Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Do you use a weighted blanket?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 10 2023, 2:53 pm
Looking for a recommendation for a weighted blanket for an adult.
I see lots of mixed reviews.
If you have one and you’re happy, please link.

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Oct 10 2023, 2:55 pm
This is awesome. No beads. Fully knitted.
https://bearaby.com/products/the-napper

amother
NeonGreen

Post Tue, Oct 10 2023, 3:22 pm
Be aware that the weight of the blanket should be around no more than 10% of your body weight, and it might be even less for a child.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 10 2023, 3:38 pm
amother Cyan wrote:
This is awesome. No beads. Fully knitted.
https://bearaby.com/products/the-napper

That looks very warm.
I had a something like a cotton quilt in mind.

happy chick

Post Tue, Oct 10 2023, 3:44 pm
I tried it once and it hurt my body when I got up in the morning. I stopped using it.

It is recommended to be 10% of your body weight and mine was slightly less and still not good. I also didn't find it did any good for my anxiety.

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Tue, Oct 10 2023, 3:44 pm
My kids all use them. I never tried.

amother
Alyssum

Post Thu, Oct 12 2023, 10:57 am
I have this one and like it https://standardtextilehome.co.....86321

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 12 2023, 11:27 am
amother Alyssum wrote:
I have this one and like it https://standardtextilehome.co.....86321

Yikes… I ordered one from amazon for half the price. This one seems to be in a different category. I’m looking for something that will help me sleep at night.

amother
Alyssum

Post Thu, Oct 12 2023, 11:41 am
amother OP wrote:
Yikes… I ordered one from amazon for half the price. This one seems to be in a different category. I’m looking for something that will help me sleep at night.

Im sure the one from amazon will be ok!

Rubber Ducky

Post Thu, Oct 12 2023, 12:00 pm
I tried a weighted blanket but am happier with 2 heavy throws on top of my quilt.

amother
Tulip

Post Wed, Nov 22 2023, 10:00 pm
I use one from Thera at therabrand.co and it is absolutely amazing! I love the comfort and heaviness.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 22 2023, 10:40 pm
Update-

I bought myself a weighted blanket from amazon. I carefully checked the material and the weight and read reviews.
My blanket arrived on a Friday afternoon.
Friday night I was resting on the couch with the blanket and it felt so good. Like a hug. I almost fell asleep with it and was looking forward to using it later on in my bed.
My teenage daughter saw the blanket. She was begging me non stop to let her use it.
I kept refusing. Finally right before I was going to sleep she asked me again for the blanket.
I finally gave in. She has a very hard time staying asleep and usually wakes up for hours in the middle of the night. I figured it’s worth it to let her try it. It’s been working. She’s been sleeping so much better.
The strangest thing is that I’m also sleeping much better than ever without using the blanket! I guess all I had to do was buy it 😂.
Looks like I won’t be getting it back so I’m deciding if I should purchase another one..

amother
Cyan

Post Wed, Nov 22 2023, 10:45 pm
amother OP wrote:
Update-

I bought myself a weighted blanket from amazon. I carefully checked the material and the weight and read reviews.
My blanket arrived on a Friday afternoon.
Friday night I was resting on the couch and it felt so good. Like a hug. I almost fell asleep with it and was looking forward to using it later on in my bed.
My teenage daughter saw the blanket. She was begging me non stop to let her use it.
I kept refusing. Finally right before I was going to sleep she asked me again for the blanket.
I finally gave in. She has a very hard time staying asleep and usually wakes up for hours in the middle of the night. I figured it’s worth it to let her try it. It’s been working. She’s been sleeping so much better.
The strangest thing is that I’m also sleeping much better than ever without using the blanket! I guess all I had to do was buy it 😂.
Looks like I won’t be getting it back so I’m deciding if I should purchase another one..

Can you post the link to the one you have?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 22 2023, 10:56 pm
amother Cyan wrote:
Can you post the link to the one you have?

There is a chart on the bottom of the page that helps you choose the right weight blanket based on how much you weigh.
I bought the 10 pound blanket even though according to the chart I should use the 12 pound blanket. It’s very, very weighted. (It’s even heavy to lift and carry.)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07N.....ss_tl

amother
Nasturtium

Post Wed, Nov 22 2023, 11:11 pm
I sleep with 2 weighted blankets. It's about 16% of my body weight. It gives my body the message that it's time to let go of everything and fall asleep.

Chana Miriam S

Post Thu, Nov 23 2023, 12:31 am
I did but I developed serious knee pain that resolved when I stoped using it. No idea how or why that happened.

shanie5

Post Thu, Nov 23 2023, 11:33 am
I use a 15 lb weighted blanket. So does dd 13 even though it's more than 10% her body weight. Many of my grandkids have weighted blankets too. I bought a 25lb one for ds and his kids fight over it.

If you can't handle the weight, but want the feeling of it, try the HUG SLEEP. It's on sale now for black friday, so good time to get it. https://hugsleep.com/
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics