Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
What's equivalent of doona for 2 babies
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 11:43 am
Need stroller that can go in and out of car easily. Light folds small. Has ability to click a carseat in for the newborn baby so it's easy to transfer baby from car to stroller but also has a toddler seat for bigger baby.
Bonus if it also has a bassinet option instead of carseat if I do want to take that rare walk.
Money not an issue ...someone offered to buy. They want to get a bugaboo donkey for me..
Just wondering if its practical for car style living where I use the stroller to go places in car.

amother
Dahlia

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 11:49 am
No. The donkey is not practical for cars, it is great for walking. My sister-in-law, who has twins got two Doonas and a contraption to connect them outside of the car.

mig100

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 11:49 am
You would want a double snap n go. 2 car seats on a fram

https://babytrend.com/products.....ouble

The mockingbird also takes two car seats and can do a basinet. I dont know if it can do 2 bassinets

scintilla

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 11:52 am
There is no direct equivalent unfortunately!! Your best bet is a double that's good for cars and can accommodate a car seat. I don't personally know if one since I don't have a car. 2 doonas clipped together is an option but quite clunky compared to a real stroller, I have done it before but it's hard to do by yourself...

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 11:58 am
Not twins..2 babies.. older one almost 1 and newborn. So the older baby I can transfer from carseat to stroller seat he doesn't need to have a car seat that clicks in. He's old enough to sit in a regular seat and doesn't usually fall asleep in car. But newborn would need to be able to transfer easily car seat clicked into stroller and stroller that's easy to lift in ans out of car.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 12:00 pm
How do people get around with 2 babies in a city that's just car to house and car to store etc ?

amother
Moonstone

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 12:07 pm
I have a donkey and it's a great walking stroller but super annoying in and out of the car. I would get something light like a double city mini with a car seat adapter if you really want baby to stay in the car seat.

tichellady

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 12:08 pm
Honestly I would use a baby carrier and stroller

amother
Molasses

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 12:09 pm
City tour double?

mig100

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 12:12 pm
amother OP wrote:
How do people get around with 2 babies in a city that's just car to house and car to store etc ?

you need a double stroller that has a car seat adaptor. Which car seat do you have?

The doona is not made to go onto another stroller. it has its own wheels and works on its own. you are better off getting a graco or similar car seat and a stroller that has an adaptor

amother
Mayflower

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 12:12 pm
Graco DuoGlider Double Stroller | Lightweight Double Stroller with Tandem Seating, Glacier https://a.co/d/4xTJK5V

Iymnok

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 12:16 pm
What about an uppababy vista?

amother
Moonstone

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 12:17 pm
Iymnok wrote:
What about an uppababy vista?

Terrible car stroller.

motherqueen

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 12:18 pm
I have the uppababy vista v2 can become double and love it

amother
Strawberry

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 12:20 pm
amother OP wrote:

I had the mountain buggy duet. You can get car seat adapters for it.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 12:24 pm
mig100 wrote:
you need a double stroller that has a car seat adaptor. Which car seat do you have?

The doona is not made to go onto another stroller. it has its own wheels and works on its own. you are better off getting a graco or similar car seat and a stroller that has an adaptor

I would get new carseats that work with whatever stroller I get.
Looking for lightest double stroller that folds small. But also can have a carseat click into it.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 12:25 pm
amother Strawberry wrote:
I had the mountain buggy duet. You can get car seat adapters for it.

I heard mountain buggys are heavy.

amother
Blueberry

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 12:31 pm
Everyone with twins seems to have 2 doonas now. If you have irish twins, not sure what the best option would be.

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 12:31 pm
I had 2 doonas for a while but I never went anywhere alone until the older one got a bit older TMI embarrassed

scintilla

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 12:36 pm
amother OP wrote:
I heard mountain buggys are heavy.

They are heavier than other ones mentioned here, but a few pounds lighter than the donkey. They don't fold very compact but they have an excellent push and are nice and narrow for navigating aisles etc.

Do you have a store near you where you can check out a few options? Doubles can vary widely in how easy they are to fold, lift, push etc. Personally I prefer one that's a little heavier but has a better push, but it really depends on your priorities.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics