Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Bas Mitzvah dress

elisecohen

Post Sat, Dec 03 2005, 4:07 pm
Help! My daughter's bas mitzvah is at chanukah and I can't find her a dress! She needs a size 16 (smaller girls' sizes are too small and ladies too long, etc), and I have to be able to really order it on the web (we live OOT and aren't making it to NYC). Any websites that really have some choices?

Thanks, Elise

Tefila

Post Sat, Dec 03 2005, 4:17 pm
Ebay has new stores too, for cheaper! type in clothes, dresses ,special occasion and size. and see what you come up w/h you could always make tznius with a top underneath like I've done Wink

Motek

Post Sun, Dec 04 2005, 5:51 am
what does she wear on Shabbos?

elisecohen

Post Sun, Dec 04 2005, 6:05 am
Nothing that fits well or really looks right(wink). She has a few plain skirts she wears with a clean t shirt or sometimes one or two dresses but she's outgrowing them. She has serious SID so anything scratchy, tight at the waist, stiff, etc, is OUT. She is heartbroken she is outgrowing her Hanna Andersson dresses to wear during the week, because they've been the only clothes she can tolerate unless I make them myself, and I just don't have the time right now.

Why is everything in the kids dept only up to a size 12/14, everything in the juniors dept sleezy and everything in the adult dept just not cut right or not appropriate for a 12 year old?

I did find one dress on ebay, not perfect, but I ordered it so I can at least have it as a back up if we don't find anything else. At least she won't be in a tshirt for her own bas mitzvah.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics