Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
I wear a shpitzel, AMA
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 12:12 am
Go ahead

amother
Oak

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 12:19 am
Do you wish you wear a sheitel but wouldn’t be different than your family?

amother
Oak

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 12:20 am
Do you also wear black zucken?

amother
Oak

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 12:21 am
Side point. So many ladies who wear a shpitzel are super pretty. Especially if they dress neat and put together. Something regal about them.

amother
Oak

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 12:21 am
Do you ever wear a sheitel in the bedroom?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 12:27 am
amother Oak wrote:
Do you wish you wear a sheitel but wouldn’t be different than your family?

Absolutely. I feel very intimidated when I’m around people who are wearing beautiful wigs. But I do look beautiful if I may say so myself Smile
More than the look that bothers me is the feeling of my head being wrapped around, I don’t know I need hair.
It’s considered a very big deal in my community to switch headgears. I don’t like to be the talk of town and also I do look good so I never really think of changing to a wig. I do think that when the time will come for my kids to get married I want them to have the choice of covering their hair in whatever way they want

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 12:27 am
amother Oak wrote:
Do you also wear black zucken?

Nope

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 12:29 am
amother Oak wrote:
Side point. So many ladies who wear a shpitzel are super pretty. Especially if they dress neat and put together. Something regal about them.

I’m gonna be really daring now and because nobody here knows my identity I will say it- I am naturally very very pretty and it definitely makes wearing a shpitzel a lot easier! I get comments all the time from very modern people how they love the look!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 12:31 am
amother Oak wrote:
Do you ever wear a sheitel in the bedroom?

Believe it or not I don’t.
I’m afraid if I’ll get myself a wig I won’t wanna wear my shpitzel anymore.
I know that many people do but somehow I never got one even though I did think of getting one at one point

GLUE

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 12:42 am
Is there any difference's between a shpitzel and a wrap?

Could very well be I am wrong. From the pictures I have seen a shpitzel is just a volumizer with a scarf on top.
The difference is the way it's tied.

Did I get this totally wrong.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 12:48 am
GLUE wrote:
Is there any difference's between a shpitzel and a wrap?

Could very well be I am wrong. From the pictures I have seen a shpitzel is just a volumizer with a scarf on top.
The difference is the way it's tied.

Did I get this totally wrong.

No you’re actually right.

honeymoon

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 12:49 am
Is a shpitzel uncomfortable? Is it sweaty in the heat?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 12:56 am
honeymoon wrote:
Is a shpitzel uncomfortable? Is it sweaty in the heat?

Really not comfortable. The second I get home I remove it! In the heat it could get sweaty but I believe so do wigs. I know my friends complain in the summer a lot about sweating under their wigs. A shpitzel does get sweaty but not super sweaty and only when it’s really very hot

amother
Aqua

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 1:24 am
Do you shave your hair?

amother
Aconite

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 2:01 am
amother OP wrote:
I’m gonna be really daring now and because nobody here knows my identity I will say it- I am naturally very very pretty and it definitely makes wearing a shpitzel a lot easier! I get comments all the time from very modern people how they love the look!

I know a couple ppl that took off their shpitzel. They didn't even look better in their wigs!

wigboutique

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 2:18 am
amother OP wrote:
Really not comfortable. The second I get home I remove it! In the heat it could get sweaty but I believe so do wigs. I know my friends complain in the summer a lot about sweating under their wigs. A shpitzel does get sweaty but not super sweaty and only when it’s really very hot

The new type of wigs (not necessarily lace) are manufactured better, very light and airy. Depending where you purchase from.

smss

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 3:17 am
amother OP wrote:
Really not comfortable. The second I get home I remove it!

What do you wear around the house?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 9:59 am
amother Aqua wrote:
Do you shave your hair?

I do! As crazy as it sounds it is really not hard for me. Before I got married I thought I’d never shave but I’m still doing it and have no reason to stop. Maybe if I ever move away to another community where the women don’t shave I’ll stop. As long as I’m a part of my community and the norm is to shave I will continue doing so.
On the same note, I do not judge anyone who doesn’t. I know some people struggle with it, thank god I don’t

amother
Mintcream

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 10:06 am
Fellow shpitzel wearer here!
I actually opened a shpitzel ama thread a while back during the last Imamother ama season

Very Happy

amother
Holly

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 10:22 am
I give you a lot of credit for wearing a shpitzel. Even if the reason is because you need to fit in the family/community you live in. I'm from the same situation but insisted on different headgear when I got married. It was definitely a big deal inthe family/ community when I did it.. I respect everyone that can do it.I couldn't and definitely had repercussions. But don't regret because it was not for me.

I do have a pet peeve. No, not everyone that wears a shpitzel looks regal and beautiful and eidel. Many look not pretty, slovenly, nebby. Some look neat. Some look bad. Majority don't look good in shpitzel. Al least, let's give these amazing women credit for wearing a shpitzel because the family/community requires it. Don't belittle their mesiras nefesh. Most do not look their best but sacrifice their looks because this is what's demanded from them. It's real mesiras nefesh. They deserve all the credit.

The minority that look beautiful and regal just got lucky. They deserve credit too but it's a but easier when you look good
Page 1 of 7   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics