Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Lace top - sheitel has short hairs all around

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 04 2023, 4:30 pm
I bought a lace top recently and just noticed that the sheitel has short hairs all around. The long hairs are one length like the style, but at the base are short hairs just to cover the head. I didn't notice it when I bought it. Is this common? I'm having weird thoughts like maybe the sheitel macher switched it on me? They were recommended to me. I paid $3300 for it and was told it looks good on me by family.

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Mon, Sep 04 2023, 4:33 pm
Those are the returns of the hair. That’s how lace is sewn. You can ask your Shaitel macher to blow it in a way that’s less noticeable but if you look all lace tops have them.

amother
Maple

Post Mon, Sep 04 2023, 6:15 pm
Just want to second what the posted above said - all lace tops have them they are called returns and that's how the hair is sewn into the lace

Lani8753567

Post Mon, Sep 04 2023, 8:15 pm
To add to this some companies are better than others. Some have all the returns the same or similar length, which makes it very obvious and it's hard to disguise. Other companies have them in different lengths, and it's a lot sleeker. Also the way the wig is styled makes a big difference.
Every lace top wig will have this. Another thing to note, humidity will probably affect these little hairs also.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels