Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Too young for ear piercing?
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 1:55 am
I want to get earrings for dd who is 2 weeks old. Is she too young?
I will be doing it sooner rather than later, but wondering if I should wait until she is a few months old.

amother
Arcticblue

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 1:57 am
I personally wait with my daughters, but many many people do it even earlier than 2 weeks.

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 1:58 am
I’m the wrong person since my daughter is almost 9 with unpierced ears but I know people get it done in the kimp homes so 2 weeks is it too young

amother
Slategray

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 1:59 am
Did it at a week old not even

amother
Slategray

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 2:05 am
If you have to go out for it id say wait.
Your dd wont get hurt if she wont get earrings right away and you can recuperate first.

amother
Snow

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 2:16 am
Dd got her first pair of earrings when she was about 5 days old.

DrMom

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 2:17 am
I would wait until my daughter can take care of her ears before piercing them.

Besides, babies look simply beautiful without jewelry.

Ceeem

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 2:36 am
Our pediatrician officially recommended waiting till after the tetanus shots to get ears pierced- so about 6 months.

amother
Nemesia

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 2:40 am
In EY any reputable place won't do it before 3 months. I think the point about getting a tetanus first is a very valid one

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 2:46 am
DrMom wrote:
I would wait until my daughter can take care of her ears before piercing them.

Besides, babies look simply beautiful without jewelry.

This. Also, isn't it fair to wait until she actually asks for it?

amother
Blue

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 2:47 am
I did it at a sterile place at a week old. Dr Ear Piercing in Hackensack. He was great, certified piercer, and so gentle. My daughter didn't make a sound.

amother
Buttercup

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 7:35 am
I wait a few months.

Highstrung

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 7:39 am
Ceeem wrote:
Our pediatrician officially recommended waiting till after the tetanus shots to get ears pierced- so about 6 months.

My pediatrician said to wait until about 4 months , something to do with the ear developing completely. Don’t remember. The doctor did the piercing herself at the same time she gave my baby her vaccines. But most people I know do it much earlier at 2 weeks or so .

amother
Slategray

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 9:03 am
amother Babypink wrote:

because we all know someone who wishes she didnt have earings!

SuperWify

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 9:21 am
amother Babypink wrote:

People have complaints on their parents for many things.

Mom, why did you ear pierce me against my will?
- That was never said yet, though in todays day you actually never know…

I did at 2 weeks and it was the best. Baby was too young to feel anything and we never had a problem with pulling them out. My daughter is almost three now and loves her earrings.

Chayalle

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 9:25 am
Not one of my daughters has complained to me about my having their ears pierced as a baby. One less thing for them to worry about.

It's not too young OP. I got mine for my kiddush, so I'm told. No recollection BH.

amother
Clover

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 9:34 am
My 15 year old daughter who doesn't wear any jewelry other than a watch is very grateful to me that I didn't pierce her ears when she was a baby. She says she may get them done one day if she's interested but she isn't there yet. I'm a big believer in not permanently altering a baby's body when they can't give consent except for giving a boy a bris since not doing so isn't an option.

amother
Daphne

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 9:44 am
The younger the better.

With dd 1&2 had their ears pierced within one week of birth they hardly flinched and healed beautifully and quickly. Dd 3 I wanted to be idealistic I waited till she was almost a year and it was an epic fail.

She was un cooperative and scared & kept jumping away which caused the holes to not be perfect. She kept tugging on them the following few weeks too. She is currently 7 years old and still has on and off infections and trouble with her ears, sensitive to many types of earrings Etc. Might be unrelated but it often wonder

amother
Bisque

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 9:46 am
I think they have to be real babies or old enough to understand - no in between. I just did it for my 3 and a half year old dd. She understood that it would be momentarily painful and she wanted to do it. She chose her earrings and allows me to turn them and wipe with alcohol because she understands what’s going on. There was no crying etc

amother
Cherry

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 9:53 am
amother Clover wrote:
My 15 year old daughter who doesn't wear any jewelry other than a watch is very grateful to me that I didn't pierce her ears when she was a baby. She says she may get them done one day if she's interested but she isn't there yet. I'm a big believer in not permanently altering a baby's body when they can't give consent except for giving a boy a bris since not doing so isn't an option.

Ear piercing is absolutely not permanent! The hole closes within afew weeks of not wearing earrings, especially for young kids.
One of my sisters didn't like wearing earrings from when she was a toddler. My mother took her earrings out and the holes closed up nicely.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics