Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
How to avoid vaccinating my baby until school
  Previous  1  2  3  4 11  12  13  Next

amother
Silver

Post Sun, Sep 03 2023, 2:14 pm
amother Hotpink wrote:
If the quality of care suffers because a parent refuses an injection then how good is your care to begin with

Quality of care suffers when you aren't honest with your provider and you don't trust them. If you don't plan on vaccination or you want a delayed schedule, the best thing to do is tell the truth.

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Sep 03 2023, 3:55 pm
amother Silver wrote:
Quality of care suffers when you aren't honest with your provider and you don't trust them. If you don't plan on vaccination or you want a delayed schedule, the best thing to do is tell the truth.

Except then your choice becomes do whatever we tell you to or have no care.

Patients don’t get kicked out for giving their kids junk food, for not putting them in proper infant seats, for sending them to overcrowded daycare where they get sick very frequently.

But for not vaccinating, they should be deprived of all health care. Right?

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Sep 03 2023, 4:00 pm
amother Oak wrote:
Except then your choice becomes do whatever we tell you to or have no care.

Patients don’t get kicked out for giving their kids junk food, for not putting them in proper infant seats, to sending them to overcrowded daycare where they get sick very frequently.

But for not vaccinating, they should be deprived of all health care. Right?

Forget about for not vaccinating at all, even for delaying and spreading out.
My baby is 10 months old, is the size of an average 6 month old, and has some (not terrible) issues. Why in the world would I want to inundate his poor immune system, which is already weak? I’ll give him the vaccines, just let me do it one or two at a time!!! But nope, you can’t even do that….

amother
Hotpink

Post Sun, Sep 03 2023, 4:48 pm
Ema of 5 wrote:
Forget about for not vaccinating at all, even for delaying and spreading out.
My baby is 10 months old, is the size of an average 6 month old, and has some (not terrible) issues. Why in the world would I want to inundate his poor immune system, which is already weak? I’ll give him the vaccines, just let me do it one or two at a time!!! But nope, you can’t even do that….

Vaccines are the only one size fits all medication
Even motrin you give based on weight
And strep medicine they didn't want to give my toddler under 2.
But equal amounts of everything in a shot? Sure no problem give on the calendar regardless of weight or health.

Also there's no way that nurse knows the finances of the doctors office bc the companies themselves have a chart of how and when they award compensation to doctor offices

amother
Eggplant

Post Sun, Sep 03 2023, 4:58 pm
amother Navy wrote:
In NY you do
There's one you don't need to give after 12 months and maybe 2 of the boosters for others you can skip. It's still around a dozen shots you need. Why don't you look up the schedule and catch up schedule for a 5 year old in NY

I live in NY and my kids schools are really not strict about being up to date with vaccines. They just have to see that you vaccinate.

amother
Maple

Post Sun, Sep 03 2023, 5:31 pm
Where can I find the delayed vaccine schedule for NY?

Gave my baby Tdap/dtap at 4 months. She wasn’t herself for a while after. I want to hold off the rest till a year. I only give one at a time as I’ve had kids react to combos.

Supermom#1

Post Sun, Sep 03 2023, 6:29 pm
If you're interested in traveling to Brooklyn, I can recommend a pediatrician

#BestBubby

Post Sun, Sep 03 2023, 10:26 pm
amother Birch wrote:
Why do you think you know better than almost all pediatricians?

When you go to medical school, do a residency in pediatrics and then have years of experience which includes keeping in on latest research, your medical theories might have some validity.

In what basis of scientific and medical knowledge do you feel you are equipped to understand research and override every pediatrician in your area.

When doctors are forced to say a Man can get pregnant,

Or they lose their license,

You cannot trust doctors opinions.

#BestBubby

Post Sun, Sep 03 2023, 10:33 pm
amother Silver wrote:
Ok. I never comment on the pros and cons of vaccines because 1) nobody's mind will change from my internet post 2) this is supposed to be a safe haven, so although I strongly disagree, I don't pipe up here.

Here's the deal. I'm a pediatric nurse practitioner. Pediatricans DO NOT MAKE MONEY OFF VACCINES. Like, at all. They offer them because they care and they believe in the product.

While at my practice we do allow people to vaccinate on an alternative schedule, I don't reccomend it. I do my best to have an open, non-judgemental conversation with parents and let them make an informed decision as to which schedule they prefer. If they don't comply with the bare minimum of vaccines I do ask them kindly to leave the practice since I believe that it places other children at risk.

It's really very frustrating when a parent is not honest about their intentions with vaccines and use the line "I'm not vaccinating at this visit" It causes a breach in trust. People do this all the time thinking they will "get away with it" and the quality of care suffers. Please find a medical professional that you trust and be honest with them, whatever your philosophy may be.

Let me repeat it again: PEDIATRICIANS DO NOT MAKE MONEY OFF VACCINES.

(And in general, pediatrics is a very low-paying field for the amount of work and schooling that goes into it. The vast majority of people do this because we care.)

Yes, insurance companies pay doctors a bonus for every child vaccinated on cdc schedule .

And if 70% of the patients are not on schedule, the doctor loses the entire bonus, which is a lot of $$$.

Here is a source:

Proof surfaces insurance co-pays massive bonuses to doctors for vaccinating babies

https://www.alrightnow.com/pro.....bies/

amother
Geranium

Post Mon, Sep 04 2023, 5:04 am
Why was this thread reported?
Like doctors arent allowed to think for themselves neither can we?
And it's a safe haven... Confused

amother
Geranium

Post Mon, Sep 04 2023, 5:06 am
Did anyone here read the article in the ami about oxytocin and how the pharmaceutical company lied about it and bribed doctors? They made billions in profit and hundreds of thousands died as a result!
Don't think it's not happening today! Unfortunately it is..

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 04 2023, 5:55 am
I’m really frustrated that this isn’t my choice if I want a dr in my area. It’s confusing to me why the dr gets to “let” or “not let” and I’m not even asking to not vaccinate! I just want to delay.

amother
Snowflake

Post Mon, Sep 04 2023, 6:08 am
I don't know much about vaccines. I dont think my pediatrician makes money because he let's me not do some of them. My 12 year old hasn't had hpv yet. He offers it knowing I will say no. I dont believe vaccines for children cause harm for most kids. The fever after is the body responding to it. It's mild and a lot better than having the measles. Most of these vaccines were started when my parents were growing up and they seem fine. All of the schools in far rockaway/5t require your child be vaccinated so good luck with that. I do know people who homeschool.

amother
Lemonlime

Post Mon, Sep 04 2023, 7:30 am
I thought vaccine threads aren’t allowed in safe haven

giftedmom

Post Mon, Sep 04 2023, 7:40 am
amother OP wrote:
I’m really frustrated that this isn’t my choice if I want a dr in my area. It’s confusing to me why the dr gets to “let” or “not let” and I’m not even asking to not vaccinate! I just want to delay.

Just be glad you don’t live in Europe where police will be at your door if you miss a shot

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Sep 04 2023, 7:41 am
amother Snowflake wrote:
I don't know much about vaccines. I dont think my pediatrician makes money because he lets me not do some of them. My 12 year old hasn't had hpv yet. He offers it knowing I will say no. I dont believe vaccines for children cause harm for most kids. The fever after is the body responding to it. It's mild and a lot better than having the measles. Most of these vaccines were started when my parents were growing up and they seem fine. All of the schools in far rockaway/5t require your child be vaccinated so good luck with that. I do know people who homeschool.

HPV is optional, like flu. It’s the required ones that they may or may not get paid for.

fleetwood

Post Mon, Sep 04 2023, 7:43 am
giftedmom wrote:
Just be glad you don’t live in Europe where police will be at your door if you miss a shot

Wow? Where did this happen??

amother
Blush

Post Mon, Sep 04 2023, 7:43 am
giftedmom wrote:

Only polio. The equivalent of the israeli tipat chalav is actually really easy about delaying and spreading out vaccinations. Polio is the only one that has to be given before 18 months old.

amother
Geranium

Post Mon, Sep 04 2023, 7:58 am
giftedmom wrote:
What? My family who live there don't all vaccinate
It's a more normal system there, you can choose
Here in US you're forced

amother
Geranium

Post Mon, Sep 04 2023, 8:00 am
Ema of 5 wrote:
HPV is optional, like flu. It’s the required ones that they may or may not get paid for.

Hpv is often given without parental consent
Page 3 of 13   Previous  1  2  3  4 11  12  13  Next Recent Topics