocolate Oreos (parve ones).
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics