Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
I am an Irish triplet Ama
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Hunter

Post Mon, Oct 09 2023, 10:42 am
I had my first two 13 months apart. It wasn't a surprise as I was not taking bc. Dh and I were thrilled to be expecting again. But it was so hard having 2 so close together. I had no help, dh a demanding work schedule. I feel like my oldest lost out on his babyhood cuz automatically I treated him older. I took longer breaks after my next few.
Unless someone is very strong and/or has a lot of help I would not recommend.

amother
Linen

Post Mon, Oct 09 2023, 1:16 pm
Op, do you enjoy your siblings or are you resentful?

amother
Lightpink

Post Wed, Dec 13 2023, 4:08 pm
I had my 4th when my oldest was about to turn 4

amother
Azure

Post Wed, Dec 13 2023, 4:15 pm
amother Lightpink wrote:
I had my 4th when my oldest was about to turn 4

Same.

amother
Narcissus

Post Sun, Dec 17 2023, 10:33 pm
For those of you who had babies very close in age, how do you feel? Was it by choice? Would you do it again? Tell us more

amother
Peony

Post Sun, Dec 17 2023, 11:00 pm
Most people don't regret having thier kids but I sometimes wonder if they regret the spacing.
Please enligten us so we can make healthy choices.
No one speaks about thiss in real life.

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Dec 17 2023, 11:18 pm
Do you get along with the two siblings? What are the genders? Was there any jealousy or fighting? Were you treated as individuals or were you expected to be the same (matching clothing , same activities…) Did you share the same friends?

dilego

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 2:42 am
Are we frum ladies here?????
Since when is it in our hands when and how many and how spaced apart we have children
The Ribono shel Olam decides. and sometimes things dont go as planned and one waits or bc fails or who knows how many reasons for having 3 under 3 or so. Please let Hashem do what is right and dont judge so much.
We are Not in charge. Hishtadlus yes but no mote than that.
And yes a mother gets her emotional kochos and phisical kochos from Him with each child
When I get a difficulty I get the Kochos to get passed it and the others difficulties arent for us this is why we dont get their peckel and their kochos.

dilego

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 2:43 am
So pleaaaase no judging your emotional neglect please. This is each ones peckel and yes your mothers isnt yours and our childs isnt ours. We get the kochos to help them on to their track of their life

amother
Peony

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 3:28 am
dilego wrote:
So pleaaaase no judging your emotional neglect please. This is each ones peckel and yes your mothers isnt yours and our childs isnt ours. We get the kochos to help them on to their track of their life

Some mothers make wrong famiily planning choices.

If they are having babies for the prestige of it or other ulterior motives and they are not ready to be a healthy mother, it's so wrong to have so many kids so close together.

We are frum ladies. That's why we try to make the right choices.

If you haven't suffered from emotional neglect due to large family size and overwhelmed mother, please don't say that kind of thing.

amother
Ebony

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 3:59 am
Sorry uf it sounds stupid in trying to do the maths, how does it add up?

How is it possible to have 3 babies in under 2 years?
Is there twins?

SuperWify

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 4:13 am
dilego wrote:

This is truly naive.

Tell this to the children whose parents didn’t give them the help they needed.

amother
Jasmine

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 4:59 am
My MIL had 4 stairsteps. Each consecutive child was born about 11 months after the previous one. She then had #5 about 3 years after the fourth and that was it. She was also working FT while FIL was at uni and had no cleaning help.

amother
Jasmine

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 5:02 am
amother Ebony wrote:

Is there twins?

If the mother conceives immediately after childbirth, the siblings will be less than a year apart . If this happens a second time after baby 2 then baby 3 will be born before baby 1 is two years old.

amother
Snapdragon

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 6:12 am
amother Ebony wrote:

Is there twins?

If someone had her 1st baby on Jan 1st 2020, and her 2nd 11 months later on Dec 1st 2020, that is 2 babies in less than 1 year.

Then she has her 3rd baby 11 months after that, in November 2021, that is 3 children in 22 months.

We're not counting the 9 months it took to have the 1st baby. Counting from the birth of the first baby.

Busybee5

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 7:05 am
amother Crocus wrote:
Being able to do a great job mothering the three is what makes her a superwoman.

Did she have a choice? After all it was her choice not to go on birth control.

Busybee5

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 7:39 am
amother Purple wrote:
I have 3 in 28 months. I am not a great mother to them. Even though I naturally love kids, its been a couple of years and each day is still torture. But this was not by choice and I am doing the best I can.

OP are you the oldests of the family or youngests? Sometimes older siblings can be a help. Did any of you have any conditions that made things even harder?

Are u best Bubby's daughter? Wink

Busybee5

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 7:44 am
amother Lemon wrote:
I always thought that Irish triplets were 3 born in a single year.

My great-grandmother had my grandmother in January 1920 and gave birth to twins (2 months premature) in December 1920.
I can’t fathom how she did it, they didn’t even have disposable diapers. (I also imagine they didn’t have very effective BC.) She also cared for her elderly FIL at the time.
I definitely don’t have her energy or perseverance.

Hi cousin! Maybe Smile I'm on a higher generation though. My grandmother had one , then twins when he was 11 months old.

Just realised you're not my cousin cos my grandmother had a boy first.

amother
Butterscotch

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 8:10 am
I had first 2 in ten months. It was great. While overwhelming in the beginning, they grew up together and are great sibs. When you're young you can do it. I don't see any downside.

amother
Peony

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 8:11 am
There is a woman in Monsey that gave birth to twins 4 months ago. Her oldest was 10 months old!
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics