Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Even Yisrael Lakewood
1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 22 2023, 5:23 pm
Can anyone explain what type sends to this school?
What girl schools correspond to it ?

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Oct 22 2023, 5:27 pm
Lots of overlap with Nachlas
Down to earth crowd
Yeshivah people but not very right wing , middle of the road

Perrys

Post Sun, Oct 22 2023, 5:27 pm
Chein by

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 22 2023, 5:34 pm
Thank you so much! I know a lot of people who send to both schools and I see how it can be a good fit for us

Does anyone know where the parent body is holding - as far as fathers all wearing white shirts, as far as mothers tznius, as far as smartphones etc (NOT starting a debate of right / wrong, just trying to get a feel of the school’s overall type )

amother
Mintgreen

Post Sun, Oct 22 2023, 5:35 pm
Pretty sure it’s white shirt, Lakewood standards tznius (tights, etc) and I think yes smartphones but filtered but also some or even many without smartphones

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Oct 22 2023, 5:38 pm
amother Mintgreen wrote:
Pretty sure it’s white shirt, Lakewood standards tznius (tights, etc) and I think yes smartphones but filtered but also some or even many without smartphones

This

amother
Clover

Post Sun, Oct 22 2023, 6:49 pm
I send to even Yisrael
The school is very yeshivish and much simpler, definitely not cool at all
Not a lot of brand names, much more OOT type
I would say at least half of the parent body has flip phones
The parent body is not like nesivos at all, though for some reason people apply to both
Of course there are exceptions, but that’s the majority

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 22 2023, 7:00 pm
amother Clover wrote:
I send to even Yisrael
The parent body is not like nesivos at all, though for some reason people apply to both

That’s actually partly what is confusing me about types. I am hearing that a lot of people are applying here as well as nesivos and Ohr Yehuda . I don’t know many people who send here but those I know seem very different than Ohr Yehuda type …

amother
Clover

Post Sun, Oct 22 2023, 7:10 pm
amother OP wrote:
That’s actually partly what is confusing me about types. I am hearing that a lot of people are applying here as well as nesivos and Ohr Yehuda . I don’t know many people who send here but those I know seem very different than Ohr Yehuda type …

Yes, people do apply to those three, but then the schools seem to divide those people and on the whole, EY parent body is more oot, more yeshivish, and more simple. Nesivos parent body on the whole is more with it, while still kind of oot, and less simple, and Ohr Yehuda falls somewhere in between
There are a lot of exceptions of course!! I’m personally not oot-type and much more with it, but I chose EY specifically for the simpler and more yeshivish crowd. Those are the families I wanted my boys to be friends with for personal reasons

Chayalle

Post Sun, Oct 22 2023, 7:31 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thank you so much! I know a lot of people who send to both schools and I see how it can be a good fit for us

Does anyone know where the parent body is holding - as far as fathers all wearing white shirts, as far as mothers tznius, as far as smartphones etc (NOT starting a debate of right / wrong, just trying to get a feel of the school’s overall type )

My sister sends to this school. She is regular full BY tznius, her husband is a black-hatter/white shirt learned for several years in BMG then started his own business. They have filtered smartphones.

They don't have girls in school yet.

They applied to Nesivos in case they wouldn't get into EY, because we have very strong pull in Nesivos. But BH didn't need it. Didn't apply to Ohr Yehuda.

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Oct 22 2023, 7:45 pm
amother Clover wrote:
I send to even Yisrael

By Lakewood standards EY is not “very yeshivish”.
If you divided all the schools in Lakewood in a spectrum it would likely by on the left half of schools
It’s a wonderful solid school, but I would say “very yeshivish” schools are ohr hatorah , cheder Bnei Torah, Toras Zev , maybe torahs menachem … there are others but even yisroel is definitely not same crowd as those

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 22 2023, 7:47 pm
amother Linen wrote:
If you divided all the schools in Lakewood in a spectrum it would likely by on the left half of schools
It’s a wonderful solid school, but I would say “very yeshivish” schools are ohr hatorah , cheder Bnei Torah, Toras Zev , maybe torahs menachem … there are others but even yisroel is definitely not same crowd as those

Is it similar to any Brooklyn schools? Just for type comparison sake?

Chayalle

Post Sun, Oct 22 2023, 7:48 pm
amother Linen wrote:

Agree. I would say it's middle-of-the-road yeshivish.

ETA for comparison, my sister wanted either Ohr Shraga or EY. She got into EY, so didn't pursue Ohr Shraga.

amother
Clover

Post Sun, Oct 22 2023, 7:53 pm
amother Linen wrote:

Really, you’re correct, but I’m not sure the administration accepts that…

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Oct 22 2023, 8:16 pm
amother OP wrote:
Is it similar to any Brooklyn schools? Just for type comparison sake?

I’m sorry but I have no idea personally

amother
Daylily

Post Sun, Oct 22 2023, 8:23 pm
amother Linen wrote:

Would love if someone could also list all schools on a spectrum… would make it so much easier to know where to apply

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Oct 22 2023, 8:29 pm
amother Daylily wrote:
Would love if someone could also list all schools on a spectrum… would make it so much easier to know where to apply

I don’t think there would be any consensus that’s the problem!

Every school on here is seemingly described “very normal middle of the road” 😆

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 22 2023, 8:33 pm
amother Daylily wrote:

Yessss that would be amazing

amother
Outerspace

Post Sun, Oct 22 2023, 8:45 pm
This might not be so accurate because a lot of schools overlap and are similar
From most yeshivish to less yeshivish:

Cheder bnei torah
Ohr hatorah
Mesoras hatorah
Toras menachem
Yeshiva ketana
Toras zev
Toras aharon
Shagas aryeh
The cheder
Ohr shraga
Nachlei torah
Eitz chaim
Ohr yehuda
Orchos chaim
Nesivos
Even yisroel
Tiferes yisroel
Tashbar
Ytt
Kol torah

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Oct 22 2023, 8:48 pm
amother Outerspace wrote:
This might not be so accurate because a lot of schools overlap and are similar
From most yeshivish to less yeshivish:

Cheder bnei torah
Ohr hatorah
Mesoras hatorah
Toras menachem
Yeshiva ketana
Toras zev
Toras aharon
Shagas aryeh
The cheder
Ohr shraga
Nachlei torah
Eitz chaim
Ohr yehuda
Orchos chaim
Nesivos
Even yisroel
Tiferes yisroel
Tashbar
Ytt
Kol torah

See I disagree 😆
I’d say ohr Yehuda definitely to the left of even yisroel , nesivos and orchos chaim

I think you also left off a number of schools but idk what they are either lol.

Overall good list!
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries