Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Desserts
Pareve Ice Cream W/O Raw Eggs
Previous  1  2  3  Next

drumjj

Post Fri, Nov 06 2009, 3:24 am
Merrymom wrote:
I know this thread is old but if anyone is interested still this is my foolproof method. Beat two containers of Rich's whip topping with 1 pkg. instant vanilla pudding. Sometimes I dip tea biscuits into some of the unwhipped topping and use that as a cake base and sometimes I make a layer of chocolate too with melted margarine, chocolate, eggs (mixed into the hot chocolate), sugar, vanilla. I like to sprinkle the top with some crushed chocolate Oreos (parve ones).

do u make up the vanilla pudding or just use it straight from the box?

grin

Post Fri, Nov 06 2009, 3:29 am
do you really think that Rich's whip and instant pudding, etc. are healthier than raw eggs?

mandksima

Post Fri, Nov 06 2009, 5:14 am
grin wrote:
do you really think that Rich's whip and instant pudding, etc. are healthier than raw eggs?

Are you asking if samonella poisoning is not as bad as artificial ingredients and food grade chemicals? The latter is unhealthy of course but not immediately harmful like a good poisoning could be.

I haven't found any good recipes so I tend to make sorbets with fresh fruits. Yum.

grin

Post Fri, Nov 06 2009, 5:39 am
doesn't salmonella poisoning have to do also with the eggs not being fresh? how prevalent is it? people have used raw eggs in eggnog and ice cream for years and I think we would have to hear about a lot more cases if it really was that big of a problem.

drumjj

Post Fri, Nov 06 2009, 6:06 am
I think its a personal preference I on principal will not use raw eggs bc of salmonella and therefore would prefer to use richs whip. im not not using eggs bc im a health freak but because I dont want my kids to get sick

chavs

Post Fri, Nov 06 2009, 9:54 am
micki wrote:
yes! I just made ana amzing one

1 container marshmellow fluff,
1 cup strong coffee

melt the fluff in a pot into the coffee
cool COMPLETLY
then whip up a whipped dessert, 8 oz, and miz the 2.
freeze
toast almonds
serve with a drizzle of choc syrup and toasted almonds on top

I just wanted to clarify which ingredients you use. Doy ou use only marshmellow fluff and coffee or do you use parve whip as well, and if yes how big and do you whip that one to?

sky

Post Fri, Nov 06 2009, 11:44 am
Pareve ice cream from the spice and spirit. Its not very creamy, but it has a good taste.

combine 1 cup soy milk, 1/4 cup honey or sugar, 2 tsp vanilla extract, 4 tsps cocoa or carob powder in the blender. Blend at high speed. Slowly dripple in oil . Coninue adding oil until the mixture thickens and no more oil can be added (about 1 cup oil). Turn blender off.

If drops of oil remain on the top then turn blender on and off quickly to mix in. Cover and freeze.

Merrymom

Post Fri, Nov 06 2009, 12:10 pm
drumjj wrote:
Merrymom wrote:
I know this thread is old but if anyone is interested still this is my foolproof method. Beat two containers of Rich's whip topping with 1 pkg. instant vanilla pudding. Sometimes I dip tea biscuits into some of the unwhipped topping and use that as a cake base and sometimes I make a layer of chocolate too with melted margarine, chocolate, eggs (mixed into the hot chocolate), sugar, vanilla. I like to sprinkle the top with some crushed chocolate Oreos (parve ones).

do u make up the vanilla pudding or just use it straight from the box?

Straight from the box.

Merrymom

Post Fri, Nov 06 2009, 12:13 pm
drumjj wrote:
I think its a personal preference I on principal will not use raw eggs bc of salmonella and therefore would prefer to use richs whip. im not not using eggs bc im a health freak but because I dont want my kids to get sick

I use raw eggs all the time as do my kids. I don't leave my eggs out when I go shopping. They stay cold and I have never ever had a problem. If your worried be makpid in the summer months. I have yet to meet someone who got salmonella poisoning at home. If it happens it's usually in a restaurant where they're too cheap to throw out old food.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Nov 06 2009, 3:05 pm
FYI, eggs get contaminated through their shells.
When using eggs raw, I was taught to wash the whole raw eggs with soap and water. Then dry. And crack open eggs.

Sky, that recipe looks really interesting. Thanks for posting! I look forward to trying it.

sky

Post Thu, May 06 2010, 3:28 pm
this recipe is really good:
1 1/2 cup Whip (dessert topping)
1 can sweet pitted cherries (drained and chopped)
1 T cherry liquer or the cherry juice from the can
1 pkg cherry jello

place cherries in a small pot. Pour over liquor or juice. Sprinkle on jello. Stir mixture over med heat for 3 minutes or until warm. jello should completely dissolve but not jell. Put in the freezer to cool.

Whip the whip and fold in the cherry mixture.

My simple recipe is to just fold in choc chips or a chopped choc bar, pour in to 9inch round pan and freeze and serve in wedges.

The original recipe for the crust was:

8 oz semisweet chocolate
1/2 c. whip (dessert topping)
1 1/2 T cherry liquer or the cherry juice from the can

stir over medium heat until melted and smooth. Pour into graham cracker crust and cool. Pour in cherry mixture and freeze.

But I didn't feel that part was worth the extra work. I'd rather the chocolate mixed into the ice cream.

sa613

Post Sun, May 09 2010, 4:10 am
Lani22 wrote:
melt a bag of choco chips , bag of mini marshmallows, 2 tbsps margerine and 1/4 cup boiling water in a saucepan till mixture is smooth ( stir mixture on a LOW flame till all melted together). While choco mixture is cooling whip 3 rich's whips. Fold the choco mixture with the whipped rich's whip and freeze.

I know this posting is old but since someone re-opened the thread... Can the melting for this recipe be done in a microwave instead of one the stove and if so how?

CeeWhyGee

Post Thu, May 20 2010, 2:54 pm
I know this thread hasn't been open in a while, but does anyone know if I can make the Rich's whip+pudding mix recipe with chocolate pudding?

TzenaRena

Post Fri, Jun 04 2010, 6:28 pm
I'm also wondering if the not instant vanilla pudding can be used in an ice cream recipe, and how.

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Jun 04 2010, 6:56 pm
I don't see why not.

freidasima

Post Sat, Jun 05 2010, 4:08 pm
Any way to make pareve ice cream without rich, without whip, without raw eggs and without oil or margarine (fat free?)

SavtaHelen

Post Sat, Jun 05 2010, 4:40 pm
I use equal amounts of Rich Whip and Coffee Rich (usually the large size of each) with one instant vailla pudding. Whip it up good and freeze/ You can add different fruits and/or flavors, or chocolate syrup or nuts,etc.

Ribbie Danzinger

Post Sat, Jun 05 2010, 4:43 pm
Friedasima: ice cubes? That way, you leave out the sugar too! Very Happy

mimivan

Post Sat, Jun 05 2010, 5:16 pm
Hey! A Ribbie Danzinger sighting! Only get a few of those a year!

:-)

Shavua tov

Ribbie Danzinger

Post Sat, Jun 05 2010, 5:28 pm
Wink
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics