Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Masters in Education/Special Education (tristate to Israel)

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 06 2023, 3:10 am
How do I transfer my degree to Israel? How useful/necessary is it to transfer it? What kind of jobs are there in Israel in Education besides for classroom teacher? Also, what is the salary like?

TIA!

amother
Seablue

Post Fri, Oct 06 2023, 5:24 am
amother OP wrote:
How do I transfer my degree to Israel? How useful/necessary is it to transfer it? What kind of jobs are there in Israel in Education besides for classroom teacher? Also, what is the salary like?

TIA!

You cannot teach in an Education Ministry school without Israeli credentials. Where is your degree from?

You can always tutor, if you like.

Salary depends on a lot of factors.

And most importantly, if you are my mother (your credentials look like hers) then please don't come.

shabbatiscoming

Post Fri, Oct 06 2023, 5:37 am
amother OP wrote:

TIA!

I am almost certain ypu have to transfwr your degrees through misrad hachinuch.
You wont be able to work without transfering.
Good luck.

amother
Powderblue

Post Fri, Oct 06 2023, 6:12 am
You can transfer your degree https://students.education.gov.....glish

Jobs? there are all sorts. Depends on your Ivrit and your level of experience. This is a calculator which will help you work it out if you work through misrad hachinuch https://tlush.edu.gov.il/calculators/

If you work in a private school, it just depends what they offer you.

From what I understand from my friends, it's virtually impossible to make it just on a teacher's salary. Most of them do also supervision, tutoring, organizing events in school, etc etc as well.

amother
Pear

Post Fri, Oct 06 2023, 8:02 am
Did you make Aliya?
I tried transferring my degree 20 years ago. I spent a few months running back and force between offices and gave up. But I did get a job as a special Ed teacher at a school that needed a teacher urgently. I got a work permit and they were allowed to hire me. I taught a low functioning class. My Hebrew is very good. Writing IEPs in Hebrew was a great learning experience

amother
Pink

Post Fri, Oct 06 2023, 11:46 am
Does Israel accept the MS in Special Ed from Sara Schneirer? How is the salary in Israel for a special Ed teacher?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions