Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
How to avoid vaccinating my baby until school
  1  2  3  11  12  13  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 03 2023, 11:11 am
I’m not anti vax. I just prefer to wait until it’s time for school and it’s mandated. Problem is there are no drs in my area that allow this. Any idea how to get around this? I still want a dr for sick visits etc. I live in far rockaway is anyone is wondering but I feel like this is prob an issue with most pediatricians

giftedmom

Post Sun, Sep 03 2023, 11:12 am
What do you mean by they don’t allow it?

amother
Eggplant

Post Sun, Sep 03 2023, 11:13 am
Bh I did this with all my kids and Dr didn't make issues. Call around doctors and medical centers in your neighborhood till you find one that would vaccinate on this schedule.

Last edited by amother on Sun, Sep 03 2023, 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
NeonBlue

Post Sun, Sep 03 2023, 11:13 am
I personally don’t know any practices that allow non vaccinated patients

You could try just using urgent cares for sick visits. But I don’t really recommend not having a pediatrician

amother
Eggplant

Post Sun, Sep 03 2023, 11:15 am
giftedmom wrote:

Many doctors won't accept you as a patient if you don't vaccinate on schedule. They won't allow you to come for a sick visit if the kid is not up to date with vaccines.

giftedmom

Post Sun, Sep 03 2023, 11:15 am
amother NeonBlue wrote:
I personally don’t know any practices that allow non vaccinated patients

You could try just using urgent cares for sick visits. But I don’t really recommend not having a pediatrician

I don’t know any practices that don’t. It’s a non-issue. Not even a conversation.

giftedmom

Post Sun, Sep 03 2023, 11:16 am
amother Eggplant wrote:
Many doctors won't accept you as a patient if you don't vaccinate on schedule. They won't allow you to come for a sick visit if the kid is not up to date with vaccines.

Interesting. I guess if you drive and this is important to you then just go somewhere where it’s not a problem.

amother
NeonBlue

Post Sun, Sep 03 2023, 11:16 am
giftedmom wrote:

Most practices follow a certain vaccine schedule and do not take patients who do not follow that schedule. They might give a little leeway or have certain vaccines that are optional but most are a requirement to be a patient

amother
Birch

Post Sun, Sep 03 2023, 11:17 am
Why do you think you know better than almost all pediatricians?

When you go to medical school, do a residency in pediatrics and then have years of experience which includes keeping in on latest research, your medical theories might have some validity.

In what basis of scientific and medical knowledge do you feel you are equipped to understand research and override every pediatrician in your area.

small bean

Post Sun, Sep 03 2023, 11:18 am
You never say that you will not vaccinate. You just say I'm not vaccinating at this visit.

amother
Tulip

Post Sun, Sep 03 2023, 11:19 am
Tell us where you live so we can help you.

I live in Monsey and have no issue with my pediatrician.

giftedmom

If anyone wants to travel a bit, the practice I use in Brooklyn never even brings it up. If I want a vaccine I ask for it.

amother
Diamond

There's someone online who has a list of vaccine-friendly pediatricians in every state. You have to sign up to get the list. I think she's called GreenMom or something. That's how we found my pediatrician.

Last edited by amother on Sun, Sep 03 2023, 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Tulip

Post Sun, Sep 03 2023, 11:20 am
small bean wrote:
You never say that you will not vaccinate. You just say I'm not vaccinating at this visit.

This is very important advice

amother
OP

amother Birch wrote:

When you go to medical school, do a residency in pediatrics and then have years of experience which includes keeping in on latest research, your medical theories might have some validity.

In what basis of scientific and medical knowledge do you feel you are equipped to understand research and override every pediatrician in your area.

Kindly leave this SAFE HAVEN

ftm1234

amother Birch wrote:

Op didn't ask for your opinion. She's not even anti vax- she just wants to do delay it.

My mother delayed all our kids shots until they were 2-3 years old and she never had any problems finding doctors to see her kids. Most don't make an issue out of it.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 03 2023, 11:21 am
amother Tulip wrote:
Tell us where you live so we can help you.

I live in Monsey and have no issue with my pediatrician.

Far rockaway.

amother
Eggplant

Post Sun, Sep 03 2023, 11:21 am
amother Birch wrote:

Pediatricians are out to make money. So they follow whatever protocol will bring them the most money.
It is very important for parents to be well informed instead of following blindly.

amother
Eggplant

Post Sun, Sep 03 2023, 11:23 am
amother Tulip wrote:
This is very important advice

This doesn't work for doctors that won't see a sick child if they're not up to date with vaccines.

amother
Pearl

Post Sun, Sep 03 2023, 11:25 am
Also in monsey. Never had an issue I only vaccinate when starting school. I just tell them not giving anything now.
Page 1 of 13   1  2  3  11  12  13  Next Recent Topics