Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Is there chewable Advil Tylenol in Israel ?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 9:38 am
Dd is not feeling well in seminary. I forgot to pack the chewable Advil in her suitcase. She doesn’t know how to swallow pills. I guess she can also drink the baby Tylenol maybe.where can can I buy and send it to seminary?

B'Syata D'Shmya

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 9:40 am
Superpharm carries them (although not always ;-) )
https://shop.super-pharm.co.il.....24783

Refuah Shelayma

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 9:49 am
B'Siyata DiShamaya wrote:
Superpharm carries them (although not always ;-) )
https://shop.super-pharm.co.il.....24783

Refuah Shelayma

Thank you. Do they deliver?

B'Syata D'Shmya

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 10:28 am
amother OP wrote:
Thank you. Do they deliver?

Supposedly- check out their website.

MyUsername

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 11:16 am
There is powdered acamol in Israel (acamol os like tyelnol) adult strength and kid strength. Called avkamol, comes in little pre-made packets for the dose.

https://shop.super-pharm.co.il.....35127

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 12:15 pm
MyUsername wrote:
There is powdered acamol in Israel (acamol os like tyelnol) adult strength and kid strength. Called avkamol, comes in little pre-made packets for the dose.

https://shop.super-pharm.co.il.....35127

Thank you

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 5:16 pm
Why do they ask for teudat zehut number when I enter my credit card?

Bnei Berak 10

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 5:19 pm
amother OP wrote:
Why do they ask for teudat zehut number when I enter my credit card?

All israeli sites usually ask for id number in order to cross check and verify credit card payment. It's standard.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 5:38 pm
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
All israeli sites usually ask for id number in order to cross check and verify credit card payment. It's standard.

How do you make an order if you are American

Elfrida

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 5:52 pm
It's the middle of the night in Israel, and no way is this order going to get processed before tomorrow. If they do same day delivery, she might get it some time in the afternoon. If they don't do same day delivery, they may or may not deliver on Friday. And the next working day after that is next Tuesday.

Can't she borrow from any of her friends? Or couldn't one of them go out for her tomorrow?

If none of her friends have the chewable version, she can take a regular tablet and crush it, then mix the powder/fragments with water and take it that way.

amother
Brunette

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 6:24 pm
Maybe this is time to learn to swallow pills?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 8:00 pm
Besides the point how can I order things in Israel online without teudat zehut?

SG18

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 2:42 am
I didn't know how to swallow pills before seminary, I learned on the little red pills- I don't remember if they were Ibuprofen or Acetaminophen. I'm so grateful my mother didn't send me with liquid, it's a skill I wish I had had earlier.
I don't think you can order without teudat zehut, but she can go into any Superpharm and get herself medication.
It seems to me like she needs to be a little more independent.

amother
Snow

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 2:49 am
amother OP wrote:

You can probably just use any 9 digit number. Or your passport number. But many (most?) Israeli websites I've used will not let me pay with my US credit card so that will be an issue regardless. I'm sorry!

amother
Snow

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 2:53 am
If not superpharm, she can probably get at the local private pharmacy too, if there is one that is not exclusively for a kupat cholim. If she is currently sick, she should ask her eim bayit. And try to swallow a pill until she succeeds - it's an important skill for life.

amother
Crocus

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 5:26 am
She can go in person to a normal pharmacy (Superpharm, etc). Ask from the Pharmacy counter--its not out on the shelf, but it is still an "over the counter " purchase-- dont need any identification or kupat holim. Should ask for: Nurofen Chewable. It is the same as Advil, but in a childrens dose. The box shows how to calculate how many to take. It is orange flavor and like gum, but you chew and swallow it up.

amother
Daphne

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 6:12 am
Have her go pick it up herself. Or have her ask one of her dorm mates to do her a favor and pick it up for her.

Iymnok

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 6:16 am
Which neighborhood is her seminary? I’ll give you the address of the nearest pharmacy. They all have options. She could also ask for blank pills to practice swallowing.

juggling

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 6:27 am
amother OP wrote:

Israeli credit cards are always linked to a teudat zehut number, so Israeli credit card processing software asks for the number. If it's an American card it won't matter what number you put in, but you need to put in a number in order to process the payment. As a side point, not all Israeli websites take payment with non-israeli cards, so sometimes there really is no way to pay without an Israeli card.

In any case, if your DD is in seminary there should be a madricha or eim bayit who can help her with this, or even just a friend can help her out and go to the pharmacy during a break. This shouldn't be something you need to do for her.

Iymnok

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 9:10 am
DH just went today to get chewables for DD7. There is no neurofen chewables in the country, and there wasn’t any acamol. Dezamol is only good for fevers and headaches.
We got avcamol.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics