Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
What to do if you're not so happy with a playgroup...
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 10:38 am
amother Lightblue wrote:
I had a very very similar sobering experience, down to my dc coming home in very full diaper and needing to wait at the door for drop off and pick up
I really really regret not pulling out! It's been a few years, and it's one of my biggest regrets.
Please pull her out, beH you'll find something better!

Was your dc happy to go each day?

I'm just nervous, she's not a very social kid and didn't have a great year last year socially, never really made good friends and wasn't so happy to go each day. Went to a fantastic camp and really blossomed. And she seems happy now! So I'm sort of nervous to rock the boat. She's a kid who gets kind of nervous and generally takes time to adjust, so it seems wrong to yank her out of her environment and make her be the "new kid" at this point, if she's happy.

Why do you regret it so much? Do you feel it did long-term harm to your child?

SuperWify

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 10:57 am
I’d be most concerned that she’s sitting in a wet diaper for 5 hours.

amother
Hawthorn

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 10:58 am
Does she have an assistant?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 11:13 am
SuperWify wrote:
I’d be most concerned that she’s sitting in a wet diaper for 5 hours.

But she's not. Not anymore. She's been coming home dry or only slightly wet every day since I talked to her about it and gave her the gloves. (Which in my mind is better than dry every day, because it means she's not just changing her right before pickup and leaving her for five hours until then.)

No assistant. That was my one hesitation in sending her there. But she does have an adult child working at home who is her backup plan in case of an emergency. And it's not a huge group. Not tiny, but not huge.

amother
Hawthorn

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 11:17 am
No assistant plus the things you are concerned about would make me pull out.

amother
Vanilla

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 11:58 am
amother OP wrote:
But she's not. Not anymore. She's been coming home dry or only slightly wet every day since I talked to her about it and gave her the gloves. (Which in my mind is better than dry every day, because it means she's not just changing her right before pickup and leaving her for five hours until then.)

No assistant. That was my one hesitation in sending her there. But she does have an adult child working at home who is her backup plan in case of an emergency. And it's not a huge group. Not tiny, but not huge.

How many babies are there?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 12:25 pm
amother Vanilla wrote:
How many babies are there?

They are 3ish years old. About ten children.

Busybee5

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 12:33 pm
She has to change your child's wet diaper, that's a given!

amother
Hawthorn

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 12:39 pm
amother OP wrote:
They are 3ish years old. About ten children.

What do you mean "about" ten children? This is not pretzels we're talking about.
If she never lets anyone in, for all you know she can really have double that and you would never know.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 12:43 pm
amother Banana wrote:
Quote:
You don’t need to pay for the rest of the year. Any reason of you being uncomfortable is valid. She can fill the empty slot, im sure

Some places require you pay the whole year unless they fill the slot. I actually had to sign a document in order to register on of my kids.

I understand this if you are leaving mid year for no reason or get a new job in a different city. But you signed on so you get your child taken care of properly. If someone isn't doing that, then how could that signed document be valid? Why would someone be required to pay when their child gets no fresh air and isn't diaper changed? I have a hard time believing these documents could really stand up in a beis din. But what do I know?

Busybee5

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 12:44 pm
amother OP wrote:
Was your dc happy to go each day?

I'm just nervous, she's not a very social kid and didn't have a great year last year socially, never really made good friends and wasn't so happy to go each day. Went to a fantastic camp and really blossomed. And she seems happy now! So I'm sort of nervous to rock the boat. She's a kid who gets kind of nervous and generally takes time to adjust, so it seems wrong to yank her out of her environment and make her be the "new kid" at this point, if she's happy.

Why do you regret it so much? Do you feel it did long-term harm to your child?

I'd keep her there, but insist on the diaper change when wet.. I haven't read the whole thread.. Staying inside is fine imo.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics