Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Toilet training for #2

amother
OP

Post Sat, Sep 09 2023, 8:23 pm
DD bh trained for pee but is pooping in her panty. Pooped at school every day this week, was very stressful. Sitting on the toilet for a very long time over Shabbos with no luck. Any tips for getting her to have her first poop on the toilet so she isn’t scared of it?

amother
Navyblue

Post Sat, Sep 09 2023, 8:33 pm
Liquid glycerin suppositories saved my sanity! It costs a few dollars and works instantly. Sit your kid on the toilet right after because they can’t control it, it comes right out. Once they see it’s not so bad they get used to doing it. Good luck!

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sat, Sep 09 2023, 8:37 pm
Was gonna also say. Use a suppository and sit them on the toilet immediately after. Will poop right away. You can do this 2-3 days in a row. I use pedialax company. Show my kids the little penguin and tell them that this penguin is our friend… helps us when the poop gets stuck…. And after 2-3 days they see it’s ok to poop on toilet

amother
OP

Post Sat, Sep 09 2023, 8:56 pm
Interesting! Wish I would have known about it before Shabbos! How many poops should I expect out of one dose? Is it perfectly safe?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 12 2023, 7:44 pm
How long could this take? Tried the glycerin, it works but my daughter is terrified of it. Still no luck and school is refusing to allow her back unless she goes to the toilet. Even though I told them to call me and I’ll come change her when she has an accident.

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Oct 15 2023, 9:02 pm
Bump
Im also in need of advice how to train for #2.

I’ve used the suppositories but I want him to initiate on his own. He is terrified of the suppositories.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 15 2023, 9:16 pm
We’re still struggling here 😫
Over a month of trying.

Starting craniosacral therapy to see if it’s fear that’s holding her back and if it is then it’s supposed to help. Davening this works!!!

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Oct 15 2023, 9:38 pm
Can you share tips you have tried in the last month?

amother
Lightgreen

Post Sun, Oct 15 2023, 10:14 pm
My son is trained for pee but for number two he says he needs to make in the diaper and bring me one to put on him
Any idea

amother
DarkGreen

Post Sun, Oct 15 2023, 10:58 pm
Many children are frightened of #2.
Best thing is to let them bit by bit master what’s scaring them.

1. Show them that they make #2 in the diaper and they know how to do that.
2. Show them that they know how to pee in the toilet.
3. Tell them that soon they will learn to poop in the toilet too!
4. The tiniest poop make a big deal out of.
5. If you see they are frightened - show support. Hold child’s hand, say something reassuring, and then reward the child for smallest success.
6. Make no reaction to poop accidents. Just say out loud. “It’s ok. It takes time to learn a new thing. Let’s clean it up.”

And then reward yourself with some chocolate, spa day and a good cry:)

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Oct 23 2023, 10:37 pm
amother OP wrote:
We’re still struggling here 😫
Over a month of trying.

Starting craniosacral therapy to see if it’s fear that’s holding her back and if it is then it’s supposed to help. Davening this works!!!

I would appreciate feedback on craniosac therapy. Did it work?

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 10:21 am
amother Gray wrote:
I would appreciate feedback on craniosac therapy. Did it work?

bump
Did it work?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 11:48 am
Bh it did!! 3 sessions after dc was pooping in the toilet bh.

But then regressed to having number 1 accidents daily and multiple times a day. So we’re still trying to figure that out.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics