Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Princess Anne still fits into a size 10 dress!
1  2  Next

shosh

Post Mon, Jul 21 2008, 4:54 pm
I just read this on the BBC. I thought it was quite an achievement!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_.....5.stm (Just copy and paste this in your browser, as I couldn't work out how to make this a link!)

I would love to be able to fit into a size 10 (American 12) dress to start with ... But let's just say that if I could still fit into a 14 at the age of 57, I'd be very happy!

And not to mention that I think she's a great example of saving money and not simply buying extravagant clothes because she's a British princess. What do you think?

Last edited by shosh on Mon, Jul 21 2008, 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tamiri

Post Mon, Jul 21 2008, 4:57 pm
Do you think she'd take used clothes, if offered?

bubby

Post Mon, Jul 21 2008, 4:57 pm
It's all those horses she rides!! Come to think of it, she looks like a horse. Anyway, one can afford one's own personal trainer, can't one??

bubby

Post Mon, Jul 21 2008, 4:58 pm
It's all those horses she rides!! Come to think of it, she looks like a horse. Anyway, one can afford one's own personal trainer, can't one??

shosh

Post Mon, Jul 21 2008, 4:58 pm
Dunno. She sounds like the type who would - or she'd give them to a starving tribe in Africa!

ClaRivka

Post Mon, Jul 21 2008, 5:04 pm
I like the fact that the something old happened to be something priceless!

Tamiri

Post Mon, Jul 21 2008, 5:09 pm
The dress was ugly back then, it's still ugly now. It would do better as wallpaper in a bathroom, or as sheets (outdated) for the guest room. I guess when you are princess and have your mother's taste in clothing, it's okay. I learned the word "frump" when it was applied to Queen Elizabeth.

bubby

Post Mon, Jul 21 2008, 5:10 pm
RivkieA...HUH??

bubby

Post Mon, Jul 21 2008, 5:11 pm
If old = priceless, I qualify!! LOL LOL

Tamiri

Post Mon, Jul 21 2008, 5:11 pm
Probably the tiara on the bride is old and priceless.

mali

Post Mon, Jul 21 2008, 5:13 pm
so she wore the same thing twice - big deal!

shosh

Post Tue, Jul 22 2008, 1:56 am
Now, now, girls, I think you're all just jealous because you can't fit into a size 10 dress. (And neither can I - and never could - and I've still got about another 20 years to go!!!)

Tamiri

Post Tue, Jul 22 2008, 4:39 am
I am jealous of the size, not of her (lack of) taste. I am jealous of the fine fabrics. I am jealous she can confidently wear that sheet and get away with it.
There really is something to be learned from "old money". You know, the old cashmere sweaters they wear for decades, the moth-eaten tweeds. Etc.

shosh

Post Tue, Jul 22 2008, 5:03 am
Can't say I'd wear that hideous yellow and white thing either!!! But I wouldn't mind being able to fit into it when I'm 57 (or at all for that matter). By then, I'll probably be as big as a house with a blue rinse (or sheitel, I suppose. Do old chareidi ladies blue rinse their sheitels? I haven't actually noticed. And if not, I'll start a trend ...)

mummy-bh

Post Tue, Jul 22 2008, 5:17 am
I'm with Mali. I really don't see how the queen's daughter wearing the same outfit again is newsworthy. I mean, I do it all the time! (OK maybe not with clothes I wore back in 1981 though).

shosh

Post Tue, Jul 22 2008, 5:20 am
It's not particularly newsworthy, but then it's the summer doldrums, when I guess the BBC has nothing better to report on apart from the odd murder here and there.

But at least it's something to have a laugh about ... I certainly didn't post it to be taken too seriously!

ora_43

Post Tue, Jul 22 2008, 6:52 am
If we're talking impressively skinny British women, I think this one takes the cake.

From the article:
Quote:
Just five days after giving birth to child number 13, daughter Tallulah, the supermum had no problem squeezing into a pair of size six (American size zero) jeans.

(While the weight thing is pretty amazing, I'd actually rather hear how she manages to do laundry, cleaning, and cooking for 13 kids!)

shosh

Post Tue, Jul 22 2008, 6:56 am
Maybe that's how she keeps her weight down!!!

ora_43

Post Tue, Jul 22 2008, 8:55 am
Well, she says she's just not that hungry during pregnancy...halavai I shouldn't be so hungry during pregnancy...

mimivan

Post Tue, Jul 22 2008, 7:11 pm
shosh wrote:
It's not particularly newsworthy, but then it's the summer doldrums, when I guess the BBC has nothing better to report on apart from the odd murder here and there.

But at least it's something to have a laugh about ... I certainly didn't post it to be taken too seriously!

Isn't this what the British call the "silly season"? (I.e. people on vacation..I.e. no regular news)
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics