Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info
Darchei Binah

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 04 2023, 12:24 am
Does anyone have any info? What is the seminary like, what kinds of girls is it for? Do they push the kollel lifestyle? Any kind of information would be very helpfull.

amother
Wine

Post Wed, Oct 04 2023, 1:28 am
I was there over 20 years ago and had a good experience BH.

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Oct 04 2023, 2:33 am
Nobody that I know who has gone there, 25 years ago or 7 years ago is living the kollel life. But most, not all, are charedi. And some are jpf.

amother
Cherry

Post Wed, Oct 04 2023, 6:50 am
My daughter went 2 yrs ago and they never push kollel...

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, Oct 04 2023, 7:05 am
I was there twelve years ago. I made lifelong friends and developed a true love for Israel. I also still email shailos to Rav Breitowitz, I don’t know if he still teaches there. They have incredible teachers. I didn’t marry someone in kollel and wasn’t made to feel bad about that but I think they do speak about it, although nowhere near the same amount as other more BY seminaries.
The girls vary but the majority are in between. I think it’s an honest place meaning you can be yourself to some extent and ask questions and not be afraid of repercussions. They do have some rules but a lot less intense than other schools. It’s the most BY of the non BY schools lol

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 10:41 am
I went about twenty years ago. It was amazing. They have the most incredible teachers. It's a warm environment where you can connect with the teachers. They really take care of you over there. I did not feel that they "pushed" kollel, definitely no big speeches about it. Most girls who ended up marrying someone in kollel did so because over their year they came to an appreciation for the chashivus of limud torah. And, the teachers whose husbands were in kollel were wonderful role models whom girls wanted to emulate.

amother
White

Post Fri, Nov 03 2023, 12:16 pm
amother OP wrote:
Does anyone have any info? What is the seminary like, what kinds of girls is it for? Do they push the kollel lifestyle? Any kind of information would be very helpfull.

Its more JPF. Not Yeshivish

They have AMAZING teachers!!!!

No I doubt that they push kollel lifestyle

amother
Dimgray

Post Fri, Nov 03 2023, 12:51 pm
They absolutely do not push kollel. It’s the most left wing of BY sems, yeshivish girls and those who want a kollel life don’t go there. What type is your daughter?

amother
Lemon

Post Fri, Nov 03 2023, 1:17 pm
amother Dimgray wrote:
They absolutely do not push kollel. It’s the most left wing of BY sems, yeshivish girls and those who want a kollel life don’t go there. What type is your daughter?

Yeshivish girls don’t go, but many who want a kollel life *do* go. They are frum not yeshivish. Many marry boys who learn in Israel. It’s not pushed and forced on anyone. It’s explained, and those who want to choose it do and and those who don’t, dont.

It’s not left wing.
It’s officially not a BY sem but in practice it is. Its right in between Michlala and Meor hashkafically.

amother
Skyblue

Post Fri, Nov 03 2023, 3:45 pm
I was there 5 years ago and kollel was definitely pushed. None of the teachers there married working guys. From my chevra, everyone started off in kollel and I still have friends in kollel 4 years down the line. I had a great year there, I came from a more modern background and my textual skills weren't great and BH they really worked with me. I still KIT with several teachers.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info