Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Do you have a child who takes mineral oil?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 11 2023, 1:24 pm
My daughter is on mineral oil for constipation (yes, under the guidance of a GI, and yes we tried Miralax and other options first). It's the only thing that works for her.

She has weird stuff in her diaper, which the doctor said is normal. It's bright orange, or similar colors.

I plan to toilet train her soon, since her constipation is finally under control. Does anyone know if this is the color of her urine? Or if this is something that comes out when she tries to poop? It seems like there's real urine in her diaper too, but it just feels like this should be something to expect and know about.

Also, does anyone know if this stuff stains? I'm normally not so worried about accidents during toilet training and just try to keep a towel or something under them to catch most of it. But if this will stain a couch, carpet, whatever, what did you do?

I posted something about this a while back, and didn't get any responses. I really hope someone has experience with this and can help me...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics