Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
How often do you wash the inside of your refrigerator?
1  2  Next

How often do you wash your inside of fridge?
At least weekly or more  
 13%  [ 13 ]
Twice a month  
 12%  [ 12 ]
Once a month  
 20%  [ 20 ]
About every 2 months  
 12%  [ 12 ]
3-5 times a year  
 12%  [ 12 ]
For pesach  
 25%  [ 25 ]
Other  
 5%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 99

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 08 2023, 11:32 am
I need to do it more often but always push it off. 🙈

amother
Lightgray

Post Fri, Sep 08 2023, 11:34 am
About 3 times a year. I put garbage bags down on each shelf to catch spills and then change the garbage bags when they get dirty. Wiping up spills as you notice them makes it much easier than scrubbing them off

Chayalle

Post Fri, Sep 08 2023, 11:34 am
I find it easy to wipe down the fridge with wipes (I like method wipes). I find myself doing jobs more often if I can do it easily! I just move things over to one side of the shelf, wipe it down top and bottom, move it back, wipe the other side, etc...and do that with all fridge shelves. Drawers I need to empty and wipe. But it gets done quickly, I throw them out, and it doesn't take long.

happy chick

Post Fri, Sep 08 2023, 11:35 am
if you clean up spills, drips and smudges often , you can give it a quick wipe every now and then, say about once a month, and then cleaning is a breeze

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 08 2023, 11:35 am
Chayalle wrote:
I find it easy to wipe down the fridge with wipes (I like method wipes). I find myself doing jobs more often if I can do it easily! I just move things over to one side of the shelf, wipe it down top and bottom, move it back, wipe the other side, etc...and do that with all fridge shelves. Drawers I need to empty and wipe. But it gets done quickly, I throw them out, and it doesn't take long.

Interesting idea. Thanks.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 08 2023, 11:36 am
amother Lightgray wrote:
About 3 times a year. I put garbage bags down on each shelf to catch spills and then change the garbage bags when they get dirty. Wiping up spills as you notice them makes it much easier than scrubbing them off

I would hate the look of garbage bags. Maybe fridge liners.

scintilla

I voted for Pesach but it's usually one more time per year as well, maybe 2. I wipe up spills as they happen but that's the only time I take everything out, wash the shelves, scrub it all down. I wipe the outside more regularly, probably once a month.

hodeez

Notbqs often as I should that's for sure. I wipe spills and messes here and there, but a deep cleaning and organizing I do like 3 times a year

Chayalle

Post Fri, Sep 08 2023, 11:38 am
amother Lightgray wrote:

It doesn't affect the air circulation of your fridge to do that?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 08 2023, 11:39 am
Chayalle wrote:

I googled these wipes. Interesting I’ve never heard of them before. Is it like Clorox wipes?
Any difference in colors or that’s just for different smells?

scintilla

Post Fri, Sep 08 2023, 11:40 am
Chayalle wrote:

I often use Pesach fridge liners throughout the year for the same purpose, it doesn't affect the circulation if you leave space around the shelves (back and sides, I try leave at least an inch each side). I don't like the garbage bag look and these are clear and easy to cut to size.

amother
Lightgray

Post Fri, Sep 08 2023, 11:40 am
Chayalle wrote:

I dont cover the vents on the bottom shelf in the back

ra_mom

Post Fri, Sep 08 2023, 11:42 am
I line each shelf and drawer so that when things spill it's easier to deal with it. The liners aren't always available so I try to stock up around pesach time and when I see them so I have replacements in the closet. This system works much better for me than when I had to do big wash jobs throughout the year. Instead I try to do little clean outs before my weekly order is delivered but it doesn't happen every week.
Before pesach it all gets deep cleaned, and throughout the year I take out a shelf or drawer here and there to deep clean that one piece as needed.

amother
Hawthorn

Post Fri, Sep 08 2023, 12:12 pm
Approx once a year

seeker

Post Fri, Sep 08 2023, 12:19 pm
I wrote other because the answer is "as needed." Sometimes that's more than others. If I'm taking things out of the fridge and I notice things are looking dirty then I make a point to clean it soon.

flowerpower

Post Fri, Sep 08 2023, 12:22 pm
Usually twice a week. Once after shabbos and once before unloaded the weekly grocery order

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Fri, Sep 08 2023, 12:22 pm
I'm a neat freak by imamother standards yet imbachlepshet by Hungarian chassidish standards.

amother
Oldlace

Post Fri, Sep 08 2023, 12:57 pm
Once a week and my mother does it every day!
When she sees my fridge she always cleans it, even though it’s cleaned weekly lol
(Before I get typical imamother comments- we have a wonderful relationship, we have great communication, and we’re both healthy people!!! My mom is just cleaner and more organized than I am- and I happen to be very clean and organized with full time help)

amother
Chambray

Post Fri, Sep 08 2023, 1:00 pm
flowerpower wrote:
Usually twice a week. Once after shabbos and once before unloaded the weekly grocery order

What time are you up until after Shabbos?

lavenderchimes

Post Fri, Sep 08 2023, 1:01 pm
I spot clean when absolutely needed. But a whole clean happens only for Pesach prep!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry