Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Ruby Franke

Mrs Family

Post Thu, Aug 31 2023, 8:06 pm
Anyone following this?
I’ve been following the extended Griffiths family on YouTube for years. A large Mormon family who all have YouTube channels, doing family vlogs for many years. An upstanding family, very clean content, good values…
The oldest daughter, Ruby, was just arrested on charges of child abuse!!

gigglemom

Post Thu, Aug 31 2023, 8:16 pm
the 8 passengers channel was NOT clean. it was full of harmful rhetoric and child abuse and neglect, and im so so so happy the kids are finally safe and ruby is where she belongs.

Mrs Family

Post Thu, Aug 31 2023, 8:25 pm
Sorry, I wasn’t clear… I know 8passengers aka Ruby has been very problematic in the past few years.

The extended family though, her parents and siblings (Griffiths, Deru, Hoellein, Mecham) are upstanding Mormons with family vlogs with clean content. It’s so sad that they have to deal with this very public, ugly matter, of a daughter/sister who went off the deep end

lovingmommy3417

Post Thu, Aug 31 2023, 10:07 pm
Ruby has been abusing her children for YEARS. I am so happy she is finally being held accountable.

rainbow dash

Post Thu, Aug 31 2023, 11:13 pm
I watched the dad challenge podcast lives he made. So sad. I felt sick and am crying from learning what they did.

jerusalem90

Post Fri, Sep 01 2023, 2:18 am
What did she do that was abusive? (I've never heard of her before, just wondeting what abusive someone would have publicly posted themself)

LovesHashem

Post Fri, Sep 01 2023, 3:14 am
jerusalem90 wrote:
What did she do that was abusive? (I've never heard of her before, just wondeting what abusive someone would have publicly posted themself)

It's rare that a family blogging family isn't abusive or neglectful. They get veiws based on their kids, so lines get easily blurred if you are doing something, making you're kid do something etc because it's the best thing for your kid or the video will get lots of veiws?

Some of these parents only have kids for money. It's not different than a foster family adopting kids just to make money of of them. They can easily get mistreated and abused in order to go the to comply with making content

jerusalem90

Post Fri, Sep 01 2023, 3:52 am
LovesHashem wrote:
It's rare that a family blogging family isn't abusive or neglectful. They get veiws based on their kids, so lines get easily blurred if you are doing something, making you're kid do something etc because it's the best thing for your kid or the video will get lots of veiws?

Some of these parents only have kids for money. It's not different than a foster family adopting kids just to make money of of them. They can easily get mistreated and abused in order to go the to comply with making content

There's a lot of dumb fakery that isn't good parenting, but I still wouldn't call it abuse (and neither would the police). On the other hand, in the US there is a lot of what I'd call abuse (hitting), that is actually legal and would never get someone arrested.

What did this particular woman do that got her arrested?

hodeez

Post Fri, Sep 01 2023, 4:07 am
Is she the one who took away her son's bed for a year or something as punishment?

LovesHashem

Post Fri, Sep 01 2023, 4:27 am
jerusalem90 wrote:
There's a lot of dumb fakery that isn't good parenting, but I still wouldn't call it abuse (and neither would the police). On the other hand, in the US there is a lot of what I'd call abuse (hitting), that is actually legal and would never get someone arrested.

What did this particular woman do that got her arrested?

Most of these people are beyond fakery. What happens when kids don't want to be on videos anymore? Or want to make their own decisions or not say certain things? Or lie? Or act? They are forced to.

lovingmommy3417

Post Fri, Sep 01 2023, 4:41 am
hodeez wrote:
Is she the one who took away her son's bed for a year or something as punishment?

Yup. Made him sleep on a beanbag chair and took off the bathroom door.
When her 5 year old forgot to pack her lunch and the school called to have her bring food, she told them she wouldn't bec her 5 year old is supposed to pack her own lunch and she should learn her lesson.
She made 2 of her kids get no xmas presents and watch their siblimgs opening their gifts. And proud of all this. Said she was an example of good parenting.

This is why she was arrested. It is horrifying. Those poor kids.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/w.....y.amp

gr82no

Post Fri, Sep 01 2023, 4:50 am
I searched a bit after you posted and I saw a report that the 12 year old son climbed out the eindow to the neighbor. He was extremely malnourished and had dict tape around his hands and feet

justforfun87

Post Fri, Sep 01 2023, 5:29 am
gr82no wrote:
I searched a bit after you posted and I saw a report that the 12 year old son climbed out the eindow to the neighbor. He was extremely malnourished and had dict tape around his hands and feet

I don't know this family but I read up on it and I believe it was actually her friend's child who is being abused and climbed out the window. She was arrested because she was in the house filming content 3 days prior and had knowledge of the kids being malnourished.

rainbow dash

Post Fri, Sep 01 2023, 5:39 am
justforfun87 wrote:
I don't know this family but I read up on it and I believe it was actually her friend's child who is being abused and climbed out the window. She was arrested because she was in the house filming content 3 days prior and had knowledge of the kids being malnourished.

Ruby and jodi got arrested. Ruby is the child's mother, they were staying by jodi, her business partner. Jodis kids are older. When the police searched the house they found 1 more kid also starved and ducted taped. There was 2 other kids there. All of them from Ruby.

Ruby and her husband Kevin are divorced or separated.

justforfun87

Post Fri, Sep 01 2023, 5:40 am
rainbow dash wrote:
Ruby and jodi got arrested. Ruby is the child's mother, they were staying by jodi, her business partner. Jodis kids are older. When the police searched the house they found 1 more kid also starved and ducted taped. There was 2 other kids there. All of them from Ruby.

Ruby and her husband Kevin are divorced or separated.

Ahhh, ok. I was confused cause family members of Ruby came out speaking against her but it seemed as if it wasn't her house. This explains it.

rainbow dash

Post Fri, Sep 01 2023, 5:42 am
There are lots of YouTube commentary channels talking about it.

watergirl

Post Fri, Sep 01 2023, 5:48 am
I also hold the powers that be (whomever they are) responsible for not restricting adults from using their minor children as content. This is a gray area in regards to lawmaking and children’s rights in labor laws. Minors in social media and family vlogs are not part of SAAG, as such, do you know that there are no laws restricting these kids to a set amount of time on screen per day or anything protecting their right to payment for their work airtime. The Duggar kids are slowly starting to speak out that they never received a dime, I think we are going to start seeing more of this from other kids who grew up in the public eye this way.

Kids are speaking out publicly now that they’re older about their resentment for being constantly filmed and posted.

Everybody needs to stop consuming content with creators using their children as content, and this goes for frum IGers as well. Kids are not content. There is one women in particular who shows her kids often, and vents about how hard her day was with them, how badly they behaved, etc. I wish people would stop giving these people views.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics