Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Govt filling up food stamps cards Covid
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 2:24 pm
We have food stamps cards for our kids from Covid. We don’t have monthly stamps so I Don’t check.
Someone mentioned on a thread that it was recently refilled. How do people know that?
Also if one of my kids is starting nursery this week is she eligible now too?

exhausted

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 2:26 pm
They were recently refilled. Call the number on the back of the card to get the balance.

amother
Outerspace

exhausted wrote:
They were recently refilled. Call the number on the back of the card to get the balance.

Everyone's? I checked last week, zero balance. I'll check again.

amother
OP

exhausted wrote:
my question is how do people know that? Is it because they get monthly stamps so are checking monthly and notice the influx?

Highstrung

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 2:27 pm
I was told it’s school specific. Not everyone will be getting and only certain ages .

amother
Outerspace

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 2:29 pm
Highstrung wrote:
I was told it’s school specific. Not everyone will be getting and only certain ages .

I also think it's something the school has to take care of.

amother
Heather

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 2:31 pm
amother OP wrote:
my question is how do people know that? Is it because they get monthly stamps so are checking monthly and notice the influx?

No it’s separate cards from regular fs and kids who weren’t in school at the start of covid don’t get any. My 8 year old gets it when they refill. my 5 year old doesn’t.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 2:32 pm
There was another time it was refilled and I only found out about it from here! Thank you am other!

amother
Brown

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 2:32 pm
We have kids who go to school in NY state whi got theirs filled. Other kids in another state did not

amother
Banana

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 2:33 pm
I got for my baby and toddler who were born after Covid….

amother
Pistachio

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 2:33 pm
We never qualified for food stamps or lunch program bh, we are a small family and fairly high earners, but since covid at the end of the school year we get an ebt card for each of my children. I always toss them because I assume there's nothing on there. Should I be checking?? Is there a chance there's something there? We're in NJ.

amother
Banana

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 2:34 pm
I thought to check because for one new card (for above mentioned baby) was mailed so I called the other cards and they had funds added. Very helpful in stocking up house for school and Yom Tov. This is NY.

Highstrung

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 2:35 pm
I checked and my kids cards that received PEBT one time during Covid have zero balances . My kids are in different schools. None of them got.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 2:36 pm
amother Pistachio wrote:
We never qualified for food stamps or lunch program bh, we are a small family and fairly high earners, but since covid at the end of the school year we get an ebt card for each of my children. I always toss them because I assume there's nothing on there. Should I be checking?? Is there a chance there's something there? We're in NJ.
didn’t you get during Covid? The ebt cards have a balance

Highstrung

amother Banana wrote:

Do you have Medicaid or Food Stamps?

amother
OP

amother Banana wrote:
do you have regular food stamps? If not what card is the balance on?

exhausted

That's exactly how I found out. Almost there out my son's that was used up and then I got one in the mail for my daughter. For fun I called the number and there was 391 on it so I put in my son's info and it was refilled. I think a lot of people are throwing them out because they don't know what they are.

amother
Pistachio

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 2:37 pm
amother OP wrote:
didn’t you get during Covid? The ebt cards have a balance
We got food boxes but no food stamps that we know of. We never applied or anything.
Is there a way to check a balance if I no longer have the physical cards?

Highstrung

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 2:39 pm
This is what I saw on a WhatsApp chat:

How to get new card if you lost it: Call 888 328 6399. Press 1 for English. Then don't enter your card number. Wait. Then 2 to enter using personal information. When asked for social press: 999 99 06 30- or whatever the month and day of your child's dob is. But first enter 999 99 MMDD. Then enter full dob. Then old pin. Then listen to Snap balance. If you have money request new card. First they'll make you void your old card. Do that and press option to get a new card in mail. Do this phone call for every school aged child.

amother
Fern

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 2:39 pm
I just checked my son's...I only got for one kid as my other schools didn't do it....there was $391. I'm shocked.

I don't qualify for any programs.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics